The JADE thread!

Thanks CR, those are some delicious looking beads! I want. Chubby and luscious and the color variation looks great on you.

Vicky, thanks for attaching all the articles. I love reading up on this. I have seen the 1992 GIA article and have it saved on my computer, LOL! I had not seen the info about UV inert fillers. There are strong pressures to "evolve" in this market for sure!

Silverstar, I think all metal can leave marks on jade. In my experience this happens inside recesses of carvings and inside holes of beads where the jade is not polished (so probably on matte beads surface too.) I have a piece of Russian nephrite I wear attached to my keys. The black marks from the stainless steel key ring appeared inside the hole after only a day. The rest of the polished jade where it hits the keys a lot is unaffected.

Thanks CR, those are some delicious looking beads! I want. Chubby and luscious and the color variation looks great on you.

Vicky, thanks for attaching all the articles. I love reading up on this. I have seen the 1992 GIA article and have it saved on my computer, LOL! I had not seen the info about UV inert fillers. There are strong pressures to "evolve" in this market for sure!

Silverstar, I think all metal can leave marks on jade. In my experience this happens inside recesses of carvings and inside holes of beads where the jade is not polished (so probably on matte beads surface too.) I have a piece of Russian nephrite I wear attached to my keys. The black marks from the stainless steel key ring appeared inside the hole after only a day. The rest of the polished jade where it hits the keys a lot is unaffected.
Thanks so much JB! I’ve been on a bead kick lately, but I think I’m done for a while

Hi Vicky,
I didn’t know that silver and gold will leave black marks on the drill holes. Thanks for your information! At the same time, I’m more of the “enjoy the NOW” type so I think even with that knowledge, I will still keep the Pandora bead on the bracelet. It just brings me so much joy looking at it. :smile:
The black marks are due to the friction between the metal rubbing or grinding on the stone, because the pendants with metal bails that I wore most often would have severe black marks compared to those just stored away. Anyway, you can clean away by soaking jade in nail polish remover and use toothbrush (hard type not the soft one recommended for our gum) to brush it out after soaking...but it is too much for lazy me

Hi Jadies! Im so happy to see sun today. I’m wearing Pi (perfectly imperfect) today and this ring. She has some pretty cool dendrites. Have a great day Jadies ☺️

Attachments

• F6DCEB29-EF5E-490B-A448-2841CD7AB6B0.jpeg
    F6DCEB29-EF5E-490B-A448-2841CD7AB6B0.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 140
  • B41F3920-A2BD-4CF1-A2B0-49E2FCFAB440.jpeg
    B41F3920-A2BD-4CF1-A2B0-49E2FCFAB440.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 722070EF-CEB3-4517-80C6-14C9DBA4E653.jpeg
    722070EF-CEB3-4517-80C6-14C9DBA4E653.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 131
Hi all :smile: beautiful bangle and amazing ring Cyanide Rose! checking the forum after along time and wanted to update on how my bangle is looking after now wearing it nearly for 2 years permanently on my left wrist :smile: The first two fotos are from my bangle on the first day and the last 4 pictures are from today in the same non- direct, natural light...

View attachment 4451479View attachment 4451480View attachment 4451481View attachment 4451482View attachment 4451483View attachment 4451484

Hi FraBa! Wow your bangle has become more moist and translucent with time. Do you notice it? Looks lovely on you

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Hi all :smile: beautiful bangle and amazing ring Cyanide Rose! checking the forum after along time and wanted to update on how my bangle is looking after now wearing it nearly for 2 years permanently on my left wrist :smile: The first two fotos are from my bangle on the first day and the last 4 pictures are from today in the same non- direct, natural light...

View attachment 4451479View attachment 4451480View attachment 4451481View attachment 4451482View attachment 4451483View attachment 4451484
FraBa Thanks so much ☺️ Your bangle looks more luminous to me, very pretty :smile:

Love her name. Pi - perfectly imperfect:smile: that’s such a cool way to describe most jade pieces. Your banker is beautiful And the ring is adorable. Colour is poppin
Thanks my friend! You are so right about that and that’s why I love jade so much. Those little imperfections give it character to me. I tend to be partial to pieces that have imperfections that most people wouldn’t like. I find them more interesting and I really do enjoy them ☺️

Good day Jadies! JB, I finally got this one. The weather is bad, so no mod shots yet but I really like it. I have wanted one of this cut for a while and yours motivated me to finally get one. This one is definitely more brown sugar jade than half and half ☺️
It’s gorgeous C Rose! Brown sugar, caramel with some vanilla ice cream is what this looks like to me

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
It’s gorgeous C Rose! Brown sugar, caramel with some vanilla ice cream is what this looks like to me
Hey there 2BJM! Thanks so much my friend! I put myself on a buying ban and I keep failing. There is just too much beautiful jade out there :smile:

Just to see the differences, I took a side by side of half and half and the new one. I really like them both but they are too heavy to wear together

Attachments

• 9F4EDC70-7EA8-4551-A515-2BC83C8E718A.jpeg
    9F4EDC70-7EA8-4551-A515-2BC83C8E718A.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 90
Hey there 2BJM! Thanks so much my friend! I put myself on a buying ban and I keep failing. There is just too much beautiful jade out there :smile:

Just to see the differences, I took a side by side of half and half and the new one. I really like them both but they are too heavy to wear together

Half and Half has a touch of yellow and had a sunnier airy feel while Brown Sugar is more rich in colour. Can you wear one on each wrist?

Reactions: Cyanide Rose