The JADE thread!

Half and Half has a touch of yellow and had a sunnier airy feel while Brown Sugar is more rich in colour. Can you wear one on each wrist?

Yes my friend, you are right. I can never tell the color from online pictures unless it’s really dark. Unfortunately I can’t wear one on each wrist because my left wrist is about 3 millimeters bigger. I wish I could because I have been wearing Pi since I got her. She is nephrite and you know I’m partial to nephrite:smile: I’m a lefty, so I wear my bangles on the right side. Stacking is what I will have to do, because I’m curious to see if Pi will change any over time. Not sure if nephrite changes like jadeite can, but I do love her texture and feel.

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
Pretty dendrite flecks like confetti add such fun to the creamy white nephrite
Hope you’re having a great weekend C Rose and all the Jadies here:smile:

Thanks so much my friend I am really enjoying her. She isn’t as creamy in person, mainly translucent white and more translucent where the dendrites are. I love a creamy nephrite, so this took a bit to get used to, but She has really grown on me.

Your oval princess bangle is really pretty! I love the splash of color. I’m eyeing a now, although I shouldn’t be buying anything. I’m telling myself I don’t need it ;)

My weekend is going well, enjoy the rest of yours my friend:smile:

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
Hey there 2BJM! Thanks so much my friend! I put myself on a buying ban and I keep failing. There is just too much beautiful jade out there :smile:

Just to see the differences, I took a side by side of half and half and the new one. I really like them both but they are too heavy to wear together

I love this bangle for you CR! Such smooth color transition. Yay, congrats on getting it. How do you find the comfort of this shape?

I love this bangle for you CR! Such smooth color transition. Yay, congrats on getting it. How do you find the comfort of this shape?

Hi there JB! Thanks so much! I hope you are well I really like it! The weight is nice too! Thanks so much for the inspiration, it’s a true beauty. I’m still working on getting my tools of the trade. Now that it’s warm on a regular basis, I’m gonna try a new hobby. It should be interesting :smile:

Reactions: jadeitebear
FB65BF1D-D86B-47A7-9859-2690947CA7EE.jpeg ACE423B1-4EC9-434D-940C-64621574B8C9.jpeg 2016CEAE-B12A-4D00-A3A8-9782FA0CEFCC.jpeg 09E5D4DE-78F4-472A-85B3-0AEC57E2F291.jpeg FE8F5365-A816-4850-89BD-77B78A63F521.jpeg 5E37831D-92B9-4563-A554-163DA1DA5D08.jpeg 21D637DD-2102-4EAF-A33A-DA00185E9479.jpeg [ I have had difficulty logging into the apps . Then I realized it’s no more so it’s been a while since I check in .

Although I still really get excited looking at bangles , maybe my last bangle was the “ holy grail “ , no longer going gaga on jade spree , I have kind of just wear what I have now .

I m wearing this one most of the time . The icy white . Today , I went to town to replate an anklet my son worn as a toddler with tiny jadeite charms , to white gold . My wrist is tiny enough so , I m wearing it as a bracelet with the icy peach pictured

Singapore is where you would sometimes see chinese ladies adorn jade bangles , since it’s a heritage thing . Though the jade culture is not as strong as in Hong Kong where some of my family resides , the following for jade is getting younger as it’s become rather trendy to wear jade jewelry . Over in Chinatown. If u went to the right shops, you may able to find something that speaks to your heart and budget . You can find a lot of jade shops here .

I really enjoy going to china town though , because it’s quite vibrant here with the confectionery I grew up eating as a kid and now , with occasional jade browsing . Hope one day , you ladies get to come to SG for touring , maybe the SG ladies here can share where to look out for really nice jade and good food !

Some of the pics over last week , because my son is besotted with the food , we keep coming back for the food

I really love the floating flowers on this . Where is this from? The flowers contrast very nicely against the snowy background . Very refreshing look !
Thanks Bernie! This bangle is from JoJo. Their website is far from updated as many pieces are actually sold but there is a large inventory(constantly changing) that is not shown so you can email them and let them know what you are looking for and price range. It’s my second purchase from them and both were good experiences.

View attachment 4457124 View attachment 4457125 View attachment 4457128 View attachment 4457129 View attachment 4457130 View attachment 4457131 View attachment 4457132 [ I have had difficulty logging into the apps . Then I realized it’s no more so it’s been a while since I check in .

Although I still really get excited looking at bangles , maybe my last bangle was the “ holy grail “ , no longer going gaga on jade spree , I have kind of just wear what I have now .

I m wearing this one most of the time . The icy white . Today , I went to town to replate an anklet my son worn as a toddler with tiny jadeite charms , to white gold . My wrist is tiny enough so , I m wearing it as a bracelet with the icy peach pictured

Singapore is where you would sometimes see chinese ladies adorn jade bangles , since it’s a heritage thing . Though the jade culture is not as strong as in Hong Kong where some of my family resides , the following for jade is getting younger as it’s become rather trendy to wear jade jewelry . Over in Chinatown. If u went to the right shops, you may able to find something that speaks to your heart and budget . You can find a lot of jade shops here .

I really enjoy going to china town though , because it’s quite vibrant here with the confectionery I grew up eating as a kid and now , with occasional jade browsing . Hope one day , you ladies get to come to SG for touring , maybe the SG ladies here can share where to look out for really nice jade and good food !

Some of the pics over last week , because my son is besotted with the food , we keep coming back for the food

How sweet that you’re wearing the anklet your son wore - so much sentimental value. Your icy bangle is gorgeous so I can see why you’ve been wearing it a lot. The icy peach s beautiful too Bernie.
The food looks delicious! I love all types of noodles in soup and just food in general so Singapore would be a great place to visit someday for the food and bonus that there are jade shops too!

View attachment 4457124 View attachment 4457125 View attachment 4457128 View attachment 4457129 View attachment 4457130 View attachment 4457131 View attachment 4457132 [ I have had difficulty logging into the apps . Then I realized it’s no more so it’s been a while since I check in .

Beautiful jade and food! Looks like an amazing place to visit and shop :smile:

Reactions: berniechocolate

Now I’m getting hungry! A good friend spent a few years in Singapore and kept encouraging me to come visit (but I just didn’t have the time) bummer. I wish I’d made the time..”seize the day” as the saying goes.

BernieChocolate Your icy pieces are lovely. Jade is getting popular amongst the young? Awesome. Earlier in the thread, there was a person whose relative designed modernized pieces with jade. I really liked it. I have some very traditional pieces given to me by my mother in law that I don’t think I’d wear. Bangles that are a little tight make me nervous. I just don’t like squishing my wrist. I keep thinking of interesting ways to wear some of her more interesting pieces.

Reactions: berniechocolate
BernieChocolate, the icy peach is TDF! a perfect match to your bangle. No wonder you wear the icy bangle all the time. The charms too are so vibrant and lovely, and what a special piece!

CR, thank you! What I am doing is trying to stay away from buying another bangle, LOL! I missed a HG bangle I was eyeing for a while, but when I finally got around to making an offer, it turned out it had just sold. Oh well. I have been trying not to assuage my sorrow by getting another one though I may give in... and I did purchase some beads to match my Olmec blue.
IMG_20190609_164816.jpg