Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
View attachment 4336356View attachment 4336358
That is gorgeous!! And the music theme, with the amazing changeant! Stunning, wow!

Reactions: imagineme
Looking fabulous! Nice pairing of that PdS with coral. I usually wear mine with turquoise, but this is a wonderful alternative! Thanks for the inspiration.

Ah, that’s so kind of you. I love wearing coral in the Spring and Summer.

Both gorgeous! And maybe someday I’ll be able to track down this CW of PdS.. Can’t believe I missed it when it was around... And I think all the scarves you’ve modeled lately look great with your new grey

I found it so hard to choose a colourway for PdS as I could only afford one. Thanks so much for the comment about my hair!

How nice to see you, @HermesHope ! The scarves are lovely. And your hair looks fantastic!

You are so kind! My hair is a very sensitive subject at the moment because I am horrified to realise that it is getting even thinner :sad:

These are all so amazing! I am awestruck by the Ecume... it is spectacular! When was it issued and who is the designer?
Missed answering you, fifi. Ecume was designed by Antoine de Jacquelot.
According to post 5646 in the grail thread, it was issued in 1998 as a moussie and a CSGM.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/your-grail-scarf.121359/page-377#post-31067915
The photos in this post show a seafoam blue cw. Lanit's cw looks more green. Mine has a very deep midnight blue base colour. All three are moussies.
One tpfer Chestnutty has shown the CGSM which appears to be the same cw as my moussie.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/chestnuttys-silky-treasure-hunting.847667/#post-25858060
@yodaling1, fyi as you were interested in wishlisting Ecume.

Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
View attachment 4336356View attachment 4336358

W00T! You got it! (insert big sigh of relief!) Superb! (And now we are CW twins to my La Rosee!) It's magnificent!

10 Feb 2019 -LOVE IS IN THE AIR- Red and/or Romantic scarves!

Red is a very special color.

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.

Look at all these marvelous reds! You are the Queen this week AnnaE!

Reactions: Julide
Following Anna's great intro with Fantaisie Pittoresque

View attachment 4336605

View attachment 4336609

Herbier de Gavarnie

View attachment 4336661

Flânerie à Versailles

View attachment 4336667

NAPOLÉON

View attachment 4336666

La Danse pochette

View attachment 4336662

Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident

View attachment 4336664

View attachment 4336665

MARWARI

View attachment 4336663

Went to my sis-in-law's place for a new year gathering today. I made her a pair of lanterns in hot pink and orangey-red. My red Tyger didn't last long - I wilted in the heat :rolleyes:
View attachment 4336731

:drool: :faint: I think I just fell over from all the fabulousness Croisette, orchard and Xincinsin!

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.
A fabulous intro AnnaE and what a gorgeous array of reds! :heart:

Bee-You-Tee-Full!!
Following Anna's great intro with Fantaisie Pittoresque

View attachment 4336605

View attachment 4336609

Herbier de Gavarnie

View attachment 4336661

Flânerie à Versailles

View attachment 4336667

NAPOLÉON

View attachment 4336666

La Danse pochette

View attachment 4336662

Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident

View attachment 4336664

View attachment 4336665

MARWARI

View attachment 4336663

Traineaux et Glissades

View attachment 4336684

TURANDOT

View attachment 4336680

CLIQUETIS dipdye

View attachment 4336678

and my red ELenK

View attachment 4336685

and scarfies: I will be away next week!
Croisette - you are killing me again!! What an amazing collection of reds!
Is your Herbier de Gavarnie on a bee jacquard too? That would be serendipitous! :heart:
And safe travels sweetie!

Went to my sis-in-law's place for a new year gathering today. I made her a pair of lanterns in hot pink and orangey-red. My red Tyger didn't last long - I wilted in the heat :rolleyes:
View attachment 4336731
You made a pair of lanterns?!? Wow!!
Your Tyger is gorgeous - but wearing a tiger on your shoulders can get a bit warmish occasionally! :giggle:

Wonderful introduction! You are the queen of red.

It’s just incredibly gorgeous and perfect for you!
I am so so happy for you!
(And maybe a teeny bit jelly! Just a little tho - it was meant to be yours! [emoji173]️)
Thank you sooo much! (It’s ok to be a little jelly - that’s what fuels the hunt, no?)

OMG! That is so gorgeous! Where's the fainting couch? Too late... :faint:
Lol, thank you! When I saw this online, I about fainted as well!!

Congrats on your beauty, Joanna, this is made for you! I've just the same drama from the US, am really nervous.
Thank you, dear Croisette! I hope your package worries are put to rest soon - there’s nothing as anxiety-producing as waiting on scarf mail. Crossing fingers for you!

O.M.G. !!!! This is so gorgeous! We all know how difficult it is to photograph moussies, but you have really captured the colors and the gleam and the cloudiness and the magic. Good job all around! Sorry for all the agita surrounding its travel. But you're right - this was destined to be yours!
Thank you, moma!! Cloudiness and magic, yes! I’ll try to take some pictures in the sun today...

That is gorgeous!! And the music theme, with the amazing changeant! Stunning, wow!
Thank you, kaduna! I’m totally in love [emoji7] I have one other changeant but it’s so much more subtle than this one. I love the stronger shift in color!

W00T! You got it! (insert big sigh of relief!) Superb! (And now we are CW twins to my La Rosee!) It's magnificent!
I swooned hard over your la Rosee, bunny, and never thought I’d be able to get anything close to it. I’m so so thrilled to be cw twins with you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.