Scarves Your Grail Scarf

Gosh - another Turandot happen to fall in my hands - brand new with tags and less than retail. Okay now I need to really stop being a hoarder.View attachment 3599434

View attachment 3599436

Well, I finally succumbed to this design from SS2005. Les triples ! Wonderful memento of trips to Paris, past and future
View attachment 3601703 View attachment 3601704 View attachment 3601705 View attachment 3601706 .

Lanit and Scarf1 Congratulations both on finding such lovely pieces.
Turandot is amongst my favourite designs, all the colour ways are beautiful and so different , Lanit this one is perfect on you.
Les Triples is new to me, I love the reference to Paris boutiques !

Very nice! This design has really grown on me. I have the gavroche in similar CW. Congratulations!

Lanit and Scarf1 Congratulations both on finding such lovely pieces.
Turandot is amongst my favourite designs, all the colour ways are beautiful and so different , Lanit this one is perfect on you.
Les Triples is new to me, I love the reference to Paris boutiques !

Oh!!! I LOVE this scarf. I used to read Les Triplés in Madame Figaro every week when I was an au pair many years ago. Happy memories. Thank you for showing this! [emoji4][emoji4]

Thanks all!

Reactions: Pautinka
I have a grail to share; it is by far my hardest-won H treasure. I've been searching for Ecume for as long as I've been collecting scarves-- almost a decade. Ecume was issued only once, in 1998, in a GM Mousseline and a CSGM. The second I saw a photograph of the design I fell in love with it, and was determined I would one day own either the moussie or the cashmere (or perhaps both!). But because of its scarcity, it only seems to come available once in a blue moon.

Finally, after years of stalking, a reputable reseller listed one at only a slight premium above the US boutique price. Usually I won't pay a premium *at all* (sorry to burst your bubbles, resellers reading this thread :P)-- I have infinite patience for "the hunt"-- but I didn't think twice about hitting the "buy" button on this one. The seller sent it out express from the Continent to the UK on January 30, and it was scanned out at the border. And then it vanished from tracking.

The seller and I spent the past two weeks haranguing our respective postal services, and I was starting to despair of ever seeing the scarf I'd waited for for so long. Then magically, last night, the parcel popped up on tracking again-- and arrived at my doorstep this afternoon. Then I had another fright when I saw that the parcel was soaked on one corner. Thankfully the Hermes box had absorbed all of the water, and I'm just fine with having a puckered and bubbly shawl box in order to have my pristine Ecume.

The color is very hard to capture-- a beautiful seafoam shade with leaf green and pale lemon accents. The detail and shading is incredible, and although I would love to be twins with @Chestnutty one day on the CSGM version, I am so pleased with the way that the sheerness of the fabric has a watery quality that suits the scarf's theme. :heart:

ecume-3.jpg ecume-1.jpg

Attachments

• ecume-2.jpg
    ecume-2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 502
I have a grail to share; it is by far my hardest-won H treasure. I've been searching for Ecume for as long as I've been collecting scarves-- almost a decade. Ecume was issued only once, in 1998, in a GM Mousseline and a CSGM. The second I saw a photograph of the design I fell in love with it, and was determined I would one day own either the moussie or the cashmere (or perhaps both!). But because of its scarcity, it only seems to come available once in a blue moon.

Finally, after years of stalking, a reputable reseller listed one at only a slight premium above the US boutique price. Usually I won't pay a premium *at all* (sorry to burst your bubbles, resellers reading this thread :P)-- I have infinite patience for "the hunt"-- but I didn't think twice about hitting the "buy" button on this one. The seller sent it out express from the Continent to the UK on January 30, and it was scanned out at the border. And then it vanished from tracking.

The seller and I spent the past two weeks haranguing our respective postal services, and I was starting to despair of ever seeing the scarf I'd waited for for so long. Then magically, last night, the parcel popped up on tracking again-- and arrived at my doorstep this afternoon. Then I had another fright when I saw that the parcel was soaked on one corner. Thankfully the Hermes box had absorbed all of the water, and I'm just fine with having a puckered and bubbly shawl box in order to have my pristine Ecume.

The color is very hard to capture-- a beautiful seafoam shade with leaf green and pale lemon accents. The detail and shading is incredible, and although I would love to be twins with @Chestnutty one day on the CSGM version, I am so pleased with the way that the sheerness of the fabric has a watery quality that suits the scarf's theme. :heart:

View attachment 3604421 View attachment 3604423

Oh my goodness! What a cliffhanger. It was certainly worth the wait. Congratulations. You wear your mousselines do well.

Reactions: debar

What a lovely story, @calexandre! Congrats on you achieving your wonderful grail and I'm so happy its safe and intact. Love those fishies!

:nuts:

Happy day !:nuts: :drinks: Raising a cup of green tea to your gorgeous new Ecume!
You were right to wait for this one, what a wonderfully happy ending to a nail biting scarf story!

:yahoo:

I'm so pleased it turned up! The fishes must have been swimming up-stream to get to you, but they reached you at last. I'm so pleased, and you must be thrilled, this is going to look stunning on you.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl

Congrats on your find calexandre! It is truly a treasure, I have the light green cw.

Omg, this is exquisite Calexandre! Super congrats and your patience definitely worthy of payoff!

What a story!! I'm so glad it had a happy ending. Your ecume is breathtaking!! Absolutely stunning. I can see why you are in love with it. Perhaps we could encourage you to take some mod pics for us?

Reactions: lanit
Congrats to all who have found your grail scarves! :flowers: Though I must ask, what is your most successful way to find your grail? I wonder how I can find a grail and would appreciate any ideas!:flowers: TIA!! :flowers::flowers:

Congrats to all who have found your grail scarves! :flowers: Though I must ask, what is your most successful way to find your grail? I wonder how I can find a grail and would appreciate any ideas!:flowers: TIA!! :flowers::flowers:

These are just some of the things I've done but I give-up intermittently. After my last 'grail' (6 years of tracking one down) I just figure other scarves on my list will find me - sometime.

1. Let it be known (so long as it's not on the general HG list). I've had tPFers notify me if they seen 'x' on sale at Y; 1000 of eyes are better than one. Forget this if it's a grail for many, as resellers read tPF and spiral the prices.

2. Go to all the usual haunts online, e-bay, Vestaire etc. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Some of these sellers won't know titles, artists (even if they're written on the scarf) cws or very much at all so you have to wade through and can't rely on word-searches. I don't have a PayPal account which makes my hunt more difficult (but not impossible).

3 Google the title + Hermes and go to 'images'. Hopefully your scarf will be there, though it usually just takes yo back to tPF.

4. Be patient and be picky and wait until the heat's off. It'll be the day you're not looking that one falls from heaven straight into you lap. Don't buy an OK cw or similar design when it's not the one you really want as you'll still be after your original grail. Don't buy a grail in a 'bullish' market, fashions change.

5. Buy the reissue. I never thought I'd get a Paddock in a cw I liked (there was precisely one cw I liked from past issues) and then H issued so many gorgeous cws it was hard to choose.