Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your reasoning, and these are beautiful scarves.

Feel better soon -- a week with the flu is miserable. My own record was 4 days in bed, and that felt like a miserable eternity.

That's so striking!

Oh. I love this twilly idea. I never really twillies around my neck, because i just don't have a nice swan neck. Most of mine live permanently on my sun hats. But this might inspire me to give it a try.

Thanks AnnaE, 8 days flat out in bed with flu, not rememberimg much. Sign of recovery is getting my hands on an Astrologie Nouvelle 140 on the bay last night, in my beloved murky colours, cw07 Ardoise Aubergine, so am about to connect to he world again:smile:

Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2314.JPG
IMG_2316.JPG
IMG_2327.JPGIMG_2331.JPG

Last edited:
Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
View attachment 4336356View attachment 4336358

It’s just incredibly gorgeous and perfect for you!
I am so so happy for you!
(And maybe a teeny bit jelly! Just a little tho - it was meant to be yours! [emoji173]️)

View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
OMG! That is so gorgeous! Where's the fainting couch? Too late... :faint:

Love all the scarves this week!
@ElainePG, there's a week coming up in May for hiding or highlighting parts of a scarf. Should have ideas for orange reduction :biggrin:
Our next theme will be hosted by our first guest scarf mistress this year. Stand by, everyone, for a wonderful week ahead in our bright red scarf Ferrari! Zoooooom..... :heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: ElainePG
10 Feb 2019 -LOVE IS IN THE AIR- Red and/or Romantic scarves!

Red is a very special color.

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 269
Thank you ever so kindly! I think that I was mostly SO exhausted from an emotional long day... The scarf kept it all together for me...

Totally agree... Sichuan always makes me feel this way, too

Oh, I searched far and wide for this CW and treasure it so! Thank you!

These are all so amazing! I am awestruck by the Ecume... it is spectacular! When was it issued and who is the designer? Sigh...

Fantastic as a plissé!

Both gorgeous! And maybe someday I’ll be able to track down this CW of PdS.. Can’t believe I missed it when it was around... And I think all the scarves you’ve modeled lately look great with your new grey

So fabulous! Twins with you on the first two and wishing I’d gotten the third (pink tassels). Which one do you find you wear the most and has kept its allure the most for you?

You look so beautiful and so happy! I can’t make out the scarf... Which is it? Lovely

Aaah, thank you so much!

Can’t get over how amazing this is, especially worn with grey

Thank you so much! And not always does an older “nature” design still amaze me very time I wear it. I find myself gasping with delight every time I pull out my velvety Sichuan

You’re killing me! Gorgeous! Especially worn with that top
Thank you fifi! My most worn at the moment is a grey one with yellow tassels.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Wearing my orange Turandot today. I styled it with navy, in an attempt to make it a bit less orange, foofed it over to one side so that the center blue bit shows more, and applied redder lipstick. I think it's a win.

@bunnycat ... check out the earrings... I think they're a perfect match! :wave:

View attachment 4335777
Très chic, Elaine!

Woah these are stunning. I really like the red shirt combo — it really works
Thank you so much, Anna!

Thank you, Croisette. We did have one day of spring!
So jelly, here it's awful, time to escape again!

View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
Congrats on your beauty, Joanna, this is made for you! I've just the same drama from the US, am really nervous.

The plissé accentuates the three dimensional qualities of this design. Lovely!
Thank you, sweet Maedi!

Status
Not open for further replies.