Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Feb 2019 -LOVE IS IN THE AIR- Red and/or Romantic scarves!

Red is a very special color.

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.
Fabulous intro Anna :smile: with an equally fabulous selection of scarves :heart::heart:

Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
View attachment 4336356View attachment 4336358
O.M.G. !!!! This is so gorgeous! We all know how difficult it is to photograph moussies, but you have really captured the colors and the gleam and the cloudiness and the magic. Good job all around! Sorry for all the agita surrounding its travel. But you're right - this was destined to be yours!

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.
Great intro! Thanks. And you are the perfect person to host this week, as you wear red so splendidly. I love your circle of scarves in this picture!

Looking forward to your red scarves, AnnaE!

Status
Not open for further replies.