Random Chats and Pics

I make this recipe but I put 2 cups of sugar instead of 2 1/4. Also I don't like super strong cinnamon flavor so I cut that too to only 1 tsp. I want to try this with Splenda or something similar next time. Haven't decided what though. Any sweetener recommendation that works good for baking?
From the internet but I have heard Stevia is good for baking.

Stevia-based sweeteners are suitable for baking; however, they can't replace sugar cup for cup in recipes. It's best to leave at least 1/4 cup of sugar in the recipe to help with browning and provide texture.

From the internet but I have heard Stevia is good for baking.

Stevia-based sweeteners are suitable for baking; however, they can't replace sugar cup for cup in recipes. It's best to leave at least 1/4 cup of sugar in the recipe to help with browning and provide texture.
Thank you! I am shopping my groceries on app and they do have stevia and truvia but no Swerve. I am going to start by adding 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of Stevia. While I can get my kids to eat zucchini this way, there's no need to give them a sugar rush! Lol!

What cuties? I need to look it up. I haven't seen it.

So keep in mind this movie came out in 1983, these actors were much younger then (I still feel like a cradle robber and cougar because they looked so young in the movie). Tom Cruise. Matt Dillon. Patrick Swayce (RIP). Rob Lowe. Emilio Estevez. Ralph Macchio. C Thomas Howell.

Lol mine too! In just about 30 seconds my arms are tired. Back in the day at work there was a method that required shaking the test samples for 3 minutes! They were the longest three minutes ever! [emoji38] Whoever got that product assigned, always had to ask people to help if there were too many samples!
They seriously couldn't get a machine for that?

So a little Tuesday humor for you....

You all know how big my hair can get, just on a regular basis. I took this mod shot today, on my way to the salon (to show the [emoji175]charm in action, but it shows my hair, too).

7f28ddc40fe8c180d7380aeaba363895.jpg

After the my cut, I usually run home and wash my hair, because I’m all itchy and hair is everywhere. Today, the salon owner was visiting, so my hairdresser whispered she was going to put product in my hair (which we never do)....I think to show him that she’s mentioning the product line. I didn’t pay much attention, because most products don’t hold my hair in any style. Except for this one, which made my hair dry in the “wet look”, with a greaser haircut all plastered down. I drove home, and my whole family was like, “What the heck is wrong with your hair?!?” and burst out laughing. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b4ec42bead236621ae9a1a0f8de66487.jpg

I like how ruthless your family is—dang, don’t sugar-coat anything, right?

But they did you a solid. If family (and friends) can’t tell us the truth, then who can?

Sadly (with no evidence readily available), I was a victim of too much hair product in the 90s.

But props to you [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119] for taking one for the team, and helping out your hair dresser—though original hair in mod shot was like 100x better!!!

I also like how the Anya [emoji175] looks paired with the bandeau. Oh and cute peplum top[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7].

First, I would ask if you want to use them on only LV bags? I am quite "mix and match" with my brands, and like my combos to be a bit unexpected. So that's an Anya Hindmarch heart on my LV bag, and I'll put Hermes Rodeo horsies on LV or Chanel totes, too. ME is so versatile, and I think it would look great paired with any bright color (regardless of brand). I'd totally put an ME charm on the Kurt Geiger striped bags, if I had a bandeau that matched the color tone. For me to mix patterns and brands, it's more about complementary color story/tone, and then about the visual size and scale of the patterns being mixed. For instance, I like the scale of the ME with a big floral or softer-edged print bandeau or even a printed bag (because the ME is a "harder"-edged graphic because of the letter shapes). If the bag was a solid color, I'd be going for a scarf (or pretty ribbon works, too) that adds a pop of pattern....so say, on a red Bal, I'd tie some different red ribbons with stripes, in red/white or red/black or black/white polka, above the charm. Am I making any sense? Maybe a visual is better. Let me grab something to work with, and I'll lay out what I'm thinking. :smile: It's much the same as what I do with a brooch that I feel needs more visual impact or more visual grounding.

I thoroughly enjoyed this PhD course on accessorizing and decorating your bag. I’m looking forward to the visual aid portion of this course.

Here’s a pic of frayed edge ribbons (I have a super frayed satin one, but don’t know where it is!) used with a brooch, @GeorginaLavender. Sorry to be so late....I forgot. [emoji33] I just make the ribbons different lengths, and cut the angle on each end of the ribbon. Then I grab the ribbon end and just pull the fibers out to fray the end a little. Easy peasy! [emoji4]

435fd664ae10638360b4bd2303ccf6e2.jpg

dfb8244ba3f56cf741357f43c59e281c.jpg

I took a screenshot of this tutorial—will go to craft store for ribbons. It might take a few weeks to go to a craft store, lol, but I will report back with final craft project when finished. Big Thanks for taking the time and showing step by step!![emoji8][emoji8]

I like how ruthless your family is—dang, don’t sugar-coat anything, right?

But they did you a solid. If family (and friends) can’t tell us the truth, then who can?

Sadly (with no evidence readily available), I was a victim of too much hair product in the 90s.

But props to you [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119] for taking one for the team, and helping out your hair dresser—though original hair in mod shot was like 100x better!!!

I also like how the Anya [emoji175] looks paired with the bandeau. Oh and cute peplum top[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7].
Thanks, GL!:hbeat: I know you love a good peplum, too.

I'm about 1000% sure she had no idea this would be the end result! I think the salon owner just thought, "Oh, she has curly hair and is going to let it air dry." It looked the same after an hour! I didn't go anywhere public. DH was the one who suggested I show y'all. :lol: It's all fine now....but just....WOW. :yucky:

I thoroughly enjoyed this PhD course on accessorizing and decorating your bag. I’m looking forward to the visual aid portion of this course.
It's a free download. :lol::heart::graucho:

Reactions: Addicted to bags
So I randomly bought a luggage scale, and it came today. A few days ago, someone from the Dolce thread asked me to weigh my bag, and I told her I’d do it when I get my scale.

I did it 3x to confirm accuracy. I’m going to stick right here even though I don’t think anyone here has a Dolce or is interested.

I think tomorrow I’ll weigh some more bags for science, lol.

Good nite Chat Buddies.
2f556b7afafb252ddab2415a37efe0e3.jpg

It’s 1.5lbs empty, with the crossbody attached.