Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

I think this is pretty normal with soft leather. My Chanel (calfskin) looked like this in store. Don’t worry about it too much.
I carried my medium Lou Lou every day for months and it still looks brand new. I open it carefully by sliding my hand under the flap and pushing out (so the tip doesn’t wind up sticking up and the YSL doesn’t press in to the leather) but otherwise I use normally and open and close it several times a day. I don’t think you should have creasing so soon.

Hello ladies! I just got my beloved ysl loulou in medium black with ghw about a month ago. Ive only used the bag 4 times and Im beginning to see the top of the flap where the chain slots are is starting to crease from flipping the flap up when opening the bag. Is it normal to crease this quickly? I uploaded a picture to show where it is.

This is my first luxury bag and I was wondering if this is normal for the leather to crease so quickly with only using it 4 times. Im lowkey freaking out because Im uncertain how much more it will crease in the future since it is already showing signs in veryyyy minimal usage. Anyone can share their wear and tear experience on this bag?

I carried my medium Lou Lou every day for months and it still looks brand new. I open it carefully by sliding my hand under the flap and pushing out (so the tip doesn’t wind up sticking up and the YSL doesn’t press in to the leather) but otherwise I use normally and open and close it several times a day. I don’t think you should have creasing so soon.

I see some Lou Lou's in the resale market now and they almost all have creasing. The quilts are big so I think it is inevitable on this bag. I am debating between a small lou lou and the niki and keep going back and forth. I'd get the lou lou for sure but am iffy about how much creasing there will be in a year's time.

So I received my purse today and I am pretty disappointed. The purse I received seems to be defective. The right side of the purse is wider and the left side of the purse is very scrunched together. The side that is scrunched together makes it so when I try to retract the chain into the bag that it sits outside of the purse. I have attached photos to show the differences in the two sides. Am I being too picky? I feel for a purse that is almost $2000 that this should not be acceptable *especially* since it makes the chain retract improperly. Can Anyone who has a leather lou lou let me know if this is standard construction for the bag? Thanks!!

Attachments

• purse good side no flash.jpg
    purse good side no flash.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,713
  • purse bad side no flash.jpg
    purse bad side no flash.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,707
  • purse bad side with chain.jpg
    purse bad side with chain.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,721
So I received my purse today and I am pretty disappointed. The purse I received seems to be defective. The right side of the purse is wider and the left side of the purse is very scrunched together. The side that is scrunched together makes it so when I try to retract the chain into the bag that it sits outside of the purse. I have attached photos to show the differences in the two sides. Am I being too picky? I feel for a purse that is almost $2000 that this should not be acceptable *especially* since it makes the chain retract improperly. Can Anyone who has a leather lou lou let me know if this is standard construction for the bag? Thanks!!
I have the Medium Lou Lou and the chain retracts into the bag. It looks like yours might be the small which means the handles are closer to the edge. You may need to retract handles while it’s open but you’ll probably only do this when you store it. From the picture it looks like both sides of your bag are even. But I would exchange it if it’s not perfect. It’s so disappointing for the bag to come in that way. For that much money, I agree that it should be perfect. But the red is really beautiful! Can you post a front view?

To answer my own question I think the bag is fake. I just looked up a lot of velvet Loulou’s online and they all didn’t have the logo on the inside of the flap. Also i think the YSL logo on the bag is a bit messy (around the S and the L). Do you guys agree?

Although I do not know how to distinguish the real vs fake but for sure inside the flap, they don’t hv the logo on the inside... also the gold hw looks abit strange