Coachies: Post Your Non Coach Purchases Here!

Got this from Saks off Fifth online. It looks so pretty but I'm worried about the leather bending over time.
View attachment 4281937
Does anyone have experience with Frye bags? Do you think the leather can be treated the same as vintage Coach glove tanned (like you can wash then stuff and dry to reshape the bag)? It appears to be made from one piece so the inside is the raw leather but not dyed.

I have a number of Frye bags but have never seen the need to dunk one. I think the Frye leather is much more stiff than the vintage Coach leather and not nearly as thick. I wouldn't try it.

I'm curious why you're so worried about a brand new bag. The leather that forms the flap will take that shape, as it would on any flap bag. If you're worried about the fringes wrinkling, just hang it for a day before you want to carry it.

Overall I think that the Frye bags make up in style what they lack in leather quality, especially when compared to vintage Coach. I buy Frye when I want to channel my inner hippy. I buy Coach for who I am now.

Reactions: toujours*chic
Got this from Saks off Fifth online. It looks so pretty but I'm worried about the leather bending over time.
View attachment 4281937
Does anyone have experience with Frye bags? Do you think the leather can be treated the same as vintage Coach glove tanned (like you can wash then stuff and dry to reshape the bag)? It appears to be made from one piece so the inside is the raw leather but not dyed.
This bag is so freaking pretty! If I didn't just buy three new bags, I'd snatch one up. I'll have to keep an eye out more on Frye bags when I'm ready to get something new.

Reactions: LaVisioneer
Thanks! I have been coveting the Ilana saddle bag for months but I couldn't decide which one because I loved all the styles and colors!

It seems Frye bags aren't super popular so it seems like you'll have a good chance of getting one of the styles later on if you decide to splurge :P

This bag is so freaking pretty! If I didn't just buy three new bags, I'd snatch one up. I'll have to keep an eye out more on Frye bags when I'm ready to get something new.

Reactions: OhHelloDoll
Reactions: whateve
I have a number of Frye bags but have never seen the need to dunk one. I think the Frye leather is much more stiff than the vintage Coach leather and not nearly as thick. I wouldn't try it.

I'm curious why you're so worried about a brand new bag. The leather that forms the flap will take that shape, as it would on any flap bag. If you're worried about the fringes wrinkling, just hang it for a day before you want to carry it.

Overall I think that the Frye bags make up in style what they lack in leather quality, especially when compared to vintage Coach. I buy Frye when I want to channel my inner hippy. I buy Coach for who I am now.
I think you summed it up nicely. I have been using a crossbody Frye bag for a few months now- purchased at Nordie Anni sale a year ago. It has held up splendidly- I have not felt the need to wash it (I do not dunk any of my bags- I have never felt the need to take such drastic measures) and I do not baby it at all. The scuffs/scratches and patina add to the beauty of the bag. I would say the overall quality/styling is excellent and on par with Coach but as stated, the leather is not quite as refined as Coach. Frye fills my throwback '70's BoHo wardrobe dreams!

I think you summed it up nicely. I have been using a crossbody Frye bag for a few months now- purchased at Nordie Anni sale a year ago. It has held up splendidly- I have not felt the need to wash it (I do not dunk any of my bags- I have never felt the need to take such drastic measures) and I do not baby it at all. The scuffs/scratches and patina add to the beauty of the bag. I would say the overall quality/styling is excellent and on par with Coach but as stated, the leather is not quite as refined as Coach. Frye fills my throwback '70's BoHo wardrobe dreams!

I've never had experience with Frye bags but I love their boots. I have 7 pairs, some I've owned for years and they're still going strong. This is my newest pair, they're my Christmas gift from my husband but I couldn't wait that long to wear them so I took them on their maiden voyage today! I think they're called the Ray Moto bootie. He also got me a pair called Ray Western bootie in brown. They're similar to this but the buckle has a more Western look. Those ones are wrapped up under the tree.
c86d815988ddd212f7fb29862554abdd.jpg

I've looked at their bags and also love the '70s boho style but just have never tried one out.