Where to place bag when in restaurant?

I don’t think it is ever appropriate to place a handbag (or a phone) on a table. I prefer to go to places where they provide special handbag benches.
I have dined in a number of restaurants from fast food tot the finest dining all over the globe and never had the privilege of seeing a “handbag bench”. :nuts: What is this like? Is it something brought to the table?
Never put your bag on the table if you mind table manners. There's plenty of options.. You can carry a bag hook too.
If it’s just Mr. S and me or my BFF’s and me, they “get” my handbag love and don’t mind the bag on the table. It’s also usually there because I’m taking pics for tPF. Lol!

But, if I’m with business associates or general “others” I don’t put my bag on the table. That being said, the floor is never and option. And I’ve had people deliberately bump my bags when they are on the back of my chair. :-s

I have dined in a number of restaurants from fast food tot the finest dining all over the globe and never had the privilege of seeing a “handbag bench”. :nuts: What is this like? Is it something brought to the table?
I know, I sounded snobbish :smile:
Yes, they bring them to the table. But at fine restaurants only of course, no such thing at fast food where the question remains.
Something like this or better solid wood IMG_1398.gif
But I do firmly believe that putting a bag on the table is mauvais ton

Reactions: MooMooVT
Yes, they bring them to the table. But at fine restaurants only of course, no such thing at fast food where the question remains.
Something like this or better solid wood View attachment 4260410
You don’t sound snobbish. Different cities, cultures, etc do different things. It’s fun to learn about something new.

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa
I put it in a chair beside me or on my lap, sometimes I put it over my knee. I think I might one of those clippa things. That seems like a good alternative to having to put my handbag on my lap.

I have three clipas! They are so useful.
They hold a lot of (about 33lbs and the old one much more) and you can hang them quite anywhere.
They can also be used as a coathook in a bathroom stall etc.

Reactions: Lilybarb
I have three clipas! They are so useful.
They hold a lot of (about 33lbs and the old one much more) and you can hang them quite anywhere.
They can also be used as a coathook in a bathroom stall etc.
I luv my bag hook! Always place it where I can see it as I have friends who got their bags boosted off the back of their chairs. I had a leather jacket stolen that way as well - with me in the chair.
Got this clip on amazon. It doubles as bracelet. I just leave it on my bag.

Attachments

• 989EAD6B-5D10-4BFB-ADC5-1124607E539C.jpeg
    989EAD6B-5D10-4BFB-ADC5-1124607E539C.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: Sferics
I have a couple of Clipas as well. I try to keep them in my handbags so that when I grab for the bag, the Clipa is already there. And yes, I am one of those ridiculous people who matches the Clipa metal to the hardware on my bag. I need to get a few more. I keep giving them away as gifts or when someone compliments it, I hand it to them. They are very strong and hold my heavy bags securely. I have had inferior handbag clips that have immediately buckled under the weight of my bag. I highly recommend them. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to go on Amazon right now and see if I can get a few more!

Reactions: Sferics
I have a couple of Clipas as well. I try to keep them in my handbags so that when I grab for the bag, the Clipa is already there. And yes, I am one of those ridiculous people who matches the Clipa metal to the hardware on my bag. I need to get a few more. I keep giving them away as gifts or when someone compliments it, I hand it to them. They are very strong and hold my heavy bags securely. I have had inferior handbag clips that have immediately buckled under the weight of my bag. I highly recommend them. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to go on Amazon right now and see if I can get a few more!

That is so smart! Is wish I was so organised

Reactions: NanaEvie
If a chair is not available to put my purse on I usually have it uncomfortably in my lap - I try to take small or crossbody type purses when I dine out. NEVER on the floor - even in my own home - NEVER - and forget the restroom floor - sooo disgusting - makes me mad when the bathroom stall does not have a purse hook - even very cheap bags never go on the floor
AMEN!
Something like this or better solid wood View attachment 4260410
Mind. Blown. :facepalm:

Normally in a proper restaurant they will have a little table for your handbag. Otherwise I would put it under the table or on a hook for bags but never on the table. Even in the pub. That's a no go. Depending on how 'full' the table is sometimes on an available seat but I always find it a bit inappropriate to put stuff on an available seat. E.g. if someone ask if the chair is available, I will give it away :smile: You can always leave the bag in the cloakroom

Hangbag on table basically is no second date :angel:

Last edited: