Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

That is awesome: congratulations on a fabulous find!

It's a shame I can't get pictures to upload as I would like to share the finished pic of her and a couple of other rehabs I am working on. Does it happen to anyone else that you get the message that pictures won't upload because the file size is too big? I haven't changed any settings or anything.

It's a shame I can't get pictures to upload as I would like to share the finished pic of her and a couple of other rehabs I am working on. Does it happen to anyone else that you get the message that pictures won't upload because the file size is too big? I haven't changed any settings or anything.
I just tried uploading and got the same message. I cropped to make it smaller but still no dice. So I just linked the product code. [emoji3525]

Reactions: Belicious
I get the same thing, or if they do load, it's just says .jpeg and the picture doesn't show up in the post anymore.

Would anyone here consider 46.00 USD for a dirty, blue Fletcher a good deal?
There is a fair condition one in a consignment shop near me - I'm in Canada and don't come across true vintage coach often. The leather on this is in good shape, no piping issues. However, it is really dirty and the strap ends are curling up. The magnetic snap has also left an impression on the front flap.
I love the size, and the colour is unusual - more like a grey navy. Not dark navy.
I would grab it in a ❤ beat if it were 1/2 tbe price. Am I being unreasonable? Would I be crazy not to grab it?

There is a fair condition one in a consignment shop near me - I'm in Canada and don't come across true vintage coach often. The leather on this is in good shape, no piping issues. However, it is really dirty and the strap ends are curling up. The magnetic snap has also left an impression on the front flap.
I love the size, and the colour is unusual - more like a grey navy. Not dark navy.
I would grab it in a ❤ beat if it were 1/2 tbe price. Am I being unreasonable? Would I be crazy not to grab it?
I wouldn't call it a good deal, but it's not an unreasonable price if you love the bag and can handle cleaning it. Maybe you could ask them if the price is negotiable, given the condition.

It would be a very good idea to have it authenticated before buying it.

I consider that to be kind of high priced for the style and condition. You can fix the strap ends curling up. The magnetic snap impression probably won't go away. You might not be able to get rid of all the dirt.

Reactions: Catbird9
Hi, all! I had this bag authenticated a while back but don’t know much about it. Is this a remake of a vintage bag or truly vintage?

Hi, can I request an authentication pretty please? This is in my possession... Measures 8.5” tall, 5.5” wide and 4-ish” deep, strap drop 16.5”. Does the hangtag look original? It seems to be a different color and is one sided (raw leather on back).
View attachment 4107516
View attachment 4107517
View attachment 4107518
View attachment 4107519
View attachment 4107520
View attachment 4107521
View attachment 4107522

The hangtag might not be original to that bag but the bag is definitely genuine. Sorry I can't help with the style name. Whateve is on the road but if she checks in maybe she can take a look. Or maybe you can ask over in the Vintage Chat thread at the Coach Clubhouse.

Hi, all! I had this bag authenticated a while back but don’t know much about it. Is this a remake of a vintage bag or truly vintage?
It is truly vintage. Since there is a creed but no number, it was probably made in the mid to late 70s. There are earlier versions and later versions of this style. It was called a swing bag.

It is truly vintage. Since there is a creed but no number, it was probably made in the mid to late 70s. There are earlier versions and later versions of this style. It was called a swing bag.

Thanks, whateve; I thought so but wanted a second opinion! This is one I’m debating whether or not to keep. I only paid $39 for it and considering the selling prices for similar ones, I’ll never find another one for such a bargain. However, it’s one of those bags I’d never use; it’s just for display.

Thanks, whateve; I thought so but wanted a second opinion! This is one I’m debating whether or not to keep. I only paid $39 for it and considering the selling prices for similar ones, I’ll never find another one for such a bargain. However, it’s one of those bags I’d never use; it’s just for display.
Do you actually have a display case? I have the same dilemma with my swing bags. I am going to let them go. I just tried using it. Everything I carry can fit but I can't carry the bag. I rarely ever wear shoulder bag and the straps are too short to be worn crossbody. I am not a fan of hand carrying the bag by the straps. I can use a 1941 dinky crossbody strap or a Rogue 17 but then I have to tuck the original long straps inside the bag and my items will be sitting on the straps.

I got that initially on my tablet way back when. I installed the tPF app on the advice of another poster and that helped. But I didn’t like using the app. But never had a problem with my tablet more or less since I uploaded the app . I get the message on occasion . If I really want to upload, I just try my phone or iPad.

Last edited: