Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I consider that to be kind of high priced for the style and condition. You can fix the strap ends curling up. The magnetic snap impression probably won't go away. You might not be able to get rid of all the dirt.
Thanks, whateve. I'm getting pickier about the bags I feel comfortable carying. It would probably bug me if the dirt didn't clean up. I'll think about it some more. If the seller will let it go for a cheapo price, I won't feel bad about experimenting. But for what she's charging, I would expect at very least a clean bag. It's a consignment store price for a bag in Value Village condition.

Newest addition, I just got done giving it a bath, and I now understand why everyone hates a white bag, but I've never seen a white pony express and I couldn't help myself.
Oooooh, care to share any details about how you came upon this Pony?? Lol I love a Pony story!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am off to start prepping what I am bringing to a family gathering later :flowers:

Hi all, I recently found a Mini Chester Canteen (?) bag at a thrift store for $10 and couldn't pass it up.... However, the month and year code on the serial number is reversed - 5JM-9982
I wasn't sure if it was a fake purse or potentially just a manufacturer error? What do you think?

sZkSZ96
NTnaEQt

Last edited:
Hi all, I recently found a Chester Canteen bag at a thrift store for $10 and couldn't pass it up.... However, the month and year code on the serial number is reversed - 5JM-9982
I wasn't sure if it was a fake purse or potentially just a manufacturer error? What do you think?

sZkSZ96
NTnaEQt

Questions like this should be asked on the authenticator thread, not here. However, I'm an authenticator so I'll answer here. It is a known factory mistake. It is probably authentic, assuming the other details of the bag are correct.

Reactions: dgphoto and katev
Questions like this should be asked on the authenticator thread, not here. However, I'm an authenticator so I'll answer here. It is a known factory mistake. It is probably authentic, assuming the other details of the bag are correct.

Sorry - thanks for the reply though! I have seen a few other bags with the exact same error so I was hoping it was just a factory mistake

Hi all, I recently found a Mini Chester Canteen (?) bag at a thrift store for $10 and couldn't pass it up.... However, the month and year code on the serial number is reversed - 5JM-9982

sZkSZ96
NTnaEQt

There is a target on the tag indicating an outlet sale/boutique transfer .