Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Hello,
I picked this little station bag up at the local Goodwill. I;m fairly certain it is authentic. However, I've rarely seen a two toned one and especially in this odd combination--putty and tan? anyway, I think it is unusual and wonder if it is more valuable then a single color? Anybody have any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5479.JPG
    IMG_5479.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5480.JPG
    IMG_5480.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 262
Lovely Station Bag! I really like the two-tone look also but it occurs to me that maybe the Coach factory used 2 different lots of leather for the bag and the trim and that they have just aged differently.

The reason I say that is because I recently posted pics of my Soho Laced Flap Bag and the stock pictures of the bag from 2008 show it all one color - and the description calls the color "Buckskin" with no mention of colorblock or two-tone leathers - but the strap and the hangtag are now definitely a lighter color than the rest of the bag as you can see in the photo below. My guess is that they are different leathers and they've aged differently. I don't think it makes it more valuable, but I like the two-tone appearance!

SohoLacedBuckskinAfter_007.jpg

Hello,
I picked this little station bag up at the local Goodwill. I;m fairly certain it is authentic. However, I've rarely seen a two toned one and especially in this odd combination--putty and tan? anyway, I think it is unusual and wonder if it is more valuable then a single color? Anybody have any thoughts?
I had a similar two-toned look on a courier bag. I think the body and the trim were made of two different types of leather which aged differently. However, after I dunked and conditioned it the color differences reversed, the trim darkened more.

Lovely Station Bag! I really like the two-tone look also but it occurs to me that maybe the Coach factory used 2 different lots of leather for the bag and the trim and that they have just aged differently.

The reason I say that is because I recently posted pics of my Soho Laced Flap Bag and the stock pictures of the bag from 2008 show it all one color - and the description calls the color "Buckskin" with no mention of colorblock or two-tone leathers - but the strap and the hangtag are now definitely a lighter color than the rest of the bag as you can see in the photo below. My guess is that they are different leathers and they've aged differently. I don't think it makes it more valuable, but I like the two-tone appearance!

View attachment 4262375
Lovely bag you've got there...and, wow interesting theory. The body of station bag is definitely a thicker leather then the trim so I'll agree that maybe they used two different leathers. Also, I've never ever been able to find this color combination in the wild:smile:. At first I questioned the authenticity but I;m fairly certain it is authentic.

Reactions: whateve and katev
EF97A322-DADB-47E9-B713-8783B2DD8555.jpeg
Lovely bag you've got there...and, wow interesting theory. The body of station bag is definitely a thicker leather then the trim so I'll agree that maybe they used two different leathers. Also, I've never ever been able to find this color combination in the wild:smile:. At first I questioned the authenticity but I;m fairly certain it is authentic.
This is one of my bags, the leathers and the trims all aged differently. I don’t think it was meant to be two- or three-tone.

Hello,
this isn't the authentication thread, but I can tell you it is authentic. The two tone was unintentional and happened when different leathers were dyed at different times or took the dye differently. I personally love when this happens. It is liable to change a bit if you rehab it.

Hello,
I agree with the general consensus that the two-tone look was unintentional and resulted from different types of leather aging differently. My NYC Classic Shoulder Bag is like that. Only the edge piece that goes around the back side and the flap is a different color. The edges on the part under the flap and on the strap match the rest of the bag. Personally I love the look and it feel adds a unique character to the bag.

Attachments

• 9170 Classic Shoulder Bag.jpg
    9170 Classic Shoulder Bag.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 244
I agree with the general consensus that the two-tone look was unintentional and resulted from different types of leather aging differently. My NYC Classic Shoulder Bag is like that. Only the edge piece that goes around the back side and the flap is a different color. The edges on the part under the flap and on the strap match the rest of the bag. Personally I love the look and it feel adds a unique character to the bag.
I love this bag!

Reactions: Catbird9
I got this Post Pouch today and it's a color I've never seen. I'm wondering if it could be Stone. The serial number is in the xxxx-xxx format which should put it around the 1992-93 era. I have a catalog picture from 1992 showing the Post Pouch in Stone. Other possibilities are Camel or Butterscotch. Does anyone want to venture a guess?

Attachments

• IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 200
  • 9906 Post, 9908 Devon, 9907 Logan 1992 (Stone, Mahogany, Forest Green).jpg
    9906 Post, 9908 Devon, 9907 Logan 1992 (Stone, Mahogany, Forest Green).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 203
I got this Post Pouch today and it's a color I've never seen. I'm wondering if it could be Stone. The serial number is in the xxxx-xxx format which should put it around the 1992-93 era. I have a catalog picture from 1992 showing the Post Pouch in Stone. Other possibilities are Camel or Butterscotch. Does anyone want to venture a guess?
I don't think it is stone. I think stone is grayish off-white. My guess would be butterscotch.

Okay, here's what I have for Butterscotch (the Shelton, 1993)
View attachment 4265948

and here's a color palette from 1994 that includes Stone and Butterscotch:
View attachment 4265958

I'm still not sure!
It doesn't look the butterscotch of the Shelton picture but it looks a lot like the butterscotch swatch. I think camel is yellow brown without any red in it.

I have no knowledge, just wanted to unhelpfully chime in that you have a gorgeous new bag!!