Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I used the $20 e-bay coupon to buy this red Murphy. I want to give it a bath and conditioning but this will be my first try. I have been reading the rehab thread but am worried about the red color. Should I be alright with this Costa Rica bag? It seems in pretty good shape but just a tad grungy inside.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I used the $20 e-bay coupon to buy this red Murphy. I want to give it a bath and conditioning but this will be my first try. I have been reading the rehab thread but am worried about the red color. Should I be alright with this Costa Rica bag? It seems in pretty good shape but just a tad grungy inside.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
You should be fine with washing it. Don't worry if the water turns red.

5A2A3ED0-7E23-43C8-A809-93AFA6A00FA8.jpeg

Question for those who own vintage catalogs - When was Coach making bags in Flannel Grey and did slim satchels come in that color?

I have a bag that looks not quite black, especially next to a true black bag. I am wondering if it’s a color variation or it is indeed a dark grey/ asphalt color. The inside does not look darker, so it’s not fading. I tried to capture the color difference, but I suck at that. TIA.

View attachment 4273064

Question for those who own vintage catalogs - When was Coach making bags in Flannel Grey and did slim satchels come in that color?

I have a bag that looks not quite black, especially next to a true black bag. I am wondering if it’s a color variation or it is indeed a dark grey/ asphalt color. The inside does not look darker, so it’s not fading. I tried to capture the color difference, but I suck at that. TIA.
That doesn't look flannel grey. It is definitely obvious against a black. Have you washed it? Anything with a NYC creed might come in flannel grey.

View attachment 4273064

Could it be navy? There’s not much difference between black and navy. I have several flannel grey, and they look a lot different from black.

Reactions: whateve
Catbird9 - do you know if there's another forum I should post to for that inquiry? I looked at the first post on this one but didn't find any rules. Thank you!
From "Terms of Service and Rules" (link at bottom of every page)
https://forum.purseblog.com/help/terms

"Buying/Selling on TPF

• Public selling/buying/trading is not permitted on PurseForum. Want-To-Buy or Want-To-Sell posts will be deleted.
  • Soliciting your items for sale or desire to buy via direct messages to other members is prohibited.
  • Shilling your own auctions is not permitted in posts, signatures or otherwise. However, you may list your auctions in the new List Your Auctions sub.
  • Offering to obtain goods for others or requesting for others to buy goods for you is not permitted.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19