Any oddball collections?

I collect books from the Victorian or Edwardian era telling women how to behave and even better if it gives crappy information on reproductive matters. :biggrin:
Heh that reminds me.. I love looking at old ads online. Like "how to gain weight" (post depression era), ads for smoking, and women in the kitchen. Sooo different than ads now xD

Thank you! :smile:
I still have Beatles’ autographs I haven’t shown.

Couldn’t find this thread until I did a search:biggrin:

Ok. Here’s my Beatles autograph wall :biggrin: They are all genuine. Paid a pretty penny but worth it to me. All are authenticated, except of course the autographs where I met Paul and Ringo at signings in NYC. The only autograph not shown is a George Harrison hand-signed lithograph of “Piggies”. It’s hanging in my dining room in the next picture. :lol:

E10D962B-5788-4A42-9A25-78A6ED29BF02.jpeg

B4A3E5CB-BA75-47B5-BC7C-D3C693F568EB.jpeg

The jacket shown in the first picture is a jacket Paul wore during one of his US tours 17 years ago.
I won it from Bette Midler’s “Halluween” auction held at the Waldorf Astoria for the New York Restoration Project about 15 years ago ago.:smile:

I have 2 John, 7 Paul, 5 George and 8 Ringo autographs. I also have an autograph from Yoko Ono after wring to her, along with Beatles music Producer Sir George Martin after writing to him.

Last edited:
Wow, this Beatles collection is incredible! It must be like stepping into a time machine! I collect vintage kimonos, obi and haori (kimono overcoats). I am a bit disturbed when I see obi sold on eBay as a "table runner". The poor thing would really run from that table if it could... I have recently stopped as I literally have no where left to store them properly. My most beautiful kimono is a light cream coloured silk one with hand drawn tea house design made with ink. It is extremely difficult to draw with ink on a slippery material like silk. It is extremely rare and the technique is not used anymore as the thing would be too expensive. I got it for less than 100$ from Kyoto. I met a lovely lady with a vintage kimono store there that soursed incredible things for me.