Any oddball collections?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I collect Starbucks mugs!

Johnpauliegal and Nyc_chihuahua like this.
  2. I collect books from the Victorian or Edwardian era telling women how to behave and even better if it gives crappy information on reproductive matters. :biggrin:

3. Sweet. I am a fan of mugs... I have 4 from Sbux (including Ohio & AZ from the "You Are Here" collection), but I'm not a collector per se bc I like to use my mugs - and already have too many!
    I also have 2 Beatles mugs from Half Price Books :smile:

Johnpauliegal likes this.
  4. Heh that reminds me.. I love looking at old ads online. Like "how to gain weight" (post depression era), ads for smoking, and women in the kitchen. Sooo different than ads now xD

5. I collect vintage Nancy Drew books, and my family collects fridge magnets. Apparently the fridge magnet thing is weird?

jailnurse93 and alwaysboots like this.
  6. Oh there are so many insanely misogynistic ads from the 50s-70s it’s nuts.

7. same!

8. Pullip dolls!

9. Rubber duckies - not an uncommon one. But there are AMAZING rubber ducks out there. My favorite is my Devo Duck, I think.

And hotel key cards, because they remind me of each trip.

Nyc_chihuahua likes this.
  10. I collect compact mirrors—especially from broadway shows :smile:

alwaysboots and Johnpauliegal like this.
  11. Bella hadid collects rubber ducks too :P

12. Starbucks mugs are great because if you buy the city ones they are different everywhere!

loves and bellebellebelle19 like this.
  13. #58 Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Couldn’t find this thread until I did a search:biggrin:

Ok. Here’s my Beatles autograph wall :biggrin: They are all genuine. Paid a pretty penny but worth it to me. All are authenticated, except of course the autographs where I met Paul and Ringo at signings in NYC. The only autograph not shown is a George Harrison hand-signed lithograph of “Piggies”. It’s hanging in my dining room in the next picture. :lol:

E10D962B-5788-4A42-9A25-78A6ED29BF02.jpeg

B4A3E5CB-BA75-47B5-BC7C-D3C693F568EB.jpeg

The jacket shown in the first picture is a jacket Paul wore during one of his US tours 17 years ago.
    I won it from Bette Midler’s “Halluween” auction held at the Waldorf Astoria for the New York Restoration Project about 15 years ago ago.:smile:

I have 2 John, 7 Paul, 5 George and 8 Ringo autographs. I also have an autograph from Yoko Ono after wring to her, along with Beatles music Producer Sir George Martin after writing to him.

Hobbsy and bellebellebelle19 like this.
  14. Wow, this Beatles collection is incredible! It must be like stepping into a time machine! I collect vintage kimonos, obi and haori (kimono overcoats). I am a bit disturbed when I see obi sold on eBay as a "table runner". The poor thing would really run from that table if it could... I have recently stopped as I literally have no where left to store them properly. My most beautiful kimono is a light cream coloured silk one with hand drawn tea house design made with ink. It is extremely difficult to draw with ink on a slippery material like silk. It is extremely rare and the technique is not used anymore as the thing would be too expensive. I got it for less than 100$ from Kyoto. I met a lovely lady with a vintage kimono store there that soursed incredible things for me.

xincinsin and bellebellebelle19 like this.
  15. Is it!? I love picking up a fridge magnet from wherever I travel. Started it a few years ago, and it’s a collection of memories :smile:

Attached Files: