Posting Photos

I am intermittently having the same issue. Sometimes when I try to upload pictures from my photo library, they post only as a non-visible attachment which is locked with the message ‘You don’t have permission to view this’ it happens intermittently on my iPhone and iPad in the app, and also if I view the website on the iPad instead. I’m not doing anything differently to when pictures post successfully and are immediately displayed. Images have been posting successfully before and after iOS upgrades, and I haven’t changed any settings. Is this a bug; is there a way round it? Thanks!

I’ll try posting a picture here and see if it works. (If it does, I don’t think it means the problem is solved, because it’s been intermittent anyway).

IMG_6320.jpg

I believe this is an issue with the app, I will have a look.

@Vlad, could you kindly take a look at the issue I mentioned in my two posts above? The permissions issue. I’ve looked at the size of the files and it seems unrelated and random. Is it just me who can’t see these images if I post them - are they visible to others anyway? I’ve noticed that although I’m (intermittently) getting no image when I post in a thread and the no permission message, the image is nevertheless displayed on the previews in the ‘Browse Subscribe Participated Unread’ menu. It’s happened in more than one thread. Thanks!

@Vlad, could you kindly take a look at the issue I mentioned in my two posts above? The permissions issue. I’ve looked at the size of the files and it seems unrelated and random. Is it just me who can’t see these images if I post them - are they visible to others anyway? I’ve noticed that although I’m (intermittently) getting no image when I post in a thread and the no permission message, the image is nevertheless displayed on the previews in the ‘Browse Subscribe Participated Unread’ menu. It’s happened in more than one thread. Thanks!

Hello, are there any answers on this photo posting question? I’m still getting the problem intermittently and I can’t detect any differences in what I’m doing when it works and when it doesn’t. Thanks!

I am intermittently having the same issue. Sometimes when I try to upload pictures from my photo library, they post only as a non-visible attachment which is locked with the message ‘You don’t have permission to view this’

View attachment 4236571
This happens to me also on mobile when I go to edit a post that I already put up. Like if I want to add pics. Curious as to why?

Did the size limit change? I'm on my laptop and I'm having trouble uploading photos similar in size to what I had successfully posted before. It says 'the uploaded file is too large for the server to process'. Sometimes I can get it to upload after refreshing or closing the tab and re-opening the link in a new one.

Reactions: dotty8
Did the size limit change? I'm on my laptop and I'm having trouble uploading photos similar in size to what I had successfully posted before. It says 'the uploaded file is too large for the server to process'. Sometimes I can get it to upload after refreshing or closing the tab and re-opening the link in a new one.
+1! it doesn't seem to matter how small I resize, same error message.

Reactions: dotty8