Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more by Aline Honoré: Cent Plis des Miao and Les Jardins d’Andalousie. The others are by Françoise de la Perrière: Two CWs of Early America... Les Chemins de L’Ille de France... Jeux de Paille... 2 CWs of Ludovicus Magnus... La France... Cuirs du Désert View attachment 4225027 View attachment 4225025 View attachment 4225013 View attachment 4225011 View attachment 4225010 View attachment 4225004 View attachment 4225000 View attachment 4224999 View attachment 4224998 View attachment 4224997
just FABUUULOUS!!! :faint:

I love the Le Grand Prix du Faubourg CWs! I’ve gazed on all of them @H.com for at least an hour.

As an architectural historian, they remind me of 19th c. American “bird’s eye” maps with intricate drawings of tiny structures in a city b4 satellites. And the humorous turns delight!

Jumping on the Zoe Powels train with H Comme Hermes today:

View attachment 4224826

And yesterday's Mythique Phoenix (love the fuchsia contrast hem on this)

View attachment 4224827
Such pretty scarves! Love that MP :loveeyes:

Aline Honoré: My five CWs of Parures de Samouraïs followed by: Au Cœur de la Vie... Two CWs of Tous Les Bateaux du Monde... La Femme aux Semelles de Vent... Sieste aux ParadisView attachment 4224868 View attachment 4224871 View attachment 4224870 View attachment 4224882 View attachment 4224869 View attachment 4224845 View attachment 4224855 View attachment 4224848 View attachment 4224841 View attachment 4224840
Five Samourai :faint: (who has the fainting couch this week? :giggle:)

Cooler weather here means my SOTD is a silk and cashmere combo. Anyone else with a Twillaine shawl? Carre cube silk center, with 100% cashmere corners. Any ideas to maximize its potential? :flowers: (And please excuse all the lint, agh!)
View attachment 4224959 View attachment 4224960
So unusual! I was drooling recently over some pics of a 140 converted into a toga. This reminds me of it.
The design also reminds me of a maths puzzle: if you had a square swimming pool with a tree at each corner, how do you double the size of the pool without chopping down the trees?

Such pretty scarves! Love that MP :loveeyes:

Five Samourai :faint: (who has the fainting couch this week? :giggle:)

So unusual! I was drooling recently over some pics of a 140 converted into a toga. This reminds me of it.
The design also reminds me of a maths puzzle: if you had a square swimming pool with a tree at each corner, how do you double the size of the pool without chopping down the trees?

Thank you xincinsin! (And...what was the solution?! I can think of a couple....depending on how creative you need to be...but was there an actual number solution they wanted?) :P

Thank you xincinsin! (And...what was the solution?! I can think of a couple....depending on how creative you need to be...but was there an actual number solution they wanted?) :P
The solution is in kadmia's shawl design: you redraw the square pool by adding triangles to each side, so that the trees end up at the centre of each side instead of at the corners. The four triangles equal the size of the original pool, so pool size is doubled! My quiz team won the box of chocs when we solved this puzzle plus another puzzle about kitty cats :catlick: (If you had four cats, and each cat sat facing three cats, how many cats are there?)
And back to our regular programming :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.