Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the email rolling out the new Nordstrom Rewards program, The Nordy Club. New levels: Member (0 - $499 spend), Insider ($500+ spend), Influencer ($2,000+ spend) and Ambassador ($5,000+ spend). All card members automatically get Insider status. Then there is "Icon" status, an invitation only credit card.
Thanks for this! I'm assuming that your level will reset with each calendar year?

Thanks for this! I'm assuming that your level will reset with each calendar year?

That would make sense to me though if you have the Icon credit card, I'd assume you get to keep your Icon status no matter how much or little you spend annually.
ETA: It's going to be interesting to see who gets the Icon credit card invites. Maybe all old level 4's? Maybe select level 3's? Or some other criteria?

Just got the email rolling out the new Nordstrom Rewards program, The Nordy Club. New levels: Member (0 - $499 spend), Insider ($500+ spend), Influencer ($2,000+ spend) and Ambassador ($5,000+ spend). All card members automatically get Insider status. Then there is "Icon" status, an invitation only credit card.

Did you get this same email? this might be a blast to current cardholders, I wonder if level 4 got a different email? I'm not level 4.

The key differences I can see offhand,
- 3 points per $ spend (today we get 2 pts per dollar)
- no more triple point days, just double point days - works out to same as today (6 pts)
- Early access to clear the rack. I think this benefit might sound better than it actually is, because resellers buy up all the good stuff in CTR and I'm sure those are already Icon status. Rack isn't as good as it used to be, now that the full line stores don't stock.

Attachments

• Nordy.JPG
    Nordy.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 491
  • Nordy2.JPG
    Nordy2.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 494
Did you get this same email? this might be a blast to current cardholders, I wonder if level 4 got a different email? I'm not level 4.

- no more triple point days, just double point days - works out to same as today (6 pts)
- Early access to clear the rack. I think this benefit might sound better than it actually is, because resellers buy up all the good stuff in CTR and I'm sure those are already Icon status. Rack isn't as good as it used to be, now that the full line stores don't stock.
My email was slightly different. I’m currently level 4, and there was an “Icon” button you click. It takes you to an all black page (oooo, fancy! Hahaha!) where it lists the Icon level benefits.

I’m a Level 3 cardholder and did not get an email yet however this info is all on their website. I just hit Level 3 this year so I’ll be super annoyed if they drop all non-Level 4 cars holders to that second tier. TBD though I guess.

I’ve been so frustrated with them in the past couple months I probably won’t maintain it anyway!

It will be 3 points for credit card holders, still 2 points for debit card. I have the debit card and I'm sticking with. I don't think they are issuing them anymore.

I like having the debit card too but this bums me out. I don’t blame Nordstrom as they sold their card business to a credit card company and of course they want to encourage people to have the credit card to make money but still...for Nordstrom it means less loyalty from me and more of a reason for me to shop elsewhere for best price/****** cash back, etc.

also the ability to shop CTR early will mean nothing - in one of the articles someone posted Nordstrom said they had ~10M loyalty members. I’m not saying they’re all cardholders but many likely are, the resellers will definitely open up cards if they don’t have one, and the BS of CTR being less and less fun will continue.

Le sigh. I think I need my coffee lol.

I must be way off because I thought the debit card was ONE point per dollar- even when used at Nordstrom. So I've been getting 2 points all along (6 pts for triple points days) for that?

I would like to confirm the Nordy club changes to points for the debit, AND where it says Icon status is $15K. I can't find either of those. It looks like they have a level 4-type status as $5K, which is more than level 4 today.

I must be way off because I thought the debit card was ONE point per dollar- even when used at Nordstrom. So I've been getting 2 points all along (6 pts for triple points days) for that?

I would like to confirm the Nordy club changes to points for the debit, AND where it says Icon status is $15K. I can't find either of those. It looks like they have a level 4-type status as $5K, which is more than level 4 today.
In the chart below, it says "$1=2 points (debit)**" It's on their website.

nordy2-jpg.4204445

Status
Not open for further replies.