Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed several items on the Nordstrom web site that I've had my eye on for a while are now deeply discounted compared to their prices during their sale. And one item I bought during the sale is now 40 percent cheaper. So....what was that sale about?
I think what happens, is the leftovers get deeper discounts after the NAS and finally go to rack if any are left. The problem is, for some people, every NAS item they buy is leftover, so they feel duped by the hype of the sale.

For me, almost nothing was more deeply discounted anywhere. I bought spanx leggings, ecco shoes, Longchamp handbags and Zella, most of which sold out in the sale. My pink Longchamp bag went down another 10% and I rebought that.

The Nordstrom brands (1901, Caslon, Chelsea28 etc)- seem like the things that go down further.
As long as Nordstrom allows liberal returns, further discounting doesn't really bother me- but if that ever changes, different story.

I had to return my PMD. We were busy with travel so I didn't get a chance to use it immediately. I opened it last week and it was missing the filter and instructional manual. There was a card with directions and I was told that really is the manual. No biggie, but it didn't have the extra filter it was supposed to come with. [emoji3525]

Does anyone else sell it? I went to PMD website and their sale price was $199!

Ugg I just noticed that the tunics that I bought after the sale when they got marked back down went on sale again more then 50% marked down. Chat wouldn’t give me a price adjustment because it’s beyond 14 days from purchased. However I didn’t receive them until nearly a week after the purchase and have only had them for 10 days. Guess I’ll be returning them, it’s over $40 price difference. This is beyond exhausting but I guess I’ll make another trip for returns.

Reactions: kellycsey5
Ugg I just noticed that the tunics that I bought after the sale when they got marked back down went on sale again more then 50% marked down. Chat wouldn’t give me a price adjustment because it’s beyond 14 days from purchased. However I didn’t receive them until nearly a week after the purchase and have only had them for 10 days. Guess I’ll be returning them, it’s over $40 price difference. This is beyond exhausting but I guess I’ll make another trip for returns.

This happened to me with some Paul Green Shoes. Customers Service will not price adjust even though I haven’t received the shoes.
I ended up with six pairs! Two at full price, two at a fuller reduced price, and finally, two at 40% off. Retuning 4 pairs. It is exhausting!

Need opinions, please!
This is the cashmere drop waist dress. Thoughts on the dress? The dress with the boots?
View attachment 4193067View attachment 4193068View attachment 4193069
This dress looks AWESOME On you!! I bought it also, but nothing looks as good when you get older :oh:

But for me, the real appeal of this dress is the comfort. This is the most comfortable dress I own. I love the drop waist styles, they look polished without anything at your waist.
I definitely think the dress looks better with boots of some sort, like you are wearing.

This dress looks AWESOME On you!! I bought it also, but nothing looks as good when you get older :oh:

But for me, the real appeal of this dress is the comfort. This is the most comfortable dress I own. I love the drop waist styles, they look polished without anything at your waist.
I definitely think the dress looks better with boots of some sort, like you are wearing.

Thank you! I have some plain black combat boots that I can wear with this dress. I agree about the comfort. Extremely comfortable with no binding waistband.

This happened to me with some Paul Green Shoes. Customers Service will not price adjust even though I haven’t received the shoes.
I ended up with six pairs! Two at full price, two at a fuller reduced price, and finally, two at 40% off. Retuning 4 pairs. It is exhausting!

Super cr@ppy customer service. And a complete waste of time all around both for them paying people to Triple ship a order and then the employee to return all the items you had too repeatedly purchase. More importantly a waste of the customers time, finding something that they want having to watch the price and make repeat orders to take advantage of the new price and the time and energy to return. I shot them a email and filled out a customer service survey I received after my chat session.

Reactions: p3b
Most of the Tory Burch items from the sale are 50-60% off now. I finally got the burgundy marsden loafers. I also ordered another pair of the Vince flats for 60% off. Hopefully the Vince clothes to go to 50-60% off online before being shipped to the rack.

I think there may have been another markdown just now.
Hard to say, it seems like they mark down to 60% when there is only one size left, and of course, it is never my size.
Nothing I want has been marked down further, but there are great prices on Superga if anyone needs those.

The Halogen cashmere (and cashmere in general) seems to have gone back to regular price.

edit- Why is Ellen Degeneres a fashion brand?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.