Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah! This dress has gone down another $76. I give up on trying to price adjust, unless I bring it to my local Nordys- where they will price adjust.
Will they price adjust if the size is unavailable? They only have L and XL. Earlier they only had XL.
I wish they had this dress in another color, at this price I would buy 2.

And I LOVE this new Autumn Cashmere sweater they just put out, but at regular price AC is too expensive for me. I'm going to stalk this though.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/autumn...rt&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=spectrum

Will they price adjust if the size is unavailable? They only have L and XL. Earlier they only had XL.
I wish they had this dress in another color, at this price I would buy 2.

And I LOVE this new Autumn Cashmere sweater they just put out, but at regular price AC is too expensive for me. I'm going to stalk this though.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/autumn-cashmere-funnel-neck-cashmere-sweater/5046593?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=spectrum

I tried this earlier today - I bought a jacket in medium a week ago, today noticed it was 40% off, it's only in XL and they would not price adjust.

I tried this earlier today - I bought a jacket in medium a week ago, today noticed it was 40% off, it's only in XL and they would not price adjust.

I won’t bother with calling in. I’ll bring the dress to the store - all they can say is no. I will still keep it even if I don’t get the discount. I have nothing in my closet with a drop waist and this is too comfy to return!

Really, what were the negative reviews about? Everytime I try to read reviews on the Nordstrom site, I lose interest because so many people just post things like A+++++++ (like a canned ebay review) because Nordstorm incentivises reviews with prizes.
To me, the only thing that should be noted about this cardigan is the size- I bought a Large and it is huge, it is about 36" long and 24" across if you lay it flat and measure. The fabric is 56% Nylon, 30% wool, 10% alpaca and elastane, so a mixed blend, I guess this isn't acrylic, not sure how to characterize the fabric. I might send it to someone which is why I'm not modeling it. It doesn't seem like it will pill but it is definitely soft, sort of spongy? Hard to describe.
This is beautiful- I hope you will keep us informed (or write a review online) about how this wears. I was so tempted but some of the reviews scared me off. I have not had pilling issues with acrylic myself- it is the wool I am more concerned about pilling. Next year I will keep this in mind and try one. Hope it give you many years of warmth!
It's cute! I always worry abt acrylic pilling.

I have to say all the concerns of pilling are real...….and valid. I just received my first one on sale from Nordstrom website yesterday (lower than the Anniversary Sale price) and it has pilling EVERYWHERE....and it is new. I guess from mere handling in store. I love how soft this is but with such significant pilling (and to only get worse with my use) I struggle with keeping it. I thought I would like it so much that I just bought a Kent sweater in nutmeg on sale at Nordstroms online yesterday and now deciding if I even want another and if I should return both. Disappointed.

Reactions: toujours*chic
I have to say all the concerns of pilling are real...….and valid. I just received my first one on sale from Nordstrom website yesterday (lower than the Anniversary Sale price) and it has pilling EVERYWHERE....and it is new. I guess from mere handling in store. I love how soft this is but with such significant pilling (and to only get worse with my use) I struggle with keeping it. I thought I would like it so much that I just bought a Kent sweater in nutmeg on sale at Nordstroms online yesterday and now deciding if I even want another and if I should return both. Disappointed.
the one I just got is the Ryder....but the Kent and the Ryder are same material blend. Hence, why I may not want either.

I too order the Ryder in the ivory and the navy at 40% off- they are very soft and cuddly and I like the oversized look. I do not see any pilling yet but I see the potential- some areas look a little matted. If this were say 70-80% off, then it would be fine to keep for a season or two, But for the price of these I could get a BFD cardi and not have the worries of pilling and handwashing. So as much as I like them now, I am afraid of what they will become and will probably return. So sad.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
How did you get it for lower than AS price? The Ryder is still on the website for 40% off which is same as AS, isn't it? I don't remember what I paid.

How did you get it for lower than AS price? The Ryder is still on the website for 40% off which is same as AS, isn't it? I don't remember what I paid.
I paid 40% off- the current discount online. I did not get it lower- I was saying IF I COULD get them at 70-80% off then it would be an easier decision whether to keep or not.

But I am still on the fence about them. The navy is actually in great shape coming from the warehouse. The ivory was obviously from a retail store showing signs it was hung on a hanger. What to do...….. maybe keep the navy and just enjoy the heck out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.