Black out City

Thanks! I agree it's hard to know unless you try it or someone has firsthand experience. The ME that's on FP would be returnable for a bit and then I could sell it back if I feel it's too delicate. More than likely I will pass even though it's gorgeous & I love the look of a white bag for summer.
i have my 'white summer bag, pre-loved Prada in glazed deerskin, i wear it without fear (got it pre-loved) and handle is chunky chain, so no contact with skin - no pick up of sweat/skin oil, as a result - no discolouration
though, twillies could help to protect white handles...

Reactions: Bijouxlady
i have my 'white summer bag, pre-loved Prada in glazed deerskin, i wear it without fear (got it pre-loved) and handle is chunky chain, so no contact with skin - no pick up of sweat/skin oil, as a result - no discolouration
though, twillies could help to protect white handles...
Thanks! I would definitely wrap the handles with a twilly. I haven't had a white bag in years but love the look of one. I don't baby my bags but I do take good care of them. I appreciate your input! Very helpful in my decision making. :heart:

Reactions: ksuromax
After seeing your post, i went to check out as much BO as i can. And it seems the BO with smooth leather comes with darker (may be brass) hardware, and the pebbled BO comes with what you mentioned, brushed silver.

Oh well! I can’t resist glorious leather..
Found this City S in bleu tanzanite with brushed silver hw in vibrato/grained calf. It was on sale too. Doesn’t that leather look yummy!

View attachment 4123262

View attachment 4123263

After seeing your post, i went to check out as much BO as i can. And it seems the BO with smooth leather comes with darker (may be brass) hardware, and the pebbled BO comes with what you mentioned, brushed silver.

I was recently looking at black Blackout bags on the online market too. And I agree - it seems that the smooth calfskin has the brass hardware & the new pebbled has the silver hardware (on the new pebbled bags I thought it was shiny silver & didn't know if it was brushed silver - but I recall one seller referred to it as titanium hardware) :smile:

Reactions: peacebabe
"referred to it as titanium hardware" oh yes ! I remember seeing somewhere too! And the smooth leather seems to be called "Drummed Calfskin" too

I was recently looking at black Blackout bags on the online market too. And I agree - it seems that the smooth calfskin has the brass hardware & the new pebbled has the silver hardware (on the new pebbled bags I thought it was shiny silver & didn't know if it was brushed silver - but I recall one seller referred to it as titanium hardware) :smile:

Reactions: jeanstohandbags
:panic::panic::panic: The smooth ones are really gorgeous. Can't believe that my initially "neh" to this BO has grown into :heart:, and now waiting for one to arrive ! :yahoo::yahoo:

Are the two in the same year of production?

I only saw the Blackout for the first time when I bought the City - and it was love at first sight! :nuts: I didn't realise how beautiful they were until seeing in person. I see now why others have become addicted to these bags....
The City Small is S/S 2017, but the City didn't come with cards :smile:
You are going to love yours when you receive her!

Reactions: peacebabe