Bag defect (Azur color) or it’s how supposed to be?

Hi there
This is my friend’s bag. She bought it in France (last year). When she first brought it to work to show me, Azur canvas looked very nice and creamy white. She brought her bag in again to work today and I notice that at that the canvas has 2 colors! The top part still remains creamy white but the middle and bottom turns pinkish. Top part has a different canvas (I mean 2 pieces of canvas stitched together). Has anyone seen this kind of color change before? I don’t have Azur pieces. Thanks!
I bought the exact same bag at LV in Rome last summer. Noticed for the first time yesterday that it has the exact same problem as the purse in the picture!! I am baffled by this!!

My purse looks exactly the same way. When I called the LV number today, they told me to take it to the store to have it evaluated, which I will do on Monday. Do they still make the same purses that won't turn pink? Should I take the box to the store with me? I have the receipt too.

Bring the receipt just in case but they didn't even need it. If you bought it at a U.S. store, they'll have it in your profile. Not sure if the new ones not having this problem. I exchanged it for a different purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought it in Paris so they gave me the full price credit in US Dollars (excluding tax).
That is GOOD to hear! I have a bag in right now that I bought in Paris, and I am worried that I may have to take store credit and I'm afraid how much I'll get if it comes to that.

Did you have to argue for it or did they just give that amount to you?

Reactions: kef2
I just checked my DA Croisette which I bought at the same time this bag launched (end of March 2016)- the Croisette has pink lining but it is a toile cotton fabric- if I recall correctly, the Girolata has the same pink color lining but it is Ultrasuede(?). My bag does not have the color transfer issue- I wonder if the Ultrasuede fabric does not retain the dye and sheds it onto the canvas?

In any case, I hope everyone affected returns their bag ASAP and gets their money back or a satisfactory replacement. I almost bought this Girolata drawstring bag but I already have the DA Noe and too similar.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Yes this is a definitely defect and LV should offer credit without making a fuss. (Sux if you have no other items on the wishlist)

Not sure what’s wrong with Lv these days. I’ve bought at least half a dozen bags and SLG from them and pretty much all need some sort of fixing or defective within a year!!!! This is so frustrating because I just want the bag to age gracefully