Bag defect (Azur color) or it’s how supposed to be?

Nat_CAN

O.G.
Jan 17, 2008
Hi there
This is my friend’s bag. She bought it in France (last year). When she first brought it to work to show me, Azur canvas looked very nice and creamy white. She brought her bag in again to work today and I notice that at that the canvas has 2 colors! The top part still remains creamy white but the middle and bottom turns pinkish. Top part has a different canvas (I mean 2 pieces of canvas stitched together). Has anyone seen this kind of color change before? I don’t have Azur pieces. Thanks!

Attachments

• EF0C3B8B-0DF2-4167-8825-43503A9F006C.jpeg
    EF0C3B8B-0DF2-4167-8825-43503A9F006C.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 2,603
No I haven’t. Looks like some kind of color transfer? I have a very old (more than 10 years) azur speedy. Doesn’t look like that.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Is it the pink interior lining that's showing through? I'm guessing top half has a thicker layer of canvas compared to the rest, maybe to provide more sturdiness and strengthening for the drawstring closure hence why it's two canvas stitched together near the top. But it's indeed very odd construction.

From what I think I can see, the Girolata on the LV website doesn’t have such stitching and the handles are not as deep. Are you sure this is an authentic bag?

Edit: Here is a bag similar to your friends. While I don’t know whether it’s authentic either, it maybe that they were made differently last year.

Last edited:
Tell her she should take it to a LV shop to discuss the problem. It looks like a fake bag would have this type of color problem versus a real one. Did she say she bought it at a LV store or is she just saying she bought it in France. If she really bought it at LV then she should take it to the nearest store.

Reactions: snibor
Tell her she should take it to a LV shop to discuss the problem. It looks like a fake bag would have this type of color problem versus a real one. Did she say she bought it at a LV store or is she just saying she bought it in France. If she really bought it at LV then she should take it to the nearest store.
Nearest store here is like 14 hours drive but I will mention it to her (in case she has any trip plan out).

From what I think I can see, the Girolata on the LV website doesn’t have such stitching and the handles are not as deep. Are you sure this is an authentic bag?

Edit: Here is a bag similar to your friends. While I don’t know whether it’s authentic either, it maybe that they were made differently last year.
I didn’t notice the stitching in the first place until I saw the color difference. Then when I looked at the bag closely and realized they are different piece of canvas. I don’t see stitching on the picture on the website either.

Is it the pink interior lining that's showing through? I'm guessing top half has a thicker layer of canvas compared to the rest, maybe to provide more sturdiness and strengthening for the drawstring closure hence why it's two canvas stitched together near the top. But it's indeed very odd construction.
Yes the pag has a pink interior. We will check her bag again. Hope it’’s what you mentioned.

the color looks like as if she wrapped the lower half of the bag in a red cloth bag that got color transferred but then the dividing line is too clear and straight, really baffled. Take a look of the bottom of the bag to see if it is pinkish too? This is such an interesting case! please keep us updated! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
the bag looks authentic, the color looks like as if she wrapped the lower half of the bag in a red cloth bag that got color transferred.
Probably interior color that causes that issue. The bottom of the bag looks okay. She said she has receipts and dust bag and a box and she will call LV to see what they can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this theory! I saw this bag at store but never looked inside but I can imagine this could possiblely the reason.