Scarves How to Wear a 90cm Carre/Silk Twill Casually?

I just discovered the hacking knot for 90's, I can see this with tees or tucked casually in the neckline of a collared blouse. Here is Iris with denim jacket for a casual office look.
View attachment 3985508

This is a fun one to do on 90s, maxi twillies and 140s, but on the 90s It holds best if you tie it off like you've done. Love the Iris tied this way!

I bought this dress any ideas on a nice knot for it. I know not every outfit needs a scarf but sometimes I feel naked without them @Langsam what colourway is that because it looks like a solid buy for me
cos-Navy-Shirt-Dress-With-Drawstring-Neck.jpeg

Reactions: Langsam and Julide
I bought this dress any ideas on a nice knot for it. I know not every outfit needs a scarf but sometimes I feel naked without them @Langsam what colourway is that because it looks like a solid buy for me
@NewBeeUn, the product reference number is H001063S 60. Usually the last 2 digits are the number of the colorway, which would make this ... CW 60? That doesn't make sense to me. The colorway name is anthracite / marine / blanc, still available on US h.com: https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/ex-libris-scarf-90-H001063Sv58/
Hope we will be twins! and triplets with @litchi !

I'm feeling something asymmetric for this one, like maybe the knot where you do bias fold and tie so that one tail hangs VERY long. Or, maybe a bias fold worn as a belt?

@NewBeeUn, the product reference number is H001063S 60. Usually the last 2 digits are the number of the colorway, which would make this ... CW 60? That doesn't make sense to me. The colorway name is anthracite / marine / blanc, still available on US h.com: https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/ex-libris-scarf-90-H001063Sv58/
Hope we will be twins! and triplets with @litchi !
That wouldn't be surprising given how many times Ex-Libris has been reissued over the years. ;)

My go-to strategy for casual wear of 90's seems to be ... pair it with denim! This is Ex Libris from the current season, pretty formal-looking laid out flat but I think it works causally styled like this.View attachment 4017707

Hi, quick favor to ask you. I've always wanted a Black/White ExL but it's quite rare to find 2nd hand. Noticed the new reissue colorway which looks quite bright in color on the site but much richer in your pic. My question is, is the black color solid pitch black or not? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Langsam
Hi, quick favor to ask you. I've always wanted a Black/White ExL but it's quite rare to find 2nd hand. Noticed the new reissue colorway which looks quite bright in color on the site but much richer in your pic. My question is, is the black color solid pitch black or not? Thanks in advance!
@GLX, the background is not black at all, I would describe it as a rich charcoal gray with a slight taupe leaning. My photo is reasonably accurate to the IRL color. If you are looking for a black Ex Libris, this is not it.

Reactions: GLX
:giggle::giggle:
Marbella8 - I will try to explain. It is a bit tricky at first but once you do it a couple times, it gets easier. MaiTai calls this the asymmetrical knot but I find her instructions are overly complicated.

First, fold your scarf in a rectangle
View attachment 2780100

Then grab the lower left corner and the upper right corner with your fingers and pull. You should get something like this.
View attachment 2780103
Then you need to wrap this around your shoulders like so. It almost looks like a cape but there is no fabric in the back. The 2 triangles are draped over both shoulders at this point like so.
View attachment 2780104
Then take the two points hanging down and tie a knot. I like the tails short so I tie a knot about here
View attachment 2780106
At this point it looks weird but one twist of the scarf about 90 degrees should get a triangle in front and voila, you have a non puffy cowboy. There should be a small triangle in your back. Just tuck that into your shirt and the scarf will stay put
View attachment 2780109
As you get better you can actually choose which triangle and which side of the triangle you want to show in front. This gives you a lot of scarf featuring options. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sorry, don't know why there is a random pic of step 2 below. I can't seem to delete it.
This is fabulous! I don’t know how to save this thread so I can look back to find it when Im struggling at the last minute to tie my carre and get out the door and off to work :giggle:

Reactions: HermesLoverJen
@GLX, the background is not black at all, I would describe it as a rich charcoal gray with a slight taupe leaning. My photo is reasonably accurate to the IRL color. If you are looking for a black Ex Libris, this is not it.

Appreciate the reply. I like the design so much in a dark colorway, even if it's a lighter charcoal than true black. Regardless, your picture of the scarf looks great!

Reactions: Langsam