The JADE thread!

Uli, It looks amazing on you! The artistry involved in making it, is mind blowing. It must have took countless hours to make and the detailing is sooo beyond anything I’ve even seen. I’m sorry it isn’t a 60, but I can definitely see why you don’t mind it being smaller. Maybe the width has something to do with that. If I had to choose a bangle to be permanent, I would choose that one for sure! Nice find Uli! You have an eye for finding some of the most intricate jade pieces [emoji4]

Here it is

Uli, this is gorgeous! The carving is well done and it looks amazing on!

I absolutely adore my jade bracelet.

Soft and lovely! Quite feminine.... how long have you had it?

Now that I have 2 permanent jade bangles, a question for all of you:
IF you had to choose a permanent bangle, which one would it be?

I have Smoke that I've worn permanently since late 2014 on my right wrist. I don't think I'm ready to wear anything else permanently. My intention is to put Iroh on for permanent on the left when I'm 60..... but who knows how I'll feel then. I'd probably start looking at gifting/selling my bangle collection away at that point. I wonder what the price points for jade will be like in 20 years....?

Now that I have 2 permanent jade bangles, a question for all of you:
IF you had to choose a permanent bangle, which one would it be?

My blue-grey & off white one is semi-permanent (I'm 70% sure I could get it off if I tried hard enough) and if I replaced it with a more permanent one, I might go down to a 53.5-54 even. I'd like a permanent that hits the accupressure spot constantly and find this one still slides a lot. Perfection would be little bit slimmer, but still a round that has a metallic blue or creamy white color.

I sometimes think of finding a thin cream white one to add to this permanently, but had to remove the mate I have because the sound of clinking jadeite was going to drive my husband to murder.

Reactions: dingobeast
I can see why you love this bangle Belarusa. How long have you been wearing it? The colour is so fresh and pretty!!

Soft and lovely! Quite feminine.... how long have you had it?

I bought it last year in January but had it on and off. I just put it on few days ago this time and the plan is to keep it on, as @Junkenpo pointed out - it is a very feminine look, and I feel that I need a daily reminder of the beauty and strength of being divinely feminine.

Wow, the snake is captivating!!! True work of art but I am feeling a bit claustrophobic in not being able to remove a bangle...The 55.5 mm green white that is on order may be one of those...not sure yet...

Thinking white or black nephrite now....Mmmm
I don;t think I'd want a 19mm permanent...I guess better to choose more conservatively.

I just read about this & it seems like a simple way to ID dyed jade...

Chelsea filter; undyed jadeite will not show the red color of dyed jadeite or nephrite when looked at through the filter.

OOhhh I like the sound of clinking jade!!!!:heart:

Hello! :biggrin: been lurking for a while but I thought I'd pop in to say hi and dust off my account. I've recently started a jade binge (especially on bangles) although I've had other jade pieces since I was a kid (my mom showered them on me because I was a sickly kid and Chinese superstition believes every bit of it helps one's health). I'm really happy to see a very lively jade thread to feed my ongoing addiction!

Question on jade certificates esp chinese labs...Should the signature of the tech & superviser be handwriten in ink or can it be printed? I can't imagine why it would be a copy or printed. It does say the certificate must be printed but does not mention if it should be signed by hand. What good would a printed signature be????

Pretty sure the signatures on my certificate are printed...

@camelotshadowjade - Weighing in not necessarily for gem/jewelry labs but I work with chemistry labs in North America; their signed final analysis reports are digitally signed by both the tech and the lab supervisor and have been accepted that way with government agencies and legal bodies as being legal. I wouldn't use digital/printed signatures as a write off in terms of certificate authenticity.