The JADE thread!

Okay, I don't think I'd mentioned, but I have a set pf nephrite earrings (my first nephrite piece) and found the green to be flattering on my skin.

View attachment 3977150

Then I talked myself into getting a bangle mate because none of the jadeite matched. And all I can say is WOW. I had no idea nephrite could be so stunning. And, it has a sort of chatoyance/moonstone effect on the white sections. I'm really glad I went with 3Jade on this because the shipping was fast and the customer support was very supportive, educational, and honest. I learned the Chinese character for "green" AND that all Chinese certificates call nephrite Hetian Jade regardless of origin, and they assured me this is not Hetian Jade, just nephrite. It is so very green and reflective, but photographs bright.

View attachment 3977155
View attachment 3977156 View attachment 3977157
Nice size impressive cuff...really wide!!! Looks great on you!!!

Wow , you just read my mind!!! I was thinking aout nepfrite & how it differs & feels as a bangle. Wow it is a nice green! I have seen the Hetian & even another with a Z....
They tend to call things jade just because its pretty & they throw hetian on nephrite. Truth is I don;;t know if these chinese labs can tell the diiference for sure unless they were told where it was mined.
I questioned a reputable I think trustable seller about nephrite as she has a really green bangle & to me it looked more like British columbia nephrite which is the biggest supplier of it. She emphatically told me that in China they don;t buy from British Columbia becasuse its too far? I donlt know if its true as I have read articles that say that China does buy there jade...So can;t really trust anyone as they don;t know everything & certainly can't trust alot of the labs too...

Still I guess its nice to at least know its true untreated nephrite...

mething appealing to me about it!\

???? Should I???? My size except its 8mm thick & I prefer 9mm Price is decent.nephrite green jade 57 x 15 x 8 $90s-l100.jpg
Color adjusted so its proably appears not so dark
nephrite green  jade 57 x 15 x 8 s-l100 (2)color adjusted.jpg

Looked up 3jade on ebay & no listings.Looks like they are only a buyer???

Last edited:
Okay, I don't think I'd mentioned, but I have a set pf nephrite earrings (my first nephrite piece) and found the green to be flattering on my skin.

View attachment 3977150

Then I talked myself into getting a bangle mate because none of the jadeite matched. And all I can say is WOW. I had no idea nephrite could be so stunning. And, it has a sort of chatoyance/moonstone effect on the white sections. I'm really glad I went with 3Jade on this because the shipping was fast and the customer support was very supportive, educational, and honest. I learned the Chinese character for "green" AND that all Chinese certificates call nephrite Hetian Jade regardless of origin, and they assured me this is not Hetian Jade, just nephrite. It is so very green and reflective, but photographs bright.

View attachment 3977155

This looks beautiful on you EarthGatherer. It does have a different glow to it from jadeite and pairs well with your earrings:smile: [emoji3]

Reactions: EarthGatherer

View attachment 3977150

View attachment 3977155

Pretty pretty pretty! I've been watching 3jade's listings and watched their website just haven't pulled the trigger yet . . . this might have pushed me over the edge!!

Reactions: EarthGatherer
I love nephrite. It's got a different feel than jadeite, but has its own beauty.

Reposting my nephrite beads and jadeite beads with nephrite bangle.

Py80kS8.jpg

WCmvdlB.jpg

View attachment 3977150

View attachment 3977155

This is beautiful! I like the width as well. Congratulations! I love Nephrite, it’s so smooth and buttery. It looks great on you [emoji4]