Outlet Spy Pics!

I'm still planning on making it to the Outlet nearest me. Do they allow you to take pics in the open or do I need to be stealthy?

I try to be discreet and also not include the faces of strangers in the pictures (or I try to obscure the faces when I can't avoid them. No one has ever said anything to me but I try not to be obnoxious about it.

Years ago they used to be very strict about not taking pics at the outlet, but with all the pics and selfies being taken nowadays - I don't think that they will try to stop people.

Reactions: Couturexec
I went in today. Friday night after work. No customers. 4 SA's standing around. One trying to engage with me. Ugh. I chickened out. Will try again. They did have 2 full sections of deletes.

Reactions: katev
I went in today. Friday night after work. No customers. 4 SA's standing around. One trying to engage with me. Ugh. I chickened out. Will try again. They did have 2 full sections of deletes.

You mean you got scared because you'd be more noticeable taking pics, when the store is empty and quiet?

If it makes you more comfortable you could tell them that you have a friend that lives pretty far from the mall (insert name of town) and you'd like to share a few photos (if that's okay?) to let her know what's available before she makes a special trip.

After all, you will be sharing the photos with a far away friends on TPF! If they say "no" then just give us a verbal summary of the bags they have in stock - TIA!

If it makes you more comfortable you could tell them that you have a friend that lives pretty far from the mall (insert name of town) and you'd like to share a few photos (if that's okay?) to let her know what's available before she makes a special trip.

After all, you will be sharing the photos with a far away friends on TPF! If they say "no" then just give us a verbal summary of the bags they have in stock - TIA!

@katev, if YOU were Coach's in-house photographer (or one of them), us Coach fans/customers would get sooo much more accuracy with the IRL colors of the items! You don't use that 'special' lighting they use, that magically 'alters' a color! :giggle:

@katev, if YOU were Coach's in-house photographer (or one of them), us Coach fans/customers would get sooo much more accuracy with the IRL colors of the items! You don't use that 'special' lighting they use, that magically 'alters' a color! :giggle:

Just quick snaps with my iPhone so it's nothing special but they are real life, thanks!

Last edited:
You mean you got scared because you'd be more noticeable taking pics, when the store is empty and quiet?

Yes. She wouldn't leave me alone. Just kept talking. Asking me about what I like.....
I was only carrying a double kisslock coin purse. I didn't get the feeling she thought I was going to shoplift. Lol. She was just an overly nice little old lady.

So disgusted. Went to my outlet to see if they would be willing to do a found order for the Tearose Saddle Bag posted earlier and after the barest of searched the manager was like those pics aren't real. Full Price does sales so 1941 doesn't go to outlet. You can't trust what's on Internet forums. Ugh. I even told him I was at another outlet and they had the Rogue Totes and apparently they're supposed to be shipped back as they were sent in error. Such BS.

Manager basically told me if I wanted the bag I should fly to Aurora myself and get it. So pissed.

So disgusted. Went to my outlet to see if they would be willing to do a found order for the Tearose Saddle Bag posted earlier and after the barest of searched the manager was like those pics aren't real. Full Price does sales so 1941 doesn't go to outlet. You can't trust what's on Internet forums. Ugh. I even told him I was at another outlet and they had the Rogue Totes and apparently they're supposed to be shipped back as they were sent in error. Such BS.

Manager basically told me if I wanted the bag I should fly to Aurora myself and get it. So pissed.
Yeah... I've found that it all depends on who you talk to...when I wanted to exchange my oxblood rogue satchel... one of the SAs (who I really like) suggested ordering from the retail store, but the other SA quickly shot her down saying it was up to the manager... I got the impression from their demeanor that even though it's possible they don't always work with you.....

Also sometimes I call in and ask about inventory or sales and get completely incorrect information

Reactions: Sol Ryan and katev
I have been fortunate on my outlet, they have been very nice to me. I usually come in to show them new handbags from retail when I buy purses or knickknack from them. They show me what they have short of taking me to the back. They have brought purses from the back, too. I used to call and check but now I just make the effort to sort of meet and greet. I have been visiting them since they first open and it's been great for me.

He may not have wanted to look for the item number. I recently had an outlet order some items for me, but she was having a hard time, cause she didn't have the item numbers. I found the item numbers on ebay and that helped her a lot. Some of the items had never got to that outlet, so she didn't even know they existed.

Reactions: Sol Ryan and katev