Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

It sure seems that way, which is terribly disappointing. Even though the fees are much higher than eBay, it was worth it to sell on Tradesy for peace of mind, until now that is.

I'm going to write to them about this tomorrow. I hope all of you will too. There is always strength in numbers.

Reactions: GemsBerry
On my account, it says I will have to wait the 21 days but my funds have been getting released 4 days after delivery, per usual. If they did go to the 21 days, I wouldn't bother selling on the site anymore! eBay is immediate payment and Mercari and Poshmark is when the buyer releases, or they have 4 days. That is a fair time.

I don't really have any motivation to list anything new on the site either. It takes too long for payouts on to Paypal or to a debit card and they are still charging a transfer fee on top of the selling fee. Again, Mercari and Poshmark don't do this. :sad:

It sure seems that way, which is terribly disappointing. Even though the fees are much higher than eBay, it was worth it to sell on Tradesy for peace of mind, until now that is.

I'm going to write to them about this tomorrow. I hope all of you will too. There is always strength in numbers.

They don't care if 1 or 100 complain unfortunately

I did, I emailed them and they sent me a usual copy-paste response
"To better safeguard your funds and ensure that there are no transaction issues, earnings for all sellers will now be held for up to 21 days after an item is delivered to the buyer. During this review period, we’ll ensure the security and authenticity of every transaction, protecting both you and your buyers.
You can check your projected earnings release date on your Payouts page: http://www.tradesy.com/tradesy-cash by clicking on the transaction description. Please keep in mind that you’ll see the maximum amount of time that your funds will be held, as most funds are released within a 96 hours of delivery as long as a return is not requested."

I din't know if recent changes in Tradesy transfers have anything to do with Stripe's expansion and integration with Chinese payment processors.
"Stripes Raises Its Global Game
U.S.-based payments firm Stripe made a big jump on Chinese eCommerce this week with an announced partnership with Alipay and WeChat Pay. Merchants worldwide on the Stripe platform are now open for business through both, and the dual launches were timed to coincide with Stripe’s Hong Kong launch."
Source http://www.pymnts.com/data-dive/201...ripe-starbucks-and-the-comptrollers-concerns/ Punlished on July 17, 2017.

I'm getting my money based on what I had it listed for (excluding coupon) since this was a Promo Code BY Tradesy. The coupon does not mean that I lose $125 on top of my 18% commission, Tradesy takes that $125 out of their cut. The buyer is the one who benefits from this.

BUT for the opt in sales that YOU choose on your own (5%, 10% or 15%), that's different. You lose that money on top of the 18%.I don't choose to do those.
Ya, that was my understanding. However, they took the 125 off my listing price when calculating my commission. When I called them, they said that was because I opted in the 5% sale.

Aren't everyone's funds being held? I've had over 100 sales. My funds just got released today, on the fourth day, as usual.

My funds get released in 4 days on Tradesy, it's the transfer to my bank or PP that takes FOREVER. I transferred funds on the 16th to PP and I'm still waiting to get the money. It's ridiculous. I think Tradesy makes you believe PP or your bank is the one taking forever, but that's not true because when I sell on eBay and transfer funds, they are available the next day or two.

My funds get released in 4 days on Tradesy, it's the transfer to my bank or PP that takes FOREVER. I transferred funds on the 16th to PP and I'm still waiting to get the money. It's ridiculous. I think Tradesy makes you believe PP or your bank is the one taking forever, but that's not true because when I sell on eBay and transfer funds, they are available the next day or two.

I've always had my funds released on the 4th day and then to pp within 24-48 hrs. I have also been waiting since the 16th for Tradesy to send my funds to Paypal. If this is the new norm, I'm not happy. [emoji36]

Reactions: alwayscoffee89