Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I was about to withdraw funds on 4th day as usually two weeks ago and Tradesy said something like you can't do it so early unless you re-verify. I filled up one page that appeared and transferred funds. after that re-verification my full name appeared in my closet and my birthday appeared in my profile (I removed it right away). so AFTER this it says 21 days now * rolling eyes *

It states that I need to reverify on my payouts page but I have no funds available at this time so I can't re verify, I'm guessing when I have funds available then it will prompt me to reverify. All of my listings that I've sold now say that the funds will be available in 21 days now, ugh thanks for the great changes Tradsey!

someone once wrote here the PERFECT response as to what to say when they buyer asks to cancel for no reason and now I cant find it...does anyone still have it?

I had a bag in my closet that got 40 likes in two days, reserved every hour and I KNEW I will sell it when the coupons came out (bag was $1,100). Sold last night around 8pm, 5 minutes later buyer messaged me "so sorry, I purchased the wrong bag, please cancel". I would've cancelled If I got the confirmation right away but of course it didn't come until about 2am, once the coupons were over. So now I am DEFINITELY not cancelling and the woman already messaged me 4 times.

It states that I need to reverify on my payouts page but I have no funds available at this time so I can't re verify, I'm guessing when I have funds available then it will prompt me to reverify. All of my listings that I've sold now say that the funds will be available in 21 days now, ugh thanks for the great changes Tradsey!
I emailed Tradesy and asked what's the point just to ask to re-verify and AFTER that to state that transfer time is 21 days? In this case I wouldn't re-verify, what's the benefit?
another change is now transaction is recorded in your bank as "stripe transfer", it used to be "tradesy.com transfer" last month and "debit card purchase return tradesy.com" before that.
they are changing many things.

Reactions: domifreaka
I emailed Tradesy and asked what's the point just to ask to re-verify and AFTER that to state that transfer time is 21 days? In this case I wouldn't re-verify, what's the benefit?
another change is now transaction is recorded in your bank as "stripe transfer", it used to be "tradesy.com transfer" last month and "debit card purchase return tradesy.com" before that.
they are changing many things.
Yes just noticed the change to Stripe Transfer on mine too, which btw took exactly 10 days to hit my bank account. I wonder why the name change and if there's any implication to the 20K/200 sales rule...

Hi, I have a question for sellers. When an item get sold during these side wide promotion event, does tradesy deduct the coupon amount from sale price before calculating the earnings for the buyer? I remembered during previous events, tradesy still calculate your earning based on the listing price. But this time, tradsey took out the coupon amount from listing price then calculated the earnings. I wonder anyone notice the change?

I'm getting my money based on what I had it listed for (excluding coupon) since this was a Promo Code BY Tradesy. The coupon does not mean that I lose $125 on top of my 18% commission, Tradesy takes that $125 out of their cut. The buyer is the one who benefits from this.

BUT for the opt in sales that YOU choose on your own (5%, 10% or 15%), that's different. You lose that money on top of the 18%.I don't choose to do those.

Yes just noticed the change to Stripe Transfer on mine too, which btw took exactly 10 days to hit my bank account. I wonder why the name change and if there's any implication to the 20K/200 sales rule...
Stripe has been their payout service for about a year I think. It's a transfer either way wether it's under the Tradsey name or stripe. Just like a paypal transfer.

This is a question for sellers. I've been happily selling away on Tradesy for more than a year now. Until the past two weeks, nothing was returned to me by Tradesy for "not as described." All of a sudden, they seem to be nitpicking like never before! As an example, they returned one bag because they said the measurements were wrong, it had patina on the interior, and the corners were chafed. When I received it back, I double checked the measurements. They were correct in my listing. Reference the "patina" issue, the bag was practically brand new, and had no visible interior patina, PLUS; I included a large and very clear photograph of the interior. Reference the chafed corners, first of all; the bag has no corners because it is round. Next, I showed a photo of the bottom of the bag AND mentioned light chafing, which is exactly what is has.

Today, I received notification that they are returning another bag to me for reasons that don't make sense. In both cases, the bags I sold were pristine. I haven't changed the way I list, which is to "reasonably" disclose flaws. This approach has worked well for me for years. For instance, if the hardware is scratched, that's what I say. I don't, however, count the number of scratches. If the interior lining has stains and ink marks, that's how I describe it. I don't look for a speck of dust tucked deep inside a corner and, even if I did, I wouldn't mention it because it isn't reasonable, but rather it is ridiculous overkill. Since I haven't changed the way I list, something must have changed at Tradesy. I wonder if they are getting so many returns that they had to limit the number of returns they handle?

Had Tradesy not raised their seller rates by a lot recently, I'm sure I wouldn't be feeling so frustrated. In light of the fact that they did, and seem now to want to avoid handling returns, I'm beginning to wonder if selling on the site is still a good option.

Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide.

This is a question for sellers. I've been happily selling away on Tradesy for more than a year now. Until the past two weeks, nothing was returned to me by Tradesy for "not as described." All of a sudden, they seem to be nitpicking like never before! As an example, they returned one bag because they said the measurements were wrong, it had patina on the interior, and the corners were chafed. When I received it back, I double checked the measurements. They were correct in my listing. Reference the "patina" issue, the bag was practically brand new, and had no visible interior patina, PLUS; I included a large and very clear photograph of the interior. Reference the chafed corners, first of all; the bag has no corners because it is round. Next, I showed a photo of the bottom of the bag AND mentioned light chafing, which is exactly what is has.

Today, I received notification that they are returning another bag to me for reasons that don't make sense. In both cases, the bags I sold were pristine. I haven't changed the way I list, which is to "reasonably" disclose flaws. This approach has worked well for me for years. For instance, if the hardware is scratched, that's what I say. I don't, however, count the number of scratches. If the interior lining has stains and ink marks, that's how I describe it. I don't look for a speck of dust tucked deep inside a corner and, even if I did, I wouldn't mention it because it isn't reasonable, but rather it is ridiculous overkill. Since I haven't changed the way I list, something must have changed at Tradesy. I wonder if they are getting so many returns that they had to limit the number of returns they handle?

Had Tradesy not raised their seller rates by a lot recently, I'm sure I wouldn't be feeling so frustrated. In light of the fact that they did, and seem now to want to avoid handling returns, I'm beginning to wonder if selling on the site is still a good option.

What condition did you list the bags in? I find their options need updating, such as "new with defects" etc, considering bags can have the tags attached from a store but may come with flaws from being handled. They ridiculously want sellers to list it as "gently used". I refuse.

The exact same thing has happened to me. This is a fairly recent change. I had to update all of my listings to include every category of wear they have, including "odors", regardless of whether they have these defects or not. Of course this will lower the selling price, but I prefer that to having to deal with more returns. I am listing my items primarily on Vestiaire now.

Thank you for the prompt replies. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this. I'm very careful about the way I list, but I believe I will have to go back through all of my listings, as you did Nicole0612, and perhaps add more "flaws." I agree with Nani1972 that they need more categories.

Thanks again!

Reactions: pianolize
The exact same thing has happened to me. This is a fairly recent change. I had to update all of my listings to include every category of wear they have, including "odors", regardless of whether they have these defects or not. Of course this will lower the selling price, but I prefer that to having to deal with more returns. I am listing my items primarily on Vestiaire now.

I should clarify.
When I said "every category of wear they have", I meant that I select every category that Tradesy offers, whether I think it has that wear or not! I think they just do not want to accept any returns if they can find a way to get out of it.

Reactions: GemsBerry
I should clarify.
When I said "every category of wear they have", I meant that I select every category that Tradesy offers, whether I think it has that wear or not! I think they just do not want to accept any returns if they can find a way to get out of it.
Yes this. and they are pushing 21 days for money transfers for this reason too, if the item is returned for innocent reason Tradesy would try to push SNAD on you. I guess they accumulated a lot of returns again since huge Christmas liquidation. Christmas in July haha.

Reactions: nicole0612