The Speedy Gonzales Club!

Hello! I'm looking to purchase my first LV bag and I've wanted Speedy for over 10 years so I'm super excited I'm now in a position where I can purchase one! I have a few questions and I would love some advice from the more experienced LV Speedy owners. The main one is, Damier Ebene or Monogram? I've got my eye on a Speedy 35 but which one?! Any help is much appreciated!
I walked in to ONLY purchase a mono speedy b 35 and walked out with both mono AND damier ebene. It was a no brainer. I'm definitely not trying to enable you into buying both LOL! It was a why not moment for me. Couldn't be happier with both. FullSizeRender(87).jpg FullSizeRender(41).jpg

Counting down the weeks (3) till I vacation in Hawaii. Dying to get a speedy 25 in monogram. Anyone make a recent purchase on Oahu or the island to know the cost difference? I've tried calling but the wait time is crazy. Any other recommendations of something to pick up at LV while I'm at it? Was thinking a pochette asses nm before they are out of stock.

Reactions: Aoifs
Hello! I'm looking to purchase my first LV bag and I've wanted Speedy for over 10 years so I'm super excited I'm now in a position where I can purchase one! I have a few questions and I would love some advice from the more experienced LV Speedy owners. The main one is, Damier Ebene or Monogram? I've got my eye on a Speedy 35 but which one?! Any help is much appreciated!
In that size I'd choose the DE, just because that's a lot of canvas and a lot of pattern, and the mono would be too much for me. Go try it in person if it's possible :smile:

I walked in to ONLY purchase a mono speedy b 35 and walked out with both mono AND damier ebene. It was a no brainer. I'm definitely not trying to enable you into buying both LOL! It was a why not moment for me. Couldn't be happier with both. View attachment 3690499 View attachment 3690501
Oh I get it... I really do. Like potato chips, you can't have just one! And you are reminding me how badly I need a mono piece.

Hey gals! Just received a new to me monogram speedy 30 yesterday that I thought was in pretty good condition. Had some questions for you lovely ladies!
1. I paid $655 for it plus shipping. Do you think it was a good deal given its condition? (See pics). Its a 2013 model. Inside is clean. came with keys, lock, dust-bag and tags.
2. It has some creases from storage- will these come out if I store it well-stuffed? (See last two pics- last pic you can see how the side collapses inward- can this be fixed with proper stuffing over time?)
3. The sides look a bit wonky to me- almost like the piping collapses inward, but when I push the sides out from the inside they seem to get better. Do you think it's been improperly stitched? Thoughts? (See first three pics)
TYSM!
I literally jammed one of my kids fleece robes inside, making sure to push out all of the corners/piping and creases with the bulky robe. I just left it in a sunny window for a few days and the warmth did the magic including a little extra patina. All the fold creases and pushed in corner areas dissapeared. Hope that helps.

Thank you! So you think it'd help fix the indented/collapsed sides? All hope is not lost? Lol
Yes. Hope is not lost. You have to give it a few days though-can't carry it. I know that's not easy LOL!! Just make sure to stuff whatever you use into all the corners so the bag once stuffed and zipped up has all the piping showing properly like it's supposed to. Does that make sense?

Reactions: lv031215
Yes. Hope is not lost. You have to give it a few days though-can't carry it. I know that's not easy LOL!! Just make sure to stuff whatever you use into all the corners so the bag once stuffed and zipped up has all the piping showing properly like it's supposed to. Does that make sense?
Yes it does! Thank you so much for your tip, appreciate it!! :smile: I've stuffed it with stuffing paper the past couple days since I got it and I think it is getting a bit better! Do you think from the description it was a good deal for what I paid? I'm newer to the preloved world, had only been buying new up until a few months ago!

Yes it does! Thank you so much for your tip, appreciate it!! :smile: I've stuffed it with stuffing paper the past couple days since I got it and I think it is getting a bit better! Do you think from the description it was a good deal for what I paid? I'm newer to the preloved world, had only been buying new up until a few months ago!
The main reason I would say it's a great price is due to the fact that it looks practically unused. It hasn't had much use if any due to the new looking patina. I've seen speedys with filthy black handles, loose threads, super dark patina, almost exposed piping and stains galore actually sell for $300-400 bucks on resell sites like Tradesey, fashonfile, keeks. So I'd say you did good. Enjoy her once the dings and pings are gone. If you have the space, try to keep her stuffed when not in use. If you fold her back down you have to start all over with the extreme stuffing. Once she looks the way she's supposed to you only have to stuff enough to keep the shape.

Reactions: TXLVlove