The Speedy Gonzales Club!

I guarantee that which ever one you choose, you will be wanting the other bag pattern as well! Speedy are great bags and both patterns are wonderful. I started out with the DE then purchased a preloved mono. Love them both!

Depends. Are you in a place where weather can be as issue? If you are, you have to watch the vachetta with Mono. The D. Ebene is a non issue in bad weather.

They are both great bags. If you put a photo of each bag next to each other, which do you gravitate to? Also, does the interior make a difference? That red in the DE is gorgeous.

Hard choice, isn't it!!![emoji4]

Besides reading all the posts in different threads on this subject, I always try to watch a lot of the YouTube videos. Look for Speedy 30 vs 35 , etc. you'll get a lot of detailed feedback and might even hear about some things you hadn't even considered.

I walked in to ONLY purchase a mono speedy b 35 and walked out with both mono AND damier ebene. It was a no brainer. I'm definitely not trying to enable you into buying both LOL! It was a why not moment for me. Couldn't be happier with both. View attachment 3690499 View attachment 3690501

In that size I'd choose the DE, just because that's a lot of canvas and a lot of pattern, and the mono would be too much for me. Go try it in person if it's possible :smile:

Thank you all for your replies! After thinking about it I've settled on the DE print cause how can I say no to that red interior! Also weather plays a big factor since I live in the not-so-sunny UK. I have a very much loved, very well worn pre-loved Speedy 30 in Multicolore that my mum bought for me 10 years ago and I definitely need the extra space of a 35.

The other factor that has been playing on my mind is that I'm only in the position where I can purchase an LV bag because of inheritance money from a relative of mine that I lost late last year and I want something that I know I will get use from for years to come and it will always have sentimental value to me.

One more question, am I mad for wanting to go to my LV store alone and asking the SA for their advice rather than with my friends or family? The only friend I would go with is very loud in her opinions about high end brands and she wouldn't feel comfortable there anyways.

Hi SPEEDY lovers. :smile: My boyfriend purchased my speedy 25 at a LV store in Tampa Florida over a year ago. Sooooo love it except one flaw. I was debating to exchange it but the nearest LV store from me is 6 hours away. So I decided to keep it. The stitches are off on the vachetta tab. Would you of kept it anyways?

Attachments

• 1494445509999-994296100.jpg
    1494445509999-994296100.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 933
  • 1494445571357945437337.jpg
    1494445571357945437337.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 951
Hi Friends, I'm hoping to purchase my first speedy on Saturday. I am torn between the speedy b25 and speedy b 30. I will absolutely go for the DE as I have previously owned a pochette metis in mono and I found I just didn't get the wear from the mono print for one reason or another. If anyone has both sizes in speedy I would love to hear their feedback. My biggest concern i think is that I over fill bags and they hurt to carry! So for that reason the 25 makes more sense? Thank you in advance x

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
Thank you all for your replies! After thinking about it I've settled on the DE print cause how can I say no to that red interior! Also weather plays a big factor since I live in the not-so-sunny UK. I have a very much loved, very well worn pre-loved Speedy 30 in Multicolore that my mum bought for me 10 years ago and I definitely need the extra space of a 35.

The other factor that has been playing on my mind is that I'm only in the position where I can purchase an LV bag because of inheritance money from a relative of mine that I lost late last year and I want something that I know I will get use from for years to come and it will always have sentimental value to me.

One more question, am I mad for wanting to go to my LV store alone and asking the SA for their advice rather than with my friends or family? The only friend I would go with is very loud in her opinions about high end brands and she wouldn't feel comfortable there anyways.

If your friend said that she didn't like the speedy would you be disappointed? If so, I say go alone. I say that as someone who enjoys browsing with friends but loves to get bigger purchases alone as they are more personal (I've saved, the money has been gifted, rewarding myself etc) therefore I don't want to know if others like or dislike! Hope that helps. Congrats on your speedy purchase, I'm picking up mine this weekend! X

If your friend said that she didn't like the speedy would you be disappointed? If so, I say go alone. I say that as someone who enjoys browsing with friends but loves to get bigger purchases alone as they are more personal (I've saved, the money has been gifted, rewarding myself etc) therefore I don't want to know if others like or dislike! Hope that helps. Congrats on your speedy purchase, I'm picking up mine this weekend! X

Tbh I probably wouldn't be disappointed cause we have such different styles anyways - she's much more casual 99% of the time whereas I'm usually overdressed I totally get what you mean about making bigger purchases alone though which is swinging me towards going and getting my speedy by myself. This will be my first visit to my LV store and I have no idea what to expect so would it be a good idea to call ahead a few days before? Is that even a thing? Can you tell I'm a total newbie to this?!

Hi Friends, I'm hoping to purchase my first speedy on Saturday. I am torn between the speedy b25 and speedy b 30. I will absolutely go for the DE as I have previously owned a pochette metis in mono and I found I just didn't get the wear from the mono print for one reason or another. If anyone has both sizes in speedy I would love to hear their feedback. My biggest concern i think is that I over fill bags and they hurt to carry! So for that reason the 25 makes more sense? Thank you in advance x
I love my speedy 25. I think it's not to small , not to big. I am 5'1 it's the perfect size for me. I usually don't carry that much stuff with me . Size 30 and up in my opinion will sag more easily at the bottom .

I love my speedy 25. I think it's not to small , not to big. I am 5'1 it's the perfect size for me. I usually don't carry that much stuff with me . Size 30 and up in my opinion will sag more easily at the bottom .

Yes this is my worry also - I really dislike the sag! I am 5'11" and I'm worried speedy 25 will look too small on me but I'm leaning more towards it!

Also my LV store say that I cannot purchase the LV luggage tag to go on to my new speedy. I really hoped to get a luggage tag hot stamped for it. Can anyone tell me if it's true that you cannot buy the luggage tag? When I spoke to LV European customer services she said it's at the SA discretion if they give me a spare or not :sad:

Tbh I probably wouldn't be disappointed cause we have such different styles anyways - she's much more casual 99% of the time whereas I'm usually overdressed I totally get what you mean about making bigger purchases alone though which is swinging me towards going and getting my speedy by myself. This will be my first visit to my LV store and I have no idea what to expect so would it be a good idea to call ahead a few days before? Is that even a thing? Can you tell I'm a total newbie to this?!

Hey we were all newbies at one point! Everyone starts somewhere. It's so exciting to build up to a purchase. I call the LV store in advance to ensure they have the bags I want in stock - my local store can run low. Also if you really want to make the most of your time in the store may I suggest avoiding it at busy periods. I know my LV is packed to the brim with shoppers and tourists on Saturday afternoons so I plan to get in early enough so as I don't feel too rushed making the purchase. X

Hey we were all newbies at one point! Everyone starts somewhere. It's so exciting to build up to a purchase. I call the LV store in advance to ensure they have the bags I want in stock - my local store can run low. Also if you really want to make the most of your time in the store may I suggest avoiding it at busy periods. I know my LV is packed to the brim with shoppers and tourists on Saturday afternoons so I plan to get in early enough so as I don't feel too rushed making the purchase. X

Chances are I'll be going midweek as thats when I'm off work but because of the time I need to travel there I cant get there for early in the morning but I'll definitely call a few days in advance. Thank you so much for all your help, its very much appreciated! ☺

Reactions: carly88
My first LV purchase! I couldn't decide on the Speedy 25 Mono or DE so I bought both:
Speedy 25 in Mono and Speedy Bandouliere 25 in DE :smile: Love them!!
speedy20130913_zpsf1409dbd.jpg

Wow we are twinsies! Bought the de in january and just got the monogram one! Do you regret getting both of them in the same size? (I am not sure if i should keep 25 mono or exchnage it for 30 mono bandouliere)

Reactions: bellebellebelle19

Go alone. You don't need the drama or distractions, your time should be spent looking over the bag for flaws and testing functionality. Going to LV is a personal thing for me even when the hubby or dd tags along which is not often. They sit on a sofa and leave me be as it should be LOL! If I want their opinions I will ask.

Reactions: mrsn03
Hi guys =) have you ever seen a speedy like this one? https://www.fashionphile.com/louis-vuitton-vintage-monogram-french-co-speedy-30-176413
I find the side with a clasp interesting , different.

Yes, I have. [emoji4]

Demand for the LV Speedy (and some other bags) was so great in the 80s that they had some of their bags made in a "French Company" edition. This bag in your photo is a "French Company" bag. It is very well made, and is my very favorite bags that I own. Here is a photo of mine, bought in the 1980's and still going strong. I did need to replace the zipper last year. LV supported the replacement, but it is so old, that the hardware was difficult to locate in their archives. The leather is not vachetta, but is treated leather. The side zipper clasp is cool. View attachment 3695103