Masters LV x Koons 2017 Collaboration

I actually understand what Burke said: "But we like to do things that can be perceived as politically incorrect. If we are getting flak, we think we are doing something right."
I understand that the collection is both a provocation and probably playful innuendo on its own industry (fashion, hypes etc.) and should be regarded as that.
That's why I think the artists name on the bags are crucial, otherwise it would be really just a not so pretty copy of some merchandise without significance. I think, it's more about the statement itself than creating a new bag or making a pretty bag.
The collection should be viewed with a wink in mind.

I liked this post before I read the article, because I usually like what she writes, but I stepped back after I read it. I'm underwhelmed by her article, to be honest. And definitely not because she didn't like the collection -- that's completely fine, it seems 99.9% of the world detest it --, but because I found the article quite shallow. I expected more of her view on this.
Oh, well.

I got 2 clutches - the rubens and van gogh. I got them because they are wacky, fun, gaudy, garish, colorful, different, weird, loud, hideous, functional and easily packable for all my travels. I haven't bought an LV in over a year, 90% Chanel and 10% Dior (the last 50 or so bags) so I guess something resurrected the need to execute. These screamed tacky in the best of ways. I didn't want a big face on a bag (mona lisa) or a dog's furry tail in a child's crotch (fragonard) so I went with "pretty" (van gogh) or "interesting" (rubens). They called yesterday, items are en route. We shall see...I am open to loathing them, or scratching that guilty pleasure *fashion don't* itch. Either way, I was all to curious to at least see IRL.

Last edited:
I got 2 clutches - the rubens and van gogh. I got them because they are wacky, fun, gaudy, garish, colorful, different, weird, loud, hideous, functional and easily packable for all my travels. I haven't bought an LV in over a year, 90% Chanel and 10% Dior (the last 50 or so bags) so I guess something resurrected the need to execute. These screamed tacky in the best of ways. I didn't want a big face on a bag (mona lisa) or a dog's furry tail in a child's crotch (fragonard) so I went with "pretty" (van gogh) or "interesting" (rubens). They called yesterday, items are en route. We shall see...I am open to loathing them, or scratching that guilty pleasure *fashion don't* itch. Either way, I was all to curious to at least see IRL.

I like such kind of post! Thanks for sharing your opinion.