Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Should I keep the Blue marine rouge h herbag? It's a navy canvas with burgundy red leather top. Am undecided with the color as it's not the bright color that I'm looking for.

That's a nice color combination! Neutrals are easier & more versatile to wear than bright colors.
Don't overthink it (as I tend to do).

Hi lovely tpfers, does anyone here have experience with color transfer on his/her herbag? I only bought my herbag two months ago and used it 4 times when I noticed that there was a color transfer on the canvas, (back and little bit at the front)from my denim. I am gutted!😭 I made sure that I wear old jeans whenever I used it but it still had color transfer. I am planning to visit the store this weekend and I'm praying that it can still be fixed/cleaned. 😫

Went to the boutique today and I sent my herbag to have the color transfer removed on the canvas. I was quoted $270 and it will take around 6 months to get the bag back. As I've said earlier, I don't mind waiting that long but I have to admit I was a bit turned off because that bag was only purchased two months ago and I couldn't justify the cost considering it's only minor color transfer. I also think if I went elsewhere I could have been charged less and I could get my bag quicker. Anyway, lesson learned, I won't buy anything Hermes from now on. Good thing I only have a Kelly and herbag so when the time comes I need to repair my Kelly I will just sell it. Moreover, I initially planned on buying clic clac and a scarf today while at the store but this experience left a bad taste in my mouth so I changed my mind. I refuse to give my hard earned bucks to a company who has no regard for customers! Sorry for the rant!

Went to the boutique today and I sent my herbag to have the color transfer removed on the canvas. I was quoted $270 and it will take around 6 months to get the bag back. As I've said earlier, I don't mind waiting that long but I have to admit I was a bit turned off because that bag was only purchased two months ago and I couldn't justify the cost considering it's only minor color transfer. I also think if I went elsewhere I could have been charged less and I could get my bag quicker. Anyway, lesson learned, I won't buy anything Hermes from now on. Good thing I only have a Kelly and herbag so when the time comes I need to repair my Kelly I will just sell it. Moreover, I initially planned on buying clic clac and a scarf today while at the store but this experience left a bad taste in my mouth so I changed my mind. I refuse to give my hard earned bucks to a company who has no regard for customers! Sorry for the rant!

Can you take it back and take it to another place, Peppapink?
Iam sure there are reputable cleaners in your area.
Some ladies may chime in and give you a name.

Can you take it back and take it to another place, Peppapink?
Iam sure there are reputable cleaners in your area.
Some ladies may chime in and give you a name.
Thanks Mariapia but I am unsure if I can still take it back so I will leave it for now. Hopefully they are able to remove the transfer and I am able to get it soon. The SA also mentioned to me that it's going to happen again later(color transfer) so she told me not to wear dark color pants with it. Smh

Thanks Mariapia but I am unsure if I can still take it back so I will leave it for now. Hopefully they are able to remove the transfer and I am able to get it soon. The SA also mentioned to me that it's going to happen again later(color transfer) so she told me not to wear dark color pants with it. Smh

Your SA is right, Peppaink. No dark colour clothes in general.
I am sure your Herbag will be perfect when you have it back.
Might even take less than 6 months![emoji3][emoji3]

hi Peppapink! it also depends on the dye and material of the clothes/pants. i would avoid bright reds, oranges, etc as well. avoid anything that is a deep color. part of it is because when you are walking, there is friction and with it, heat which makes the color transfer more likely. anyway, if you make sure the bag doesn't rub too much on any clothing it will be ok.

i like the toile bags that hermes makes...esp when paired with leather. i am wondering if there is some treatments i can perform on the leather to make it less likely to get color transfer or easier to clean. sometimes looks and functionality/durability don't go hand-in-hand tho
:sad: