Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Do any of you ladies fine the leather handle a bit hard to hold for long periods of time? I started using DH's size 39, and the leather handle makes my hand hurt after awhile, so I'm just wondering if it's the same thing on the size 31...
I have size 31 and I find it light. I also prefer mine hand held than shoulder held and it's still comfortable.

Yes, u can still take it apart but only mix and match it (leather top and canvas) with another Herbag zip (same size of course) It's not compatible with the old Herbag.
Nope, you can't detach the NEW Herbag zip. I've checked mine ( I have size 31, not sure with other sizes though) and even asked my SA about this so I'm sure you can't detach the canvas and leather top unlike the old models. The only removable part in the new herbag zip is the flat pouch inside. If it can't be detach like the old models then I need to know how it's done. lol

Last edited:
Nope, you can't detach the NEW Herbag zip. I've checked mine ( I have size 31, not sure with other sizes though) and even asked my SA about this so I'm sure you can't detach the canvas and leather top unlike the old models. The only removable part in the new herbag zip is the flat pouch inside. If it can't be detach like the old models then I need to know how it's done. lol

Yep - I can't detach my 31. You could probs disassemble the parts yourself (eek!), but the design intention isn't to do so as far as I know.

On another tangent, I spotted this 'all black' version recently and think I want it!blackherbag.png

Yep - I can't detach my 31. You could probs disassemble the parts yourself (eek!), but the design intention isn't to do so as far as I know.

On another tangent, I spotted this 'all black' version recently and think I want it!View attachment 3410930
oops, i read your comment wrong. lol! sorry! old age i guess, oh well... on the other hand, that black herbag is stunning!!! I've been chasing a black herbag for awhile now, but I have to pass as I've just purchased a new handbag last week. :sad: *sighs*
PS: I checked it online, it's gone! lol that was quick, someone snatched that herbag real quick! haha

Last edited:
oops, i read your comment wrong. lol! sorry! old age i guess, oh well... on the other hand, that black herbag is stunning!!! I've been chasing a black herbag for awhile now, but I have to pass as I've just purchased a new handbag last week. :sad: *sighs*
PS: I checked it online, it's gone! lol that was quick, someone snatched that herbag real quick! haha

Haha no probs - if I recall correctly, I have seen a pic of someone's disassembled Zip 31 (simply because they wanted to 'try') - I'll try to find it!

Yep - H Aust website items are gone within hours (sometimes within the hour...) - I saved that pic because I knew it would disappear asap. At least it appearing online gives me hope that it might again, and by then I'll be 'ready'! I'd love to see more colourways with the black hunter top - even etoupe!

I've detached mines a few times. U have to unscrew the other round end, then slip off the metal rod. This will separate the leather top part to the canvas. I sometimes, take the long strap out for a less casual look. Here's a pic without the strap. There's previous post on how to do it also. I bought my bag in sept 2014 so I think it's still very much similar to the current model. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468655915.767966.jpg

Check out pgs 22-24, it talks about interchanging. There's also pics and instructions to show how to take it apart.

Hi! I'm a newbie here. Can you help me to choose which one should i buy? The hermes herbag in blue izmir pm size or the noir/black herbag MM? Please enlighten me.. Thank you

Hi there - do you mean the zip 31/39? Assuming you like both colourways, I'd go the 31 - unless you want to carry a lot in the bag, and then I'd go 39. Either way, happy shopping!