Scarves Best scarf knots to show off contrast hems

Well, while experimenting with pocketbook pup's variation on the asymmetrical fold (i.e. grasping and pinching in the center before slinging around neck and casually tying in a single knot at front of neck), this happened! I thought I'd better secure the knot with a shawl ring, as I was afraid it might keep slipping open throughout the day. I slid the first end through (with a bit of difficultly because of the cascading folds) and then as I was pushing the second tail through, by chance, just before trying to squeeze that last bit through I noticed that I liked the effect created by not pulling all of the material through. Anyway, I thought it belonged on this thread, as I believe it does a very good job of showing off a contrast hem after all. I'll admit, the resulting knot was not the casual, I just threw this on vibe that I was going for, but I went with it nonetheless!
This is amazeballs! All you ladies on this thread are black belt scarfies. Seriously. Like Ph.D. Level. I'm learning so much!

These are great Bova!!

And speaking of Bova Inspiration, here's my humble Bova knot I mentioned earlier. You can see it highlights the contrast hem nicely I think.

View attachment 3261420
Gorgeous bova cowboy knot. Luv it

Thanks Bova! I had a good teacher! :hugs:

PS: I can totally see you in this cw of Legende Moghole. And Jan just happens to have it. :whistle:
You read my mind pirula, I did see it on her site...very tempting indeed. But, like you, I am trying to add my first mousseline to my collection. Decisions, decisions!!

This is amazeballs! All you ladies on this thread are black belt scarfies. Seriously. Like Ph.D. Level. I'm learning so much!
Awww, thank you dear MYH, I know I have had tremendous scarf tying inspiration from you!!

Well, while experimenting with pocketbook pup's variation on the asymmetrical fold (i.e. grasping and pinching in the center before slinging around neck and casually tying in a single knot at front of neck), this happened! I thought I'd better secure the knot with a shawl ring, as I was afraid it might keep slipping open throughout the day. I slid the first end through (with a bit of difficultly because of the cascading folds) and then as I was pushing the second tail through, by chance, just before trying to squeeze that last bit through I noticed that I liked the effect created by not pulling all of the material through. Anyway, I thought it belonged on this thread, as I believe it does a very good job of showing off a contrast hem after all. I'll admit, the resulting knot was not the casual, I just threw this on vibe that I was going for, but I went with it nonetheless!

This is glorious :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:!

Well, this is obviously limited to the ladies among us, but for my "money"...the contrast hem Hermes in the "Kelly" head wrap is a show stopper. As follows...

John in DFW

Attachments

• pic044a.jpg
    pic044a.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 396
I am just enchanted with this thread and started trying some of these for myself. I used a too-big Mai Tai shawl ring with my 90 last night, but I kind of had the idea, I think:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454732250.029321.jpg
I'll be back with this when I try it with the right size scarf ring.

Meanwhile I started playing around with my new gavroche, Cheval Surprise Coloriage:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454732469.305733.jpg
Pairing it with my blue Zebra Pegasus:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454732578.660248.jpg
The first was okay, but I really like this tie:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454732648.594641.jpg
If you're interested, here's how the two gavs looked when I took off the scarf ring (a black Mai Tai anneau infinity) and evened them up:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454732714.227752.jpg
I wasn't sure I could recreate it, but I think the untied photo will help. The two gavs are tied together behind my neck and each one is folded in half diagonally and then rolled loosely with the points outside. Each scarf is rolled in a different direction so the points will fluff out when the ring is on. I didn't pull the ZP all the way through the ring like I did the CSC, but I like the asymmetry -- it's really easy!

Last edited:

Gorgeous! What a scarf that CDC is!

I am just enchanted with this thread and started trying some of these for myself. I used a too-big Mai Tai shawl ring with my 90 last night, but I kind of had the idea, I think:
View attachment 3263866

Meanwhile I started playing around with my new gavroche, Cheval Surprise Coloriage:
View attachment 3263874
View attachment 3263875
View attachment 3263877
If you're interested, here's how the two gavs looked when I took off the scarf ring (a black Mai Tai anneau infinity) and evened them up:
View attachment 3263878
I'm not sure I can recreate it, but I think the untied photo will help. The two gavs are tied together behind my neck and each one is folded in half diagonally and then rolled loosely with the points outside. Each scarf is rolled in a different direction so the points will fluff out when the ring is on. I didn't pull the ZP all the way through the ring like I did the CSC, but I like the asymmetry -- it's really easy!
I really like it too! :woohoo:

View attachment 3263866

View attachment 3263874
View attachment 3263875
View attachment 3263877
View attachment 3263878
I wasn't sure I could recreate it, but I think the untied photo will help. The two gavs are tied together behind my neck and each one is folded in half diagonally and then rolled loosely with the points outside. Each scarf is rolled in a different direction so the points will fluff out when the ring is on. I didn't pull the ZP all the way through the ring like I did the CSC, but I like the asymmetry -- it's really easy!

I love this look together! You are so creative. I have the zp. Maybe I need a cheval surprise.

Thanks for starting this thread momasaurus! I love a contrast hem, and find that all of the knots already mentioned and pictured do work really well. I am attaching a couple of pictures of the knots already mentioned to give a visual. I think the way the one side fans out on arabesque's knot really showcases a contrast hem. Plus the pleated fold with a shawl ring or even just tied is one I use often, plus it is super easy. Pictured here on both a 90 and a 70! (of course the 70 is secured with a regular scarf ring). All archive pics...sorry :smile:

:ps:

Well, this is obviously limited to the ladies among us, but for my "money"...the contrast hem Hermes in the "Kelly" head wrap is a show stopper. As follows...

John in DFW

and looks so effortless

View attachment 3263866

View attachment 3263874
View attachment 3263875
View attachment 3263877
View attachment 3263878

CH gavs show off their edges so well, off the point but these 2 look great together too

View attachment 3263866

View attachment 3263874
View attachment 3263875
View attachment 3263877
View attachment 3263878
These are awesome abq2atl! And your new Cheval is really gorgeous. I may have to try one of these next time I'm in the boutique. You are very creative with your tying techniques!

Gorgeous! What a scarf that CDC is!
Thank you willstarveforLV, it is a great design for tying!

Thanks a bunch papertiger :flowers:

View attachment 3263866

View attachment 3263874
View attachment 3263875
View attachment 3263877
View attachment 3263878

Thank you abq2atl! These are all fabulous! I really must try the two Gavroche look....