Scarves Best scarf knots to show off contrast hems

Well, while experimenting with pocketbook pup's variation on the asymmetrical fold (i.e. grasping and pinching in the center before slinging around neck and casually tying in a single knot at front of neck), this happened! I thought I'd better secure the knot with a shawl ring, as I was afraid it might keep slipping open throughout the day. I slid the first end through (with a bit of difficultly because of the cascading folds) and then as I was pushing the second tail through, by chance, just before trying to squeeze that last bit through I noticed that I liked the effect created by not pulling all of the material through. Anyway, I thought it belonged on this thread, as I believe it does a very good job of showing off a contrast hem after all. I'll admit, the resulting knot was not the casual, I just threw this on vibe that I was going for, but I went with it nonetheless!

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 3,143
Well, while experimenting with pocketbook pup's variation on the asymmetrical fold (i.e. grasping and pinching in the center before slinging around neck and casually tying in a single knot at front of neck), this happened! I thought I'd better secure the knot with a shawl ring, as I was afraid it might keep slipping open throughout the day. I slid the first end through (with a bit of difficultly because of the cascading folds) and then as I was pushing the second tail through, by chance, just before trying to squeeze that last bit through I noticed that I liked the effect created by not pulling all of the material through. Anyway, I thought it belonged on this thread, as I believe it does a very good job of showing off a contrast hem after all. I'll admit, the resulting knot was not the casual, I just threw this on vibe that I was going for, but I went with it nonetheless!

Perfection

Wow, what a beautiful style. Great look!!!

Thanks for starting this thread momasaurus! I love a contrast hem, and find that all of the knots already mentioned and pictured do work really well. I am attaching a couple of pictures of the knots already mentioned to give a visual. I think the way the one side fans out on arabesque's knot really showcases a contrast hem. Plus the pleated fold with a shawl ring or even just tied is one I use often, plus it is super easy. Pictured here on both a 90 and a 70! (of course the 70 is secured with a regular scarf ring). All archive pics...sorry :smile:

These are great Bova!!

And speaking of Bova Inspiration, here's my humble Bova knot I mentioned earlier. You can see it highlights the contrast hem nicely I think.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454534276.595708.jpg

This is stunning dear Bova!! I have to try this!

Thanks for starting this thread momasaurus! I love a contrast hem, and find that all of the knots already mentioned and pictured do work really well. I am attaching a couple of pictures of the knots already mentioned to give a visual. I think the way the one side fans out on arabesque's knot really showcases a contrast hem. Plus the pleated fold with a shawl ring or even just tied is one I use often, plus it is super easy. Pictured here on both a 90 and a 70! (of course the 70 is secured with a regular scarf ring). All archive pics...sorry :smile:
Oh sweet!! But what do you mean, archival - isn't that last one the new 70 Savannah? I have my eye on that amazing border.

I love that first knot, not sure I can pull off the ruff look as well as you. I have some time tomorrow to try...

O. M. G. I love this so much! :ps: Twins on the scarf, but no way do I think I could replicate this knot. You didn't happen to have a video camera running, did you? :lol::lol:

Oh sweet!! But what do you mean, archival - isn't that last one the new 70 Savannah? I have my eye on that amazing border.

I love that first knot, not sure I can pull off the ruff look as well as you. I have some time tomorrow to try...

O. M. G. I love this so much! :ps: Twins on the scarf, but no way do I think I could replicate this knot. You didn't happen to have a video camera running, did you? :lol::lol:
Glad you like my posts on your thread momasaurus! I totally think you can pull off the ruffle look in that first picture, and yes, I guess the Savannah Dance is not exactly an archive photo!
As far as a video running on that "mistake" knot I wore today...ummm...sorry, but :lolots: In fact, I am not even sure if I'll be able to re-create it!!

Absolutely gorgeous, Bova! This is really beautiful -- thanks for sharing!