Scarves Best scarf knots to show off contrast hems

I am just enchanted with this thread and started trying some of these for myself. I used a too-big Mai Tai shawl ring with my 90 last night, but I kind of had the idea, I think:
View attachment 3263866
I'll be back with this when I try it with the right size scarf ring.

Meanwhile I started playing around with my new gavroche, Cheval Surprise Coloriage:
View attachment 3263874
Pairing it with my blue Zebra Pegasus:
View attachment 3263875
The first was okay, but I really like this tie:
View attachment 3263877
If you're interested, here's how the two gavs looked when I took off the scarf ring (a black Mai Tai anneau infinity) and evened them up:
View attachment 3263878
I wasn't sure I could recreate it, but I think the untied photo will help. The two gavs are tied together behind my neck and each one is folded in half diagonally and then rolled loosely with the points outside. Each scarf is rolled in a different direction so the points will fluff out when the ring is on. I didn't pull the ZP all the way through the ring like I did the CSC, but I like the asymmetry -- it's really easy!

What a great thread! I too love the contrast hems.

ABQ2ATL you're killing me with that cheval surprise remix!! I have the same ZP gavroche and how you pair them here is just gorgeous, GORGEOUS!! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::tup::tup:!

Here's my pathetic attempt at cavalla' pleated knot. Her ring must be wider. I can't get it through an anneau infinity. Off to my belated birthday dinner with the boys and Savana Dance.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454799057.764591.jpg

I am just enchanted with this thread and started trying some of these for myself. I used a too-big Mai Tai shawl ring with my 90 last night, but I kind of had the idea, I think:
View attachment 3263866
I'll be back with this when I try it with the right size scarf ring.

Meanwhile I started playing around with my new gavroche, Cheval Surprise Coloriage:
View attachment 3263874
Pairing it with my blue Zebra Pegasus:
View attachment 3263875
The first was okay, but I really like this tie:
View attachment 3263877
If you're interested, here's how the two gavs looked when I took off the scarf ring (a black Mai Tai anneau infinity) and evened them up:
View attachment 3263878
I wasn't sure I could recreate it, but I think the untied photo will help. The two gavs are tied together behind my neck and each one is folded in half diagonally and then rolled loosely with the points outside. Each scarf is rolled in a different direction so the points will fluff out when the ring is on. I didn't pull the ZP all the way through the ring like I did the CSC, but I like the asymmetry -- it's really easy!

I love this scarf and love the way you arranged it even more. How creative and beautiful!

Here's my pathetic attempt at cavalla' pleated knot. Her ring must be wider. I can't get it through an anneau infinity. Off to my belated birthday dinner with the boys and Savana Dance.

View attachment 3264630

Pirula, happy birthday and you look beautiful and elegant here! I love your whole outfit. The scarf ring I used is usually a tad snug as well which I find it a good thing because the pleats will stay put therefore you get to shape the pleats the way you want and shows the "flower" more. That's my little secret. ;)

Pirula, happy birthday and you look beautiful and elegant here! I love your whole outfit. The scarf ring I used is usually a tad snug as well which I find it a good thing because the pleats will stay put therefore you get to shape the pleats the way you want and shows the "flower" more. That's my little secret. ;)

Hi! And thanks!

May I ask what ring it was? Because not even one side of the pleated scarf fit the anneau infinity. The half tie stayed put all night though! I was shocked!

Hi everybody! I tried the asymmetric knot again today, bringing the center section together in my hand the way PbP suggested. Much better. It's still not cascade-y/waterfall-y like hers, but I'll play with varying side lengths etc. It definitely shows off the hem though.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455138489.929346.jpg

Hi everybody! I tried the asymmetric knot again today, bringing the center section together in my hand the way PbP suggested. Much better. It's still not cascade-y/waterfall-y like hers, but I'll play with varying side lengths etc. It definitely shows off the hem though.

View attachment 3268872
Gorgeous pirula! Too funny, I am wearing my Sieste today as well, also tied in a way to show off the hem, but it does kind of blend with my sweater I'm afraid!

Attachments

• IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 246
Gorgeous pirula! Too funny, I am wearing my Sieste today as well, also tied in a way to show off the hem, but it does kind of blend with my sweater I'm afraid!

Thanks Bova! Hey that looks great! Is that just folded in half then again ( in other words just unfolded from square in box) and tied round? I like! This cw is also spectacular. The purple hem is To Die.

Thanks Bova! Hey that looks great! Is that just folded in half then again ( in other words just unfolded from square in box) and tied round? I like! This cw is also spectacular. The purple hem is To Die.
Thanks Pirula! It is just the pleated fold that Maitai uses on her site. I do try to pleat as best I can, but the pleats often don't stay, but regardless, just tying around my neck in the double knot works out pretty well. I will say that because of the weight of the knot this will continually slip to the front/center, and I prefer it would stay to the side, but oh well :shrugs: