Bags you lust after but can't bring yourself to buy

Yes, reeeeaaaalllly!:biggrin:::graucho:

Prices vary as does condition, of course, but given that a Reissue 227 is now, what, $6K? you can definitely get a vintage K in that range. And you will have to pay Hermes to refurbish the bag, but yes, they will do it regardless of the age of the bag or whether or not you were the original owner (in fact, one way of authenticating a bag is to send it to "spa," because the craftsperson will deny an inauthentic bag).

Enabled, yet? :P :graucho::cool:

YES!!! OMG! Happy Dance! You have brought joy to my heart and undoubtedly a resigned groan to my husband.

The hunt is on!

Great idea!!

I am also surprised that Celine comes up a lot in this thread. For me, it is also the Celine Phantom. I loved that bag since the moment it was released. But I worry if it is classic enough. I am also hesitating because of the price and the weight. Sigh...Such a beautiful bag though!

Reeeeeaaaally?!? (She says with a wicked gleam in her eye)

As I mentioned on another post, the only Hermes I like is the Kelly. I just assumed it any model I would want was $5figures and to me that is moving into jewelry (my true addiction) territory, not handbag land. Buuuuuut, if I can snag a better quality, vintage Kelly instead of the Chanel Boys I'm eyeballing...

Never say never!! LOL!

Does Hermes do refurbishing of vintage Kelly's? (Gotta ask since it's rumored Chanel is no longer doing so.)

I almost spit out my juice I was laughing so hard at this. YES. +1!!! ROFL!!! I'm still fainting. I'm ear blind at hearing $65k for a bag! Yay for those who are able / willing! I'll happily admire from a plausible-deniability-to-any-damage distance.

every time I think about this my knees get weak. Like what "real person" can afford this?! I mean I know there are plenty of billionaires [or even millionaires] that this is just a drop in the bucket, but I figure, even with that kind of money, $65k has to seem like a lot for a handbag.

Lord transport me to a time and place where I'm so filthy rich, and have so much disposable income that I can drop $65k on a bag like it's $65. Heck, I am thinking for over a year if it's $6,500. add another "0" and I'm completely out of the game.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
A Hermès Victoria in Rouge H. Even though it´s "only" 3.300 Euro, but I have all my bag bases covered for now so I can´t rationalize blowing one-third of a new Toyota Yaris´ price on it

Chanel Boy and Hermes Kelly. I just can't justify the amount, especially after getting so many Chanels in the past few years. I saw the price of the Boy go steadily up and now I would rather use that money towards my family or jewelry. And there's no way I would spend over 10k on a bag. It just wouldn't make sense for me.

Hermes vintage Kelly in box leather. I love the look but I just can't deal with the characters of the leather.

And also the Hermes Constance. I love how it looks on others but it just doesn't look right on me.

Chanel Boy and Hermes Kelly. I just can't justify the amount, especially after getting so many Chanels in the past few years. I saw the price of the Boy go steadily up and now I would rather use that money towards my family or jewelry. And there's no way I would spend over 10k on a bag. It just wouldn't make sense for me.
I feel the same about the Boy! I love the black leather/gold hardware combo, but at these prices, I could not justify it! It already costs more than my HG bag, the Jumbo, which I purchased two years ago. I told myself that I would never spend that kind of money on a bag again (it was 3450 Euros in 2013 and the boy is 3750 now). Makes it even more special to me! ;)

I feel the same about the Boy! I love the black leather/gold hardware combo, but at these prices, I could not justify it! It already costs more than my HG bag, the Jumbo, which I purchased two years ago. I told myself that I would never spend that kind of money on a bag again (it was 3450 Euros in 2013 and the boy is 3750 now). Makes it even more special to me! ;)

Totally hearing you. My reissue and jumbo both were my most expensive bag purchases and now that the Boy is the same price (just about) I can't spend the same amount or more on it when the classic was less. At least I could justify the classic flap (timeless, sturdy, leather lined).

Hermès Kelly Bag - I'd like to have one for my "older" years as a really classy business-approved bag. But I don't think I'll ever pay the prices Hermès takes now.
My Mom got her Birkin years ago for half the price it is now. :-s

Stella McCartney Falabella 3 chains - I love it so much, but I am not sure about the weight...and I don't know if this is a bag I still like when I'm 40+...

Hermes vintage Kelly in box leather. I love the look but I just can't deal with the characters of the leather.

And also the Hermes Constance. I love how it looks on others but it just doesn't look right on me.

I had my box bags waterproofed using the 'famous Doc method'. It makes such a difference to be able to actually use them, without having an apoplexy every time it rains. Also my beloved chocolate box plume was badly scratched when going through the conveyor belt at French customs. After docs method, the scratch seems to be gone, so not so bad.:smile: