Bags you lust after but can't bring yourself to buy

I had my box bags waterproofed using the 'famous Doc method'. It makes such a difference to be able to actually use them, without having an apoplexy every time it rains. Also my beloved chocolate box plume was badly scratched when going through the conveyor belt at French customs. After docs method, the scratch seems to be gone, so not so bad.:smile:

I got caught in a very heavy shower recently with no coat or umbrella and a 5 min dash to the car. My box calf bag was very wet by the time I reached it and my heart sank - but I wiped off the raindrops straight away with tissues and left it alone to dry and its absolutely fine, no marks at all. I'm not going to go out in a thunderstorm with it, naturally, but I won't panic if I'm caught again :smile:

Bags I lusted after, but couldn't bring myself to buy:

Céline nano luggage
Chanel WOC
Chloe Marcie
Dior Lady Dior
Gucci Diamante bucket bag
Gucci Daily Shoulder bag
Louis Vuitton Delightful
Louis Vuitton Noe
Louis Vuitton Pallas
Fendi By the Way
Fendi Crystal-Croc-Tail Backpack
Fendi Fendista Pochette bag
Valentino Logo-go bag
Valentino Rockstud Camera Bag

I think that's all I can remember. Lol

Bags I lusted after, but couldn't bring myself to buy:

Céline nano luggage
Chanel WOC
Chloe Marcie
Dior Lady Dior
Gucci Diamante bucket bag
Gucci Daily Shoulder bag
Louis Vuitton Delightful
Louis Vuitton Noe
Louis Vuitton Pallas
Fendi By the Way
Fendi Crystal-Croc-Tail Backpack
Fendi Fendista Pochette bag
Valentino Logo-go bag
Valentino Rockstud Camera Bag

I think that's all I can remember. Lol

Can I ask why you included the LV Delightful on your list?

I like the look and idea of Chanel bags (classic and reissues) and have actually owned them (black, red, blue, beige claire, light gray, dark gray, green tweed) but they have not felt right on me. Knowing this, I just won't buy one anymore even though I am sorely tempted.

I have wanted a pistachio-green Twiggy by Balenciaga since 2004. I occasionally see them pop up on ebay, but I always find an excuse not to buy it.

Also, a new Annabelle by Kathryn Allen Couture. Her bags are handmade in California, the hardware is made in Italy and you get to work directly with Kathryn to design your handbag. The details that go into her handbags are simply amazing. I received one of her handbags as a gift and it is my prized possession. I would love to add to my KAC collection!

I could never bring myself to buy these bags because of the price
- Hermes Kelly
- Chanel Classic Flap M/L
- Chanel Classic WOC
- Dior Diorissimo

I also always wanted a Balenciaga but the fading of the colour has always put me off

I started thinking about this because for me that bag is Celine Nano Luggage. I love love love how this bag looks in pictures and on other people. But as soon as I touched it and felt how hard it was at the store, I couldn't bring myself to buy it (I'm more of a soft leather gal myself, whether the bag is structured or not).

I STILL think about the Celine Nano though. Such a beautiful bag, looks so perfect.

Sigh.

So how about you? What bag do you like in pictures or on others but can't buy for yourself and what is putting you off?

The latest Louis Vuitton Pouchette Felicie, over a thousand dollars.

Chanel flap- so classic and elegant and something I SHOULD have in my collection... but too small and the chain and lambskin are kind of fussy for my lifestyle. Honestly though the price is the major deterrent, for something that is not a daily bag. If it were under 3k, I would probably buy it.

Celine luggage- gorgeous but heavy, too formal, and no shoulder strap.

Celine belt-love the look but not sure about the clasp and whether this is a practical bag to own in my area (where T shirts denim shorts and flip flops reign) or for someone planning on kids soon. I'm still in denial about this and still believe I will own one one day in the right color.

Lady Dior - soooo cute but too dressy for me.

Gucci disco - kind of the opposite of lust, but I keep going back to it. I should love this bag because it would be the easiest crossbody bag for my lifestyle, but I have a mental block with those big GGs, and I was underwhelmed when I tried it on.

Same goes re the GG for the Gucci marmont bags. I love the matelasse leather! I just can't with the big gold GGs. That's silly because I wear LV monogram, but I feel that monogram and damier canvas are more subtle than the GG hardware.

Probably a LV Tivoli PM. I want that bag really bad, but because I have not seen it in person or carried it myself, I hear that it is pretty heavy just by itself. The fact that it is discontinued even makes it more desirable, but I just can't carry a bag that is heavy just by itself. My old Koobas are heavy enough to make me know better.