Bags you lust after but can't bring yourself to buy

Probably the Hermes Birkin. I think if the timing and price were right, I'd pop for a Kelly bag though. But chances are if ever I do, it'll be along the same lines as my Capucines - wait until I find the one I want pre-loved. Still a lot of money, but........

I'm glad I got my LV Speedy a few years ago (after wanting one for years before then) as I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay the current price for such a simple purse. $1,000 is probably my limit for anything as I'd be too worried about damaging it or being a target for theft.

Fendi mini 3Jours. I was really excited when this bag was first shown in the Resort 2016 collection. The silhouette is lovely albeit trendy, and I was hoping that due to the smaller size, the price would be more tolerable for a "for now" handbag (which would be worn for at least four years, given my habits). The bag recently hit the websites for Saks, etc., and unfortunately, IMHO, it's a few hundred dollars more than it should be. The mini versions of the 2Jours and By the Way are under $2K, but $2450 for a mini 3Jours? Sigh.

I definitely want a Kelly in 28 or 32, but in the right leather. During a recent trip to NYC, I handled two in a consignment shop and decided that (1) I don't want a K for its own sake, and (2) for that price point, the leather should make me melt with joy. Pressed/embossed leather doesn't do it for me, so the search continues... :smile:

Hermes leather Kelly and Birkin range from $9K-$12K new from the boutique, not 20K.

I think it also depends on the area where you live, Hermes anything is still a rare sighting for me and I live in a major metro city in the NE. Perhaps in NY and on the West Coast or in parts of Europe they are more abundant but I own both bags and never feel like I see them coming and going.

I was thinking more Birkin exotic skin with that price [and they can go well beyond $25k]

but even at $9k, which would be the bottom of the line, most basic, and smallest bag, I'm still not going to pull the trigger haha.

I was thinking more Birkin exotic skin with that price [and they can go well beyond $25k]

but even at $9k, which would be the bottom of the line, most basic, and smallest bag, I'm still not going to pull the trigger haha.

totally understand, actually a brand new crocodile Birkin in the most popular size 35cm is $65,000 :faint: I got to try one one and I was worried about sweating on it!

but I have to say as the owner of a lovely vintage Birkin that I bought for the same price as a new Chanel Boy Bag, they are heavenly and so incredibly well made even in the "basic" leather ;)

totally understand, actually a brand new crocodile Birkin in the most popular size 35cm is $65,000 :faint: I got to try one one and I was worried about sweating on it!

but I have to say as the owner of a lovely vintage Birkin that I bought for the same price as a new Chanel Boy Bag, they are heavenly and so incredibly well made even in the "basic" leather ;)

$65k that costs as much as my car [can't find the faint emoticon, but let's pretend that's here]. O-M-G.... like OH MY GOD....I know they cost a lot, and pretty sure I've heard this price before...and most likely actually fainted.

I would've been too scared to even touch it. I would be like, I'll just view it thru the glass thank you!! I don't even want to BREATHE on it. I do NOT have a spare $65k to drop because a shingle is out of place hahaha

ITA, MrsO! Being willing to go vintage makes a huge difference. You can get a vintage boxcalf Kelly for about the same price as a new Chanel classic. Given that the vintage craftsmanship was supreme, and that box can be refurbished to look almost new ... well, let's just say I am not planning on any new Chanels at this point!

ITA, MrsO! Being willing to go vintage makes a huge difference. You can get a vintage boxcalf Kelly for about the same price as a new Chanel classic. Given that the vintage craftsmanship was supreme, and that box can be refurbished to look almost new ... well, let's just say I am not planning on any new Chanels at this point!

Reeeeeaaaally?!? (She says with a wicked gleam in her eye)

As I mentioned on another post, the only Hermes I like is the Kelly. I just assumed it any model I would want was $5figures and to me that is moving into jewelry (my true addiction) territory, not handbag land. Buuuuuut, if I can snag a better quality, vintage Kelly instead of the Chanel Boys I'm eyeballing...

Never say never!! LOL!

Does Hermes do refurbishing of vintage Kelly's? (Gotta ask since it's rumored Chanel is no longer doing so.)

$65k that costs as much as my car [can't find the faint emoticon, but let's pretend that's here]. O-M-G.... like OH MY GOD....I know they cost a lot, and pretty sure I've heard this price before...and most likely actually fainted.

I would've been too scared to even touch it. I would be like, I'll just view it thru the glass thank you!! I don't even want to BREATHE on it. I do NOT have a spare $65k to drop because a shingle is out of place hahaha

I almost spit out my juice I was laughing so hard at this. YES. +1!!! ROFL!!! I'm still fainting. I'm ear blind at hearing $65k for a bag! Yay for those who are able / willing! I'll happily admire from a plausible-deniability-to-any-damage distance.

Reeeeeaaaally?!? (She says with a wicked gleam in her eye)

As I mentioned on another post, the only Hermes I like is the Kelly. I just assumed it any model I would want was $5 figures and to me that is jewelry (my true addiction) territory, not handbag land. Buuuuuut, if I can snag a better quality, vintage Kelly instead of the Chanel Boys I'm eyeballing...

Never say never!! LOL!

Does Hermes do refurbishing of vintage Kelly's? (Gotta ask since it's rumored Chanel is no longer doing so.)

Yes, reeeeaaaalllly!:biggrin:::graucho:

Prices vary as does condition, of course, but given that a Reissue 227 is now, what, $6K? you can definitely get a vintage K in that range. And you will have to pay Hermes to refurbish the bag, but yes, they will do it regardless of the age of the bag or whether or not you were the original owner (in fact, one way of authenticating a bag is to send it to "spa," because the craftsperson will deny an inauthentic bag).

Enabled, yet? :P :graucho::cool: