Bags you lust after but can't bring yourself to buy

Chanel Boy.. cos at that price point, I’ll need to grow old with it and I cant imagine so.
Celine Belt bag... that two “feelers” thingy that hang past the bottom of the bag, it always looks kinda wonky..

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I have always wanted a MJ Stam, who knows why. They are dirt cheap on resale sites right now but I can’t bring myself to actually buy one because I know I would hate the stiff structure and heavy shoulder chain. But every time I see one on tRR or similar, I pop it into my cart, where it sits unloved until the cart expires.

I've always loved those bags. Like you, for reasons I don't understand. Yet...I still can't bring myself to buy one...even though they are like you say dirt cheap on the resale sites. The low prices are amazing when you consider how much they retailed for just a few years ago and how popular they were. But they were a bag whose name kept appearing in those threads titled "What bag do you most regret buying?" because of the chain, the heaviness, and the limited carrying capacity. If I had one I probably wouldn't carry it much. Still, they keep calling...

I own a small Stam which is really not an everyday bag. It looks big on the outside but is actually really small on the inside. I mostly use it for nights out with my husband. The chain is heavy, but I adore that little bag. I bought it on sale from TheRealReal for $76. It still had the protective stickers on the zipper and the clasp. It was in brand new condition without a blemish. I can’t even fathom trying to carry a regular sized one.

Back to the topic. I adore the Hermes Toolbox, but the thought of spending that much money on a handbag makes me sick to my stomach.

I like the marmont and sylvie bags from Gucci but can't seem to wear them. I look terrible wearing the gold chain on the marmont and just can't seem to pull off the casual cool vibe that Sylvie bag exhibits. So i continue to admire them from afar and on others' arms..

Great thread! I've got a lot of bags that I almost purchased or loved so much I thought I'd buy but never pulled the trigger -
  1. Bottega Veneta Veneta bag
  2. Celine Trio (I already have 3 Celines but can't ever pull the trigger on this one)
  3. Chanel Boy bag (Saw one I liked, tried it on but went to Dior and fell in love with the Diorama)
  4. Goyard St. Louis MM (I can never purchase as I keep thinking that's too much for canvas, lol! Just checked my ever-changing lust list and determined this bag has been on the list since September 2011 *gasp*)
  5. LV Epi Petit Noe
  6. LV Mono Saumur (It seems like it would be my style but I'm never able to purchase)

A neverfull in DA.

I already have tote bags
I don’t like brown so will eventually dislike the vachetta
I prefer leather to canvas
I don’t like gold hardware

Why is it still on my wish list 5 years later :facepalm:

Lady Dior in a pale pink. It's so pretty but a bit too elegant for me and too expensive . also when I looked at a brand new one one in store the handle had a huge scratch in the leather which kind of put me off.

I remember way back when I first thought of getting a Jumbo or a M/L, they were 3-4k CDN...not the 9k monstrosities they are now. :sad:

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. But, didn't. I was in undergrad and 4k was a lot of money back then.
I love the cute mini vanity cases and other smaller flap bags. I tried on a patent peacock teal flap bag and it was very nice, but it didn't fit in my wardrobe or bag collection. Like a lot of people, the Chanel CF got me into handbags. I bought a Kate Spade Natalia instead and I have to say, I love it a lot.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Lady Dior in a pale pink. It's so pretty but a bit too elegant for me and too expensive . also when I looked at a brand new one one in store the handle had a huge scratch in the leather which kind of put me off.
I would only get one secondhand. For most brands, it's always a better deal to get a good condition one secondhand. I have saved so much money buying secondhand.

• Insightful
Reactions: A bottle of Red