Bags you lust after but can't bring yourself to buy

Lejic

Jul 5, 2015
I started thinking about this because for me that bag is Celine Nano Luggage. I love love love how this bag looks in pictures and on other people. But as soon as I touched it and felt how hard it was at the store, I couldn't bring myself to buy it (I'm more of a soft leather gal myself, whether the bag is structured or not).

I STILL think about the Celine Nano though. Such a beautiful bag, looks so perfect.

Sigh.

So how about you? What bag do you like in pictures or on others but can't buy for yourself and what is putting you off?

Bags I lust after but can't bring myself to buy...end up being the ones that haunt me for ages.
It's that simple. Several times, I skipped the chance to get a really good deal on the Longchamp Roseau. Last year, FINALLY, I found one that was both a reasonable price and NWT so I pounced. I haven't had many chances to use it but I love it and it's going to stay with me for a loooong time. Other bags I haven't been lucky enough to find again after losing my chance with them...some still bug the h*ll out of me, some I've moved on from.

For me it was the Céline micro luggage. I couldn't justify the cost but it never left my mind. I finally bought it just recently but at a much greater cost. That will teach me to wait!

I am lusting over celine phantom in black croc. But I can't bring myself to buy it because I am not so sure about the weight, no zipper and price. Also I don't have that much money to spare. I will normally buy bags that has a resell value so in case I do not like it after using it, I am not losing the whole lot of money.

I will splurge if I know the bag has 3-4 ways to carry it. even thought I lose the love to it, it still has its practicality charm.

Reactions: eunaddict
I lust after Prada handbags, but I have heard too many horror stories about Prada's quality and poor Customer Services.

I also lust badly over LV Monogram bags such as Neverfull, Sully and Metis. I used to own LV Monogram pieces but sold them because I felt self conscious carrying mono pieces around, but now find myself lusting over them again. I just love how the monogram pieces age and how they look with nice even patina. I think I need to just buy one piece and just keep it this time and use from day one!

Great thread!

I have a couple: The Louis Vuitton Sofia Coppola bag. Love the look, the vibe, the quality of the leather, but the shoulder strap kills it for me. It's too short and not adjustable. Why on earth they didn't make a duffle that could be worn cross-body -- or even with a strap that could be adjusted for length for different body types -- is beyond me.

The other one that comes to mind is the Givenchy Pandora. Love the look and it's one of the few truly innovative bags to come out in recent years. But somehow it's just not "me." Love it on others, appreciate the design, but somehow, on me it just doesn't look right.

Good idea for a thread!

I think I have four main ones:

1) Celine micro luggage - I've wanted one since they were launched but I know the weight will drive me mad. I also don't do hand-held bags.

2) Louis Vuitton Speedy - I've wanted one since I was a teen (I'm now knocking on 40's door) but hand-held bags don't suit my lifestyle. Thought the Speedy B 25 might work for me, but have been put off by complaints about the small opening and how the bags in general are like a black hole. It's still on my LV wishlist on the website [emoji1]

3) Prada Saffiano Tote - Almost bought this a couple of times over the past three years, but accounts of poor quality stopped me going ahead. I still go to the website to look at photos of these bags though [emoji5]️

4) Hermès Kelly - I've wanted one since I was 15 but it's just not practical. The cost per wear ratio would really bother me (I'm the daughter of an accountant!). Maybe when I'm older and have stopped working?

Chanel Classic M/L Double Flap; it's a gorgeous bag but I don't like quilted leather and chain straps don't suit me. Maybe as a graduation gift to myself in the spring or something because it's something I need to think about and I'd probably purchase it just for the sake of owning one.

I would really love a YSL clutch or luxury evening type bag in black and gold, but knowing that I will likely only wear it at dinner parties and such makes me think twice. It would be great to wear something like that daily but it won't hold much.

Def filed under that heading

1. Celine Luggage - the time has been and gone

2. H Birkin - I wanted one while I was a teen but they are everywhere , I literally sighed when asked if I wanted one but I'd never use it. The right time would have been more than 10 years ago

3. Peek-a-boo. When Fendi get it right, they really do but although I identify with the bag itself I don't fit with the people who tend to own them

4 & 5 I love both Celine Box and H Constance - I just keep seeing my mother (who actually had a H Constance)

I just realised I've secretly been lusting after a Mulberry Alexa. I love the look of both Mini and Regular, but there's just too much wrong with the design; too many locks and therefore too much work to open and close. Too much slouch - although I love the look of a slouchy bag, I hate digging after everything in the midst of all that slouch. I know a Samorga liner will help with keeping things in place, still...too expensive for the trouble it would cause owning one.

Hermes Kelly bags. I so love the look of them, especially in vintage boxcalf. I'm pretty sure though that they would sit unused, the structure and shape just don't mesh with my wardrobe and lifestyle.

Same goes for the Louis Vuitton Speedy. I really really wanted one in my teens, it has remained an unfulfilled dream. But as with the Kelly, it just doesn't fit with my real adult life.