Do Chanel shoes run true to size?

I'm eyeing my first pair of chanel ballerinas. I haven't got the time to go to the store as yet and need some guideline. I wear 6.5 for ferragamo. Both heels and flats. What's the likely size for chanel? Thanks.

I'm 7 in Ferragamo and 38 in Chanel. Never never stretch them professionally! I learned it through the hard way...the shoes went out of shape and overtime they became even loose and eventually even insoles didn't work. An expensive mistake but luckily I could still wear them when I was pregnant and had swollen feet.

Now I just stretch them at home with thin socks and with a leather expansion spray.

I'm eyeing my first pair of chanel ballerinas. I haven't got the time to go to the store as yet and need some guideline. I wear 6.5 for ferragamo. Both heels and flats. What's the likely size for chanel? Thanks.
I don't wear ferragamo, but I've had my mother try on Ferragamo Varas in 6D (they were too big lengthwise) and Chanel lambskin ballet flats in 36B and 36.5B (36 was the perfect length, but the width was too tight). So she is probably a 5.5D in the Varas and 36C in Chanel. My guess is that you would be a 37 in Chanel, but perhaps someone else can chime in on this issue.

Thank you very much carebearz and calliesun.

So my Ferragamo 6.5 is considered US or UK or euro sizing? My Louboutin is 37.5 so again what kind of sizing is this? So Chanel is what sizing too? Yeek sorry I'm not good at this so need some help.

I didn't know Chanel comes in width option (as I've read here like 36C). So do you mean there's also A B C D for Chanel? My country only carries D (or sometimes M for some models) for Ferragamo and all my shoes from them are D but I feel I will fit better in C.

Reactions: ilysukixD

So my Ferragamo 6.5 is considered US or UK or euro sizing? My Louboutin is 37.5 so again what kind of sizing is this? So Chanel is what sizing too? Yeek sorry I'm not good at this so need some help.

I didn't know Chanel comes in width option (as I've read here like 36C). So do you mean there's also A B C D for Chanel? My country only carries D (or sometimes M for some models) for Ferragamo and all my shoes from them are D but I feel I will fit better in C.
I agree that all the different shoe sizing makes shopping very tricky! Ferragamo does use european sizing as far as I know, but they also convert it to US sizing on the website here in the US. If your country does convert Ferragamo sizes to UK that would mean you are a US size 9 (according to the ferragamo website). This would mean your european size is 39.5 (again, according to ferragamo). But given that you wear a size 37.5 in Louboutins (which sounds like a european size and I'm assuming Louboutin like Jimmy Choo runs small) it sounds like you are a US size 6.5 and european 37.

It is also my understanding that Chanel usually comes in width B, but also comes in width C in some shoes. I think width C is more readily available in Asia but can't confirm as I have never shopped for Chanel there. I have never heard of Chanel shoes in width A or D, but perhaps they do exist . . .

Hope that helps! I think you should try Chanel in 37B or 37C.

A 6.5 is in US sizing. In Ferragamo, I take a 7.5 US. Chanel espadrilles only come in whole sizes so I would wear a US 8. In French sizing this equals size 39. This is different from Italian sizing in which a US 8 equals size 38. HTH.

Omg when did Italy sizing come in? Haaa I appreciate all your kind sharing. I will make a trip to the store to find out in due time.

European sizing differs between countries. For example, a US size 8 is not the same European size in both France & Italy. I didn't know this until I did some research. That's why I brought it up. Good luck finding your perfect size!

I've been wearing Chanel shoes for many many years. I'm a US 7.5. In the cap toe ballerina flats I used to consistently wear a 38.5!

But now, I've found that I MUST try them on prior to purchase, or in the case of buying pre-loved I must be able to return.

It seems that I wear a different size in every different type of Chanel shoe. Sometimes it's a 38, or a 38.5, or who knows? The sizing seems to be all over the place.

Has anyone else experienced this too?

No big deal, I just try before I buy now because I love Chanel shoes! :heart:

I have the same question

I'm 36.5 for most Chanel shoes but it seems 15S patent flats run large. Is that true? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1433722296.733661.jpg

I've been wearing Chanel shoes for many many years. I'm a US 7.5. In the cap toe ballerina flats I used to consistently wear a 38.5!

But now, I've found that I MUST try them on prior to purchase, or in the case of buying pre-loved I must be able to return.

It seems that I wear a different size in every different type of Chanel shoe. Sometimes it's a 38, or a 38.5, or who knows? The sizing seems to be all over the place.

Has anyone else experienced this too?

No big deal, I just try before I buy now because I love Chanel shoes! :heart:

I just went to Chanel store. Only tried few ballerinas and some are 37.5 and some fit better in 38. So indeed good to try first as different cut fits differently.

I have the same question

I'm 36.5 for most Chanel shoes but it seems 15S patent flats run large. Is that true? View attachment 3024004

Yes, I believe that it is true. I could always count on the 38.5 fitting my 7.5 foot, but after 15S, that is no longer the case.

Now with the 15S I may now wear a 38 instead of a 38.5, so they still run "small" to my regular 7.5 size, just not as small.

This is why I posted. Folks need to know!