Do Chanel shoes run true to size?

I'm usually a 36 in most brands like balenciaga and gucci, I want to buy my first pair of Chanel ballet flats but can't go into the store to try them on :sad: should I stick with my usual size or order up?
s-l1600.jpg

These are the flats I'd be purchasing

Hi, I have held off for ages in buying Chanel flats for the same reason. I wear a 39/39.5 in normal high street shoes, but a 39.5/40 in Jimmy Choo and a 40 in Louboutin, so was really nervous about buying without trying. I finally made it to a boutique and found I am a 39.5 in the cap toe ballets and a 40 in their pointier shoes. Not sure if that helps at all, but the points were pretty narrow and I half sized up. I just bought a vintage pair of captoes off ebay so when they arrive I will be able to say more if it's consistent across the older shoes too!

hi everyone,

looking for some sizing help here! i also posted in the shoes forum - looking for all the help i can get.

i am a true us 7.5 in shoes. i tried a pair of quilted suede ballet flats in both sizes 37.5 and 38. i was slipping out of the 38 when i was walking around in the store and they were all around a little too wide and long. at first when i tried on the 37.5 - it felt like the perfect fit but after a few minutes they felt a little tight on my right foot (left side is almost perfect fit). the width everywhere else is good but the toe box felt a little tight and and the top of my big toe felt a little uncomfortable (i guess because it was touching the the top of the shoe). the SA said i should go with the 37.5 as i was slipping out of the 38s and she said they would stretch. and even a cobbler could stretch it out a little.

question is - will these stretch in the toe box? im sure they will because they are suede all shoes end up stretching after a few wears but would like to know your experiences.

thanks so much!

Hi, I just had the same experience and trusted the SA. I've bought one pair of 39.5 in store and one that I'm hopping to have authenticated (the authenticator seems busy, love her, but am hoping she considers me today!). The ones from the store have already given quite considerably but I did spray them with a high quality leather stretcher and wore thick socks around my house for a few hours. That worked a charm! Recommended by my awesome cobbler who is an Italian shoe maker who has moved to the UK. Hope it helps you decide!

If you havent tried them on, there is no way to know what size you will be or if the shoes are even right for your foot. The shoe guy at the madison avenue store explained it to me and showed me with three pairs of ballerinas that I needed 3 different sizes for.

I have been buying Chanel lambskin ballerina flats for over 30 years and they sizes change all the time as they constantly tweak the toe cap!
I generally wear a 39.5 in Chanel ballerinas as I have full inserts in both shoes for the past 25 years. Recently I tried in the new quilted ballerinas in store as they are "quilted"- yes, I have been waiting along time for these babies! I am sad to report that I could not make them fit on my fit and can't endure the pain of hoping they will stretch....So sad... Really heartbroken over it...

The stretching- professional and on my own does work for the lambskin, not tweed or patent...in my view...

It is the real reason we see them on eBay all the time as the stretching did not work and the cost is too high to let it sit in your closet. It is why I sell mine from time to time...

I'm looking to purchase a pair of chanel canvas espadrilles second hand. i have lambskin and had to size up on those
i was wondering for people who have lambskin and the canvas how the canvas espadrilles run?

Hi, I just had the same experience and trusted the SA. I've bought one pair of 39.5 in store and one that I'm hopping to have authenticated (the authenticator seems busy, love her, but am hoping she considers me today!). The ones from the store have already given quite considerably but I did spray them with a high quality leather stretcher and wore thick socks around my house for a few hours. That worked a charm! Recommended by my awesome cobbler who is an Italian shoe maker who has moved to the UK. Hope it helps you decide!
Which leather stretcher did you use? I have a pair of flats I need to stretch!

Went to the store a few days ago and tried all sorts of shoes. With the lamb leather ballerinas I have my usual size, the quilted ones I need a full size bigger. Sneakers run really big in my opinion…..
Slingbacks I have my usual size.

• Insightful
Reactions: lunabear101