Authenticate This! jewelry or Seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for only showing up now! Wow, what a chaos I have stirred up...My sincere apologies for not introducing myself any earlier, and many heartfelt thanks to those of you who stood up for me.

As stated in my first post, I am a seller on a few online markets, and I sell ONLY Tiffany jewelries. Although I only started the business some 2 years back, but I have handled more than 400 pieces to date (and have scrutinized thousands of pre-used Tiffany, from photos), and I study extensively about both fake and genuine Tiffany so as to be sure to sell only the authentic ones in my store. I visit Tiffany stores every now and then, pretty often I would say, to check out the details (especially the hallmarks!) and get a better feel of the real stuff. I also spend many hours studying counterfeits sold in stores that specialize in fake Tiffany because that's the most direct way to learn about your enemy. What took me here is exactly the desire to learn more about authentication; while I know a few lines very well (including Elsa Peretti's collection), there are still many out there that I have yet to learn how to judge, and that always restricts me from expanding my inventory. I'm not sure about other sellers, but I have a strong passion in the things I sell, and I feel an urge to do what I can in eliminating fakes.

I never claim being 100% accurate in the judgements I made, but I try to only give opinion on items I believe I know very well (sometimes even pictures that appear blurry to some could contain sufficient information in the eyes of others). Here I really need to apologize for giving a misleading statement that Rubedo has little fakes because that is the case in the country I am currently based in. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

I am aware that some of the posters are skeptical of my appearance due to the concern that I could be sending my own buyers and pretending to authenticate, or miscalling other sellers' items to eliminate competition. Thinking about it twice, I agree that it is only normal for one to be suspicious. I don't know what I could do to clarify, but none of the above is close to being true. Yes, I admit feeling disheartened seeing counterfeits flooding the market, and I especially hate the idea that people are spending so much money on a piece of counterfeit. I do earnestly hope that people can learn more how to judge fakes and stop buying them, but all I could do is to share my knowledge (which could sometimes be wrong, but i will keep improving).

No intention to defend myself here, but I wasn't aware that only certified experts are allowed to help authenticating here. No offense to the folks, but please let me know if you think i shouldn't be voicing my opinion here before proving my credentials.

Last edited:
And this one, too. Thank you in advance!
Hi, not sure about the bangle as it looks like a vintage item, but for the heart lock, I believe it is not an authentic one (in my personal opinion). The letter 'l' in Elsa should have a slight break in the middle rather than a smooth curve, and many counterfeits appear to fail on imitating that. The font is very frequently used in copies of Elsa Peretti's items (I will post info of stores selling fakes like that when I find one).

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151686895628

Hi ladies, I have been dreaming of owning a Cartier Love bracelet for years now and finally am giving the opportunity to own one. Truthfully I am only able to afford a plain love (still debating over rose or yellow gold at the moment) as spending any more than that is out of budget. However I came across this listing on eBay earlier today and it would be awesome to own this bracelet as I can have the diamonds while paying just a tad more than retail price for the plain love. But I can't seem to find a "6 diamond" love bracelet on the actual Cartier website nor did I see it in person when I was at the boutique.. What are your thoughts on this bracelet? Authentic or should I pass and go get my plain love from the boutique?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151686895628

Hi ladies, I have been dreaming of owning a Cartier Love bracelet for years now and finally am giving the opportunity to own one. Truthfully I am only able to afford a plain love (still debating over rose or yellow gold at the moment) as spending any more than that is out of budget. However I came across this listing on eBay earlier today and it would be awesome to own this bracelet as I can have the diamonds while paying just a tad more than retail price for the plain love. But I can't seem to find a "6 diamond" love bracelet on the actual Cartier website nor did I see it in person when I was at the boutique.. What are your thoughts on this bracelet? Authentic or should I pass and go get my plain love from the boutique?

I am not a Love expert, but I do know Cartier did make a 6 diamond Love; however it is discontinued.

Yes that's right. If you feel insecure it is best to email Tiffany to inquire. The infinity necklaces & bracelets now sold in Tiffany stores do not bear any stamping on the pendant. The same goes to the teardrop necklace. However please be cautious that no hallmark on the pendant does not always make an item authentic. The known fact is just that an authentic one doesn't have one. Hope this helps :smile:

Hi everyone! My mother purchased this secondhand for me the other day and I'm not sure if it's a real Tiffany & Co piece. I've tried looking up info and found some ebay listings for it but none of them match with mine 100% so I'm a bit worried since she spent a lot on it.

It's an 18k white gold T&Co atlas diamond bar necklace. Mine is 6.7 grams total but the ones I found were around 3.6grams only. =\ I noticed the stamps (and location) are all different as well. Even the clasp is a tad different. Can someone help me out? I've never owned a T&Co piece so I have nothing on hand to compare it to.

I've attached 8 photos.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 152
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 148
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 151
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 148
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
When I first inquired into the authenticity of this, it was active. Now it's come to the point that I need to pay...
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...-seller-30027-%thread_page%.html#post28574491 but I want your opinion first. Thank you!

Since you bid and won you need to pay. I don't see anything that screams fake but you should take it to Tiffany to get it cleaned and buffed, they will most definitely let you know if it's fake. There is no way to know without seeing this pendant/diamonds in person so your best bet is Tiffany.

Sorry for only showing up now! Wow, what a chaos I have stirred up...My sincere apologies for not introducing myself any earlier, and many heartfelt thanks to those of you who stood up for me.

As stated in my first post, I am a seller on a few online markets, and I sell ONLY Tiffany jewelries. Although I only started the business some 2 years back, but I have handled more than 400 pieces to date (and have scrutinized thousands of pre-used Tiffany, from photos), and I study extensively about both fake and genuine Tiffany so as to be sure to sell only the authentic ones in my store. I visit Tiffany stores every now and then, pretty often I would say, to check out the details (especially the hallmarks!) and get a better feel of the real stuff. I also spend many hours studying counterfeits sold in stores that specialize in fake Tiffany because that's the most direct way to learn about your enemy. What took me here is exactly the desire to learn more about authentication; while I know a few lines very well (including Elsa Peretti's collection), there are still many out there that I have yet to learn how to judge, and that always restricts me from expanding my inventory. I'm not sure about other sellers, but I have a strong passion in the things I sell, and I feel an urge to do what I can in eliminating fakes.

I never claim being 100% accurate in the judgements I made, but I try to only give opinion on items I believe I know very well (sometimes even pictures that appear blurry to some could contain sufficient information in the eyes of others). Here I really need to apologize for giving a misleading statement that Rubedo has little fakes because that is the case in the country I am currently based in. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

I am aware that some of the posters are skeptical of my appearance due to the concern that I could be sending my own buyers and pretending to authenticate, or miscalling other sellers' items to eliminate competition. Thinking about it twice, I agree that it is only normal for one to be suspicious. I don't know what I could do to clarify, but none of the above is close to being true. Yes, I admit feeling disheartened seeing counterfeits flooding the market, and I especially hate the idea that people are spending so much money on a piece of counterfeit. I do earnestly hope that people can learn more how to judge fakes and stop buying them, but all I could do is to share my knowledge (which could sometimes be wrong, but i will keep improving).

No intention to defend myself here, but I wasn't aware that only certified experts are allowed to help authenticating here. No offense to the folks, but please let me know if you think i shouldn't be voicing my opinion here before proving my credentials.
Hello, I saw in your post that you have a lot of experience with Tiffany & Co. jewelry. I was wondering if you had ever come across a Tiffany & Co. platinum with diamonds eternity band that happened to have a four digit number inside? Long story short, I just inherited a Tiffany & Co. platinum eternity band but have not actually seen it first hand. The reading of the will was this past week and I only got to see the GIA report for insurance purposes because the ring is still in the safety deposit box and will not be delivered to me until next week or so along with the other items that I had inherited. On the GIA report that I received it stated that the hallmarks on the inside were the copyright symbol Tiffany & Co. PT950 and then the four digit number. Originally I had only thought that Tiffany used serial numbers on their engagement rings but while browsing ebay I saw other vintage Tiffany platinum and diamond eternity bands that also had four digit numbers after the typical copyright signature. Obviously I hope that this is an authentic piece of jewelry but like I stated before I have no idea. Please let me know what you think since I honestly have no experience on this topic.

Since you bid and won you need to pay. I don't see anything that screams fake but you should take it to Tiffany to get it cleaned and buffed, they will most definitely let you know if it's fake. There is no way to know without seeing this pendant/diamonds in person so your best bet is Tiffany.
good to know, thanks!

Hello everyone !! I accidentally posted wrong the first time so hopefully I do it right this time...

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across a Tiffany & Co. platinum with diamonds eternity band that happened to have a four digit number inside? Long story short, I just inherited a Tiffany & Co. platinum eternity band but have not actually seen it first hand. The reading of the will was this past week and I only got to see the GIA report for insurance purposes because the ring is still in the safety deposit box and will not be delivered to me until next week or so along with the other items that I had inherited. On the GIA report that I received it stated that the hallmarks on the inside were the copyright symbol Tiffany & Co. PT950 and then the four digit number. Originally I had only thought that Tiffany used serial numbers on their engagement rings but while browsing ebay I saw other vintage Tiffany platinum and diamond eternity bands that also had four digit numbers after the typical copyright signature. Obviously I hope that this is an authentic piece of jewelry but like I stated before I have no idea. Please let me know what you think since I honestly have no experience on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.