Authenticate This! jewelry or Seller!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Thanks!!!

2. Thanks Littlerock - the tone of your post is in high contrast to the postings of Mistikats, which have been very confrontational.

I'd invite you to review misitkats performance over the last couple of hours and decide yourself whether it was appropriate behaviour for a moderator.

I'd also invite you to review the quality of my responses on here. I understand that you want 500+ to set some kind of minimum but I fear that you'd be limiting the conversation to Mistikats only!

I think that I've added a lot of value here and have diligently logged in day after day. I do not take kindly to false accusations esp when I'm just providing a public service.

3. #9168 Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Understood, really. We have a lot of regular members in here with thousands of posts, but none that want to authenticate. I think the reason is that it's so difficult from photos. We (moderators) all understand that limiting opinions to 500+ posts, leaves certain experts out initially, but our hope is that those experts would join the authentication community eventually. It's not a closed door forver, just a hey "let our members get to know you (and vice versa) before we trust everything you're saying." You know?

4. With all due respect what I was doing earlier was not authenticating but providing information on hallmarking. That's why I got upset when Mistikats suggested I was authenticating.

May I ask - If you are all agreed that it is impossible to authenticate from photos - why you would let anyone do so? 500 posts or not?

5. That is the question we are asking ourselves. Like I said in an earlier post, the future of this thread is unknown, we are currently working out the kinks and final decisions, either way, have not yet been made.

6. At this point, however, as all the other authentication threads are adhering to the 500+ post requirement, we have been asking the same of all participants in this thread.

7. The jewelry AT is not like our other AT threads. When it comes to handbags, there is a much easier time authenticating for specific brands. The jewelry AT thread covers jewelry in general, that means every designer, vintage and new, and the truth is jewelry is very different from handbags.

We are working on what to do when it comes to this thread. However, the attacks on other members is not allowed and will be deleted.

8. That is so rude of you to say that to Mistikats! It's like assuming littlerock is the boss & asking her to review mistikat's performance! She is also helping in her free time to authenticate in Hermes forum & they are gems in this site & pls don't you abuse them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice