Authenticate This! jewelry or Seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
can any one tell me if its real or fake?
thank you!

Attachments

• 22310_10152983974543720_364039840857194438_n.jpg
    22310_10152983974543720_364039840857194438_n.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 10982313_10152983974533720_6554107791750818117_n.jpg
    10982313_10152983974533720_6554107791750818117_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 268
Hello!

I won a tiffany silver charm bracelet (with the blue enamel gift box soldered on) last week and it finally came today :yahoo: I did ask the seller where the bracelet came from, and if it had other markings. They guarantee that it is authentic and told me this particular set did not have a stamp in the middle link of the bracelet, just on the charm. They do except returns (within 14 days :/) but wanted to get some opinions!

The ebay seller is lipawnshop, and they are a pawn shop. I don't worry to much since most check if the jewelry they are purchasing is real gold, silver, etc.

But want did worry me is that the stamp on the box charm seems "printed" instead of carved in. I do have another box charm (a separate charm), and it's carved with "T & Co. 925" The former is "printed" as "T & Co. AG .925"

Now, I do know that Ag is the symbol for silver, but is this unusual for the enamel box charm?

Here is this listing with pics!

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi, can anyone please help me with this Tiffany's Paloma Picasso Loving Heart ring?
The hearts look rough inside and either I'm not convinced by the other tiffanys the seller is selling or has been sold despite 100%positive feedbacks. Thank you so much.

Tiffany Paloma Picasso Loving Heart Ring

Seller Pechan1

Link: http://www.ebay.it/itm/271881785558?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

For example, the seller also recently sold this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Tiffany-Co-P...Triple-Loving-Heart-Ring-Size-J-/321700339633

Last edited:
Hi could you tell me if this Tiffany men's silver and titanium cuff I just purchased it's fake? The lettering is very crisp and it seems legit to me but I wanted a second opinion. It says 925 Ti inside. Thank you :smile:

Attachments

• 122770507.jpg
    122770507.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 122770493.jpg
    122770493.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 122770486.jpg
    122770486.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 220
  • 122770500.jpg
    122770500.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 216
Hello everyone !!
I have a quick question regarding Tiffany & Co. velvet ring presentation boxes. Currently when you go to Tiffany and buy and engagement ring you receive a beautiful black velvet ring box which has black satin in the back with the Tiffany & Co. logo in silver ink lettering and black velvet for the ring holder. Well I just found out that older Tiffany & Co velvet ring presentation boxes used to have blue satin in the back with the Tiffany & Co. logo in gold in lettering. I was just wondering if anyone happened to know around what year/years they changed their boxes?
Please let me know and thank you in advance for all the responses !!

Thanks for the uploads. I can't see the C mark and the signature of Elsa very clearly (these are the most critical parts), but from the 925 SPAIN I am 95% sure that it is a counterfeit, a good one though. I have seen many fakes of the open heart design, while most are clearly knockoffs a small portion were nearly perfect copies unless you look at the minute details of the hallmark...The hearts and ends do look good from your photos!
Why would you think that it's fake when these were made in Spain and signed in exactly this manner? I can't see any red flags. The piece is very well made.

Thank you very much. In fact I had my doubts as this longer. It's 21 cm long while everything I see is only 19 cm. This has 19 hearts while other only has 16 or 17. Is that possible? Also, I can't focus the hallmark ..too small. Too blurred.
This items looks quite old to me judging by the markings - I don't believe it's fake BTW. The length of items does change over time. What you have to ask primarily is "does this look like it's been made with care and attention to detail"? Counterfeiters are after a quick buck!

I was sent a counterfeit item recently - the stamp was perfect but the finish was awful! When Tiffany & Co inspect items they do it through a loupe. You should have a look at the finish thorough a loupe too.

Elsa Peretti lives in Catalonia, Spain and for that reason many of her design pieces have been manufactured there and are signed "Spain"

I agree. And I've had no issues prior to this where I had concerns. I do in this one instance though as authentications are being made in this instance without necessary pictures and several of the posts were untrue. I realize anyone can give their opinions.

This is the first time in all my years on the forum that I have ever voiced any concerns and the ability to voice those concerns is valid.

It's my opinion that in this one particular instance there is reason for real concern and jewelry authentications should not be undertaken lightly.

So I'll get off my soap box but I won't backpedal. I'm concerned.

It's not an in general concern. I have tremendous respect for our authenticators thought the entire forum.

I'm expressing a concern for the first time and if opinions are valid across the board, the ability to ask for further clarification and express my very real concern is valid as well.

Authentications just can't be undertaken lightly in any thread. And authentications simply cannot be done without large, clear pictures, and many of them.

Glib assessments when people are counting on the answer one way or another, without excellent, heck even remotely decent pictures, is a dangerous precedent, and yes, it concerns me.

The fact that I have never in all these years voiced a concern, and was indeed hesitant to ask for more information, speaks to just how concerned I am.

We ask very very clear and specific pictures when it relates to bags. It should be no different with jewelry. I'd venture to say possibly more important.

Blatant and very good Tiffany fakes abound on the Internet. That in and of itself speaks to the need to be circumspect and cautious about making authentications without necessary pictures.
Agreed

Sorry for only showing up now! Wow, what a chaos I have stirred up...My sincere apologies for not introducing myself any earlier, and many heartfelt thanks to those of you who stood up for me.

As stated in my first post, I am a seller on a few online markets, and I sell ONLY Tiffany jewelries. Although I only started the business some 2 years back, but I have handled more than 400 pieces to date (and have scrutinized thousands of pre-used Tiffany, from photos), and I study extensively about both fake and genuine Tiffany so as to be sure to sell only the authentic ones in my store. I visit Tiffany stores every now and then, pretty often I would say, to check out the details (especially the hallmarks!) and get a better feel of the real stuff. I also spend many hours studying counterfeits sold in stores that specialize in fake Tiffany because that's the most direct way to learn about your enemy. What took me here is exactly the desire to learn more about authentication; while I know a few lines very well (including Elsa Peretti's collection), there are still many out there that I have yet to learn how to judge, and that always restricts me from expanding my inventory. I'm not sure about other sellers, but I have a strong passion in the things I sell, and I feel an urge to do what I can in eliminating fakes.

I never claim being 100% accurate in the judgements I made, but I try to only give opinion on items I believe I know very well (sometimes even pictures that appear blurry to some could contain sufficient information in the eyes of others). Here I really need to apologize for giving a misleading statement that Rubedo has little fakes because that is the case in the country I am currently based in. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

I am aware that some of the posters are skeptical of my appearance due to the concern that I could be sending my own buyers and pretending to authenticate, or miscalling other sellers' items to eliminate competition. Thinking about it twice, I agree that it is only normal for one to be suspicious. I don't know what I could do to clarify, but none of the above is close to being true. Yes, I admit feeling disheartened seeing counterfeits flooding the market, and I especially hate the idea that people are spending so much money on a piece of counterfeit. I do earnestly hope that people can learn more how to judge fakes and stop buying them, but all I could do is to share my knowledge (which could sometimes be wrong, but i will keep improving).

No intention to defend myself here, but I wasn't aware that only certified experts are allowed to help authenticating here. No offense to the folks, but please let me know if you think i shouldn't be voicing my opinion here before proving my credentials.
The problem is you have made a lot of mistakes so it starts to look suspicious - like you're rubbishing everything to make your own items look attractive. I also run a business selling mostly Tiffany & Co and I don't see all the fakes that you do - that is why I'm suspicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.