Vintage LV CLUB !

This is my first post! I have a vintage speedy 40. It was made March, 1983 in Italy :biggrin: (883 SA). I'm thinking of getting the handles replaced and the flaps? The handles are black so I definitely want them replaced but will it look horrible against an otherwise vintage bag?

This is my first post! I have a vintage speedy 40. It was made March, 1983 in Italy :biggrin: (883 SA). I'm thinking of getting the handles replaced and the flaps? The handles are black so I definitely want them replaced but will it look horrible against an otherwise vintage bag?

Hey! Congrats!
I dont think it will looks bad. And vachetta leather in handle are basically develop patina much faster that the other area, so maybe after awhile. It will looks even or pretty close to the other area(piping, and ect). I was thinking the same thing as well to my speedy 40. But my SA told me to consider change all the vachetta leather. She shows me some pics of the other vintage bag that changes all vachetta leather. Sure its alittle prices. But really.... its just looks like brand new.

Hey! Congrats!
I dont think it will looks bad. And vachetta leather in handle are basically develop patina much faster that the other area, so maybe after awhile. It will looks even or pretty close to the other area(piping, and ect). I was thinking the same thing as well to my speedy 40. But my SA told me to consider change all the vachetta leather. She shows me some pics of the other vintage bag that changes all vachetta leather. Sure its alittle prices. But really.... its just looks like brand new.
Thank you so much for responding :smile: I was considering getting all the leather replaced except for the piping because, although it has darkened, its in great condition. Which makes me love true vintage bags even more! I've seen countless new bags where the piping is completely destroyed

Thank you so much for responding :smile: I was considering getting all the leather replaced except for the piping because, although it has darkened, its in great condition. Which makes me love true vintage bags even more! I've seen countless new bags where the piping is completely destroyed

Awesome. Or perhaps you could have a choice to only replace the outside leather. Like the pull,handle.
I was consider to change the piping. My speedy doesnt really "destroyed" or anything like that. But its just kinda lost its structured. However my SA doesnt really suggest that because the piping is still looks fine.

My 25 year old Epi Petit Noe that I'm in love with :smile:

2014-07-04131804-1_zps7ee19d0b.jpg