Vintage LV CLUB !

So far I mostly use this one for work and I got two other bags with lunch & laptop with me and I gotta say it is not a problem to get my wallet quickly out for the bus or when paying at the cafe with only free hand. I had more trouble with the Piano cause I couldn't close it or open it without two hands due to the zipper.

What I find good is that the bag very steadily rests against my side so I can easily one handed open the string without the bag twisting and turning and even I would not at that very moment tie it again the bag won't "hang open" as least my bag keeps itself closed without a not on the string :smile:.

Thank you so much for sharing your opening and closing of the noe. I guess i got to buy a preloved noe to really understand the ease of it.

Hi. I wanna know your opinion about Louis Vuitton Bucket gm and Louis Vuitton Babylone?
Which one is more practical and hold more stuff? And which one is better? Thank you.

I have a 2000 Babylone. It's a great bag. Very roomy yet thin, and very comfortable to carry. The only problem I have with it is I'm pretty short (5'3") so sometimes the long straps can be annoying. It would probably fit better on a taller person.

Tried looking for a pic but could not find one. Anyone with A speedy 30 from 1991 pleSe post a pic of the top part and the side? I have one nagging questions about a bag I just bought and I will go crazy until it gets here and I can authenticafe. Thank you!!!!

My vintage Petit Noe from year 1983 arrived yesterday. It's a beauty for something 8 years older than myself. The patina on it is beautiful honey color, although a little lighter than in the pictures as my camera changes the contrast a little.
Absolutely beautiful. Wish I found a Petit Noe made in the 80's that was in good-enough condition.
Congratulations!

Tried looking for a pic but could not find one. Anyone with A speedy 30 from 1991 pleSe post a pic of the top part and the side? I have one nagging questions about a bag I just bought and I will go crazy until it gets here and I can authenticafe. Thank you!!!!
Did you get your picture? I have an older speeding in my album. I bought it myself at I Mag back in the day.

So ladies I was cleaning out my closet and took some pictures of my older handbags. Thought some of you younger ladies might find it useful if you were shopping second hand or E-bay. So this is an LV "American" Speedy 30 form 1985. I am positive because I bought it myself at I. Magnin. It has no interior pockets just 4 small tabs of leather with rivets where the handles are attached on the inside and 1 paper tag. The bottom has a leather seam which was the mark of "American" vs. French. It was popular because it didn't sag as much plus the "LV" was right side up on both sides. Stores carried both and it was just a matter of preference. It cost $180 for comparison my Gucci Boston bought same year was over $300. It held up well as I used it all through college. It was the "IT BAG" at the time and I worked all summer to pay for it. Minimum wage was $3.35. I've always loved handbags :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 100_0540.JPG
    100_0540.JPG
    350.6 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 100_0552.JPG
    100_0552.JPG
    659.3 KB · Views: 1,099
  • 100_0551.JPG
    100_0551.JPG
    661.9 KB · Views: 1,095
  • 100_0546.JPG
    100_0546.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 100_0548.JPG
    100_0548.JPG
    642.1 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 100_0553.JPG
    100_0553.JPG
    737.5 KB · Views: 1,089
  • 100_0545.JPG
    100_0545.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 1,091
I am so in love with LV vintage after seeing all photos here. May I know minimum how many years to be considered under vintage?

Unfortunately our TPF authenticator dont help authenticate bags sold on Instagram and etsy because I've seen some nice pieces there. Any suggestion for me to acquire real vintage? TIA

Item Name: Authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Saumur 35 Shoulder Bag M42254
Item Number: 131534457042
Seller: ilovekawaii-shop
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131534457042?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Can you authenticate please? Feedback is overall good, but there have been a few negs for supposedly fake LV items. It may have ended by the time you look. But I have been wondering about date codes like the one on this bag, it is 883 V.I. And I can't find anything about it Googling or searching these forums. Thanks so much everyone! :smile:

Edit: So sorry everyone! I don't know how I got on this thread, lol!

Last edited:
I can't even describe how much I love your vintage bags here! They are all very beautiful! :love:

I am searching my own vintage Speedy at the moment but I'm very confused. The date code says TH0873 so that should be from 1983, correct? But that isn't the way all the guides say date codes are marked in the early 80's. Am I checking a fake or is this again one thing with vintage bags - you can't exactly tell what details a bag should have to be authentic?

So ladies I was cleaning out my closet and took some pictures of my older handbags. Thought some of you younger ladies might find it useful if you were shopping second hand or E-bay. So this is an LV "American" Speedy 30 form 1985. I am positive because I bought it myself at I. Magnin. It has no interior pockets just 4 small tabs of leather with rivets where the handles are attached on the inside and 1 paper tag. The bottom has a leather seam which was the mark of "American" vs. French. It was popular because it didn't sag as much plus the "LV" was right side up on both sides. Stores carried both and it was just a matter of preference. It cost $180 for comparison my Gucci Boston bought same year was over $300. It held up well as I used it all through college. It was the "IT BAG" at the time and I worked all summer to pay for it. Minimum wage was $3.35. I've always loved handbags :rolleyes:

I have the same bag. My mother purchased it in Atlanta in 1986. Yours is in much better condition than mine though. She used it everyday for 15+ years, then gave it to me in 2003 and I used it everyday until February of this year and retired her. My favorite part is how it has the leather seam on the bottom and LV facing up on both sides. The canvas is cracked all around the zipper on both sides and the zipper hasn't worked since she gave it to me. Finally retired her and purchased the Turenne MM. I love it. Feels like the upgraded big sister to my old Speedy.